Sox vs Atlanta June 24th 1:05 first pitch

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 04:38 PM)
No, I just dislike people who seem to have a vast majority of posts hating on every aspect of the team, then when we win act like nothing happened. All the hate Jenks was getting only a couple weeks ago is now just "well, well, all I was saying was he just isn't good in tie games!!!!" when every post was calling him a useless fatass. I see no need for that bulls*** for a guy like Jenks.

There were a lot of over the top comments, but in all fairness he was pitching like horses***. If you werent worried at all about him you were being ignorant or just not paying attention.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 08:38 PM)
No, I just dislike people who seem to have a vast majority of posts hating on every aspect of the team, then when we win act like nothing happened. All the hate Jenks was getting only a couple weeks ago is now just "well, well, all I was saying was he just isn't good in tie games!!!!" when every post was calling him a useless fatass. I see no need for that bulls*** for a guy like Jenks.

Well, he sucked at that point. If Randy Williams went on a string of 20 straight scoreless innings, would you complain that people used to bash him? And bulls*** for a guy like Jenks? The same Jenks the Sox were trying to unload on anyone that would take his contract this past offseason, and the same guy they've openly criticized for being too stubborn to throw his curveball?

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:38 PM)

Up until early recently, Jenks WAS a useless fatass who hadn't pitched at a high level in quite a while. Just because he's pitching a lot better now doesn't mean he didn't deserve criticism when he wasn't.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:33 PM)
I'm not b****ing god dammit. Did you ever wonder why all the elite closers in the game have about 6 or 7 outings to this point that took place in tied games? Well that's because IT'S PART OF THE f***ING JOB. Kind of like what Mo did last night in Arizona. If a closer was asked it only pitch in save situations then there'd really be no reason to pay them $7M+ a year.

When someone says "Jenks shouldn't pitch in tie ballgames" I'm gonna f***ing say something because that's jut ridiculous. How about you come up with a thought that has nothing to do with other people's opinions on Bobby Jenks?

I never stated Bobby was an "elite closer" or compared him to Mo f'n Rivera. And I also don't believe you put him in during tie games because he struggles for whatever reason.....but that doesn't make a save in the 9th any less f***ing meaningful. He is what he is, expecting him to be Rivera is stupid.

And I guess your definition of b****ing and mine are different. When he goes out and dominates 1-2-3, my first thought is "Nice Jenks" while others seem to be "well, he still sucks in tie games"

Up until early recently, Jenks WAS a useless fatass who hadn't pitched at a high level in quite a while. Just because he's pitching a lot better now doesn't mean he didn't deserve criticism when he wasn't.

Recently? Are you f***ing kidding me?

People's hatred of Jenks is borderline insane!! He is a f***ing stud and was again today.

People on this board cannot admit they were WRONG I guess.

I admit I'm wrong all the time.

I can't believe I log on and there's more Jenks hate going on after ANOTHER WIN and another dominant save.

Jenks rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!

When he dominates like today why can't EVERYBODY just enjoy it and praise his big f***ing ass????

Edited by greg775

True, Chet, but I log on and have to read about Jenks not being good in tie games before some will give the guy praise.

Sox fans take for granted excellent performances, but when we lose or Jenks blows a game ... BAM they will bury him.

Praise the guy, people. Praise him!!! And this team is doing so well. Amazing job by Oz and the players or I should say the players and Oz as the players are the producers, but he has done a fine job as well.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)
True, Chet, but I log on and have to read about Jenks not being good in tie games before some will give the guy praise.

Sox fans take for granted excellent performances, but when we lose or Jenks blows a game ... BAM they will bury him.

Praise the guy, people. Praise him!!! And this team is doing so well. Amazing job by Oz and the players or I should say the players and Oz as the players are the producers, but he has done a fine job as well.

What's frustrating is you've made no effort to try and comprehend the point we've been trying to make with regards to Jenks being ineffective in certain spots.

greg, I like you. But I think you are putting on some kinda act. You can't possibly be this dense. Bobby's April and May ERA was 5.00 and 7.88. His April and May WHIP was 1.89 and 2.25. Do you realize how f***ing terrible that is? Do you understand statistics at all? He was horses***. Yes, he's been amazing in June. But that's it. That's all he gets credit for. The crap that was April/May doesn't disappear because you think it should.

What's frustrating is you've made no effort to try and comprehend the point we've been trying to make with regards to Jenks being ineffective in certain spots.

Bulls***. Horses***.

Last night I posted several times I think Bob's track record in tie games makes it to where I think Oz is wrong using him in tie games unless he's the only one left not named Randy.

Kalapse pointed out a great closer has to work well in tie games. We discussed that.

I never said Bobby was perfect.

Bobby is f***ing good, though, and he is getting very very little love on this board. My opinion is it is people can't admit they are wrong. I am glad I admit I am wrong all the time.

What is this argument even about?

We've just won 8 in a row, 13 out of 14 and 14 out of 16 and this?

Jenks might not be worth his contract numbers...when we have Putz, Thornton and Santos that all potentially could do the job.

However, none of us know if any of those three could average an 80-85% save conversion rate in 2011, which is what you really need to keep your job (obviously 85% and higher is preferable). Is is worth saving $8-9 million next year on Jenks to find out the answer to that question, we just might find out soon enough.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
Oh my goodness. I want to kick your ass so bad. lol.

And we should bring back Danny Wright or James Baldwin because they both won lots of games in seasons where they put up 5+ ERA's, lol.

Because wins are the only things that matter for starters, just like Saves/SO for closers.

Sure.

Cowley was on the Score today talking about how Bobby had trouble locating his fastball on the corners and everything was center cut.

Coop or somebody else fixed him, apparently. And now he's back to form.

This makes sense since Bobby changed his delivery from the windup this year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 04:32 PM)
The crap that was April/May doesn't disappear because you think it should.

It disappears because it doesn't matter anymore, its done and over with.. the only thing that matters is what Jenks is doing NOW.. I don't give a s*** what he did in April, its over with and hasn't hurt us.. Im more concerned with what he is doing now..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 04:53 PM)
It disappears because it doesn't matter anymore, its done and over with.. the only thing that matters is what Jenks is doing NOW.. I don't give a s*** what he did in April, its over with and hasn't hurt us.. Im more concerned with what he is doing now..

As am I. But Bobby is NOT having a great year. He's having a great month. That's what greg doesn't seem to get.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 04:56 PM)
As am I. But Bobby is NOT having a great year. He's having a great month. That's what greg doesn't seem to get.

Correct, but that doesn't mean that Bobby cant end up with a great year

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 05:56 PM)

Actually, I think it probably does. He'd need to give up like 5 runs total in his next 30+ innings to get his ERA to a decent place for the season.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 10:56 PM)

And please find me one person who said that if he pitches good the rest of the way, it wouldn't be considered a great year?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 10:57 PM)
Actually, I think it probably does. He'd need to give up like 5 runs total in his next 30+ innings to get his ERA to a decent place for the season.

But it's like Tony Pena...if a lot of the runs were from a few bad games, then you have to worry a little less about the ERA. If he ends the season with 2 or 3 blown saves, and can pitch well in tie game situations, I'll consider it a great year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 05:59 PM)
But it's like Tony Pena...if a lot of the runs were from a few bad games, then you have to worry a little less about the ERA. If he ends the season with 2 or 3 blown saves, and can pitch well in tie game situations, I'll consider it a great year.

I'd call it somewhere between a good and a very good year, but I'm not sure how you can have a great year and write off 2+ months. I don't think Quentin can possibly have a great year either. Ditto Beckham.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 04:58 PM)
And please find me one person who said that if he pitches good the rest of the way, it wouldn't be considered a great year?

I never said someone said that