Sox vs Atlanta 6-23 game thread 7:05 first pitch, CSN

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 10:55 PM)
Gordon back below .200 and hovering around a 520 OPS, which might be the lowest of all qualified MLB hitters.

They have to pull the plug on him for now and see what a new environment in AAA can do for him.

He's been the lowest for a while now. He's one of only 4 players in baseball with a sub .600 OPS this season. Others being: Pedro Feliz, Jose Lopez and Juan Pierre.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 09:52 PM)
Are Mets fans even that bad in general?

I haven't made it to Citi Field yet (even though I work for Citi!). I've been to both old and new Yankees Stadium, when the Sox have been in town and for a couple of other games. And actually, I didn't find the Yanks fans to be as bad as previously advertised, but I will tell you that the old Yankees Stadium was a complete dump. Horrible structure from which to watch a game, and I don't care how many World Series Championships occurred there.

As for the Metropolitans, well, I've always cut them a little slack, even before I moved here. For reasons I don't know, I seem to understand their so-called plight as the 2nd team in a 2-team city. : )

Rob Deer hit below .200 with huge power and K's one year.

Beckham has Alex Rios-itis (2009 version) and Alex has switched hitting ability with Gordon, sort of like Freaky Friday.

I don't know if he's going to get things figured out in the heat of a pennant rate....this is becoming like Brian Anderson in 2006, except we have Vizquel that can play 2B with Viciedo plugging in at 3B.

Right now, there's no other choice for Guillen until KW can make a move.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 10:58 PM)
I haven't made it to Citi Field yet (even though I work for Citi!). I've been to both old and new Yankees Stadium, when the Sox have been in town and for a couple of other games. And actually, I didn't find the Yanks fans to be as bad as previously advertised, but I will tell you that the old Yankees Stadium was a complete dump. Horrible structure from which to watch a game, and I don't care how many World Series Championships occurred there.

As for the Metropolitans, well, I've always cut them a little slack, even before I moved here. For reasons I don't know, I seem to understand their so-called plight as the 2nd team in a 2-team city. : )

Funny you say that. I kind of always saw the Mets as NY's version of the White Sox.