Sox vs Cubs 6-27 game thread 1:05 first pitch

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
After not seeing the game threads for the last few days, I'm shocked at some of the awful posts in here not even dealing with the happenings in the game. I thought the mood around here would be a lot happier.

Not when there is a group of people who apparently are happy when the Sox lose.

QUOTE (The Beast @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 02:33 PM)
I don't see how having poor seasons or being kept on the team by the GM is incompetent on their parts.

The only time we've eaten a big contract this decade was MacDougal, but Linebrink is inching closer.

If this was the final year of his deal, he'd be gone one way or the other.

KW wasn't incompetent, he simply over-reached by 2 years on that deal for Linebrink.

Williams should have been replaced by trade or Threets a long time ago.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 02:35 PM)
After not seeing the game threads for the last few days, I'm shocked at some of the awful posts in here not even dealing with the happenings in the game. I thought the mood around here would be a lot happier.

I think it's the combination of the winning streak coming to an end and it coming at the hands of the lowly Cubs.

With this pitching matchup, this is a game where the odds were stacked in our favor, especially after getting the quick 2-0 lead.

Johnny just didn't have it today and we let Dempster get in a rhythm after having him on the ropes early.

Oh well, you can't win them all.

Need to get another winning streak started tomorrow.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 03:38 PM)
This is what happens when our pitching fails us.

Somebody was due for one of these outings, turns out it was Danks.

Yeah we're screwed if the starter can't get into the 6th at least. The bridge to the back of the pen is mighty weak.