Sox vs Atlanta 6-23 game thread 7:05 first pitch, CSN

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 05:03 AM)
Has anyone in the organization tried to look at video on Beckham from last year compared to this year? I mean it has to be more than mental approach at this point.

Why go through the pain? That's like going back and looking at pictures of your wife when she was in college, and then comparing them to how she looks after having a child.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:01 PM)
The only problem with playing Viciedo at 3rd is you're going to hurt our defense, and that's something that's really carrying us right now.

If Quentin's hitting, maybe we can carry Lillibridge/Ramirez/Vizquel across the infield, but I would still take a shot with Viciedo getting hot before I would go to Lillibridge again.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 10:02 PM)
Funny you say that. I kind of always saw the Mets as NY's version of the White Sox.

It really seems to be, although not as quite a second citizen complex as unfortunately we seem to feel in Chicago. (Nothing some post-season success wouldn't help to overcome, I believe!) : )

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:05 PM)
This team is a Dunn or Fielder (pipe dream) from being legit.

Which is exactly what we said coming into the season...except then it was Thome, Matsui, Vladdy, Damon, Abreu, etc.

Nothing has changed. Just that Jones bailed out KW with six weeks of hot hitting.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:04 PM)
Why go through the pain? That's like going back and looking at pictures of your wife when she was in college, and then comparing them to how she looks after having a child.

Ha! Nice. My wife actually probably looks better than she did in college! But no kids. But I digress. It is just frustrating to see him struggle so bad when he had such great bat control last season. I could see AAA working and I like the Aviles comparison. While Beckham may have more raw talent, Aviles had a real live bat his rookie season, then struggled and was sent to AAA. He seems to have fixed his swing and has played well this season. Maybe Beckham could figure it out in AAA?

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 05:08 AM)
Mariners are up 6-1 on Cubs with 10 hits, 3 of which are infield singles, 6 shallow singles to the OF and one bloop double. Lee seems to be putting them to sleep.

They need to fire Piniella, they are completely reflecting his "what can we do?" attitude.

Somehow, some way, it would be nice for Gordon to regain his offensive prowess. Being able to insert him back in the no. 2 hole and being able to put the venerable Vizquel down at 9th, with his very trusty defense in there day in and day out, could go a long ways towards contributing to whatever success we achieve this year.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
This team is a Dunn or Fielder (pipe dream) from being legit.

I'm not so sure it's much of a pipe dream. You know Kenny's style. If they're available, he's gonna make a run at them.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 05:09 AM)
Ha! Nice. My wife actually probably looks better than she did in college! But no kids. But I digress. It is just frustrating to see him struggle so bad when he had such great bat control last season. I could see AAA working and I like the Aviles comparison. While Beckham may have more raw talent, Aviles had a real live bat his rookie season, then struggled and was sent to AAA. He seems to have fixed his swing and has played well this season. Maybe Beckham could figure it out in AAA?

There's no harm in sending him down. If he goes to AAA and turns it around, then great. If he goes there and sucks..and continues to suck....then you realize his rookie year was on par with Josh Fields and Caruso.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 10:09 PM)
Which is exactly what we said coming into the season...except then it was Thome, Matsui, Vladdy, Damon, Abreu, etc.

Nothing has changed. Just that Jones bailed out KW with six weeks of hot hitting.

Heh, I was thinking the exact same thing when I read that. The big difference is I didn't see Gordon sucking this much(I would add CQ to that mix but he seems to be coming around now a days) but everything else seems to be falling in place the way mostly everyone expected.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:09 PM)

Yup. Can you imagine Vlad on this team right now. Pains me to look at his box score every night.