Adam Dunn Trade rumor thread

TheChrisSamsa

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 10:46 AM)
So the price has dropped to Beckham/Hudson/CQ + Viciedo + more? Wow, they are out of their minds.

From, not to.

They were asking for GB/DH/CQ type deal (maybe with Viciedo, maybe not), now they are saying Viciedo + works, I do it depending on the + part. If they consider Hudson part of that + part, then no. If its some lwoer guys like Short, then I do it.

I think this deal is going to get done. It might take all the way until the 31st, but it just makes too much sense for both sides for something not to occur. Based on the minor league price we're going to have to pay though from our already weak system, I think if we make this deal and also call up Sale, our farm teams might as well close up shop for the year. :lol:

Also, regardless of what is being said, I wouldn't be shocked if we were still willing to give up Hudson in this deal too. Maybe that's part of why I think it'll get done though, and I certainly could be wrong.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

"I'm very mindful of how this team has banded together and overcome a mountain of hurdles to get to where they want to get right now," Williams said. "So I think you have to be very cognizant of doing something that isn't, like I said, exponentially better and making sure it's not disruptive at the same time."

On the rise: Left-hander Chris Sale, the Sox's first-round pick in the June draft, is under serious consideration for a promotion after making the jump from Class A to Triple-A Charlotte last Wednesday

chicagotribune.com/sports

Kenny always whines about how difficult the market is for making trades this time of year. And any time we're in the race, he always says he has to be careful in only making a potential move if it makes us a lot better and doesn't disrupt chemistry. So I don't take what he's saying to mean much since it's been said by him before and will be said again.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 10:56 AM)
I'd love to build a package around Flowers, Danks 2, etc. But I know that won't be even close to enough.

Flowers has been the most disappointing prospect for me this year.

Which is why you maybe don't trade him as readily. His value, like Morel's, might be higher to the Sox than other teams. I'd be Flowers comes back nicely as the year goes on.

Then again, I really like me some Viciedo.

Ugh, can we just fast forward to August 1st?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 08:45 AM)
And yet, Nix has been a better than solid bat in Cleveland's lineup.

I guess those who said Nix would be fine given consistent playing time at his position (2B), were right.

We have Gordon Beckham that's it.

Edited by justBLAZE

I agree with caulfield that Dayan's ceiling is Miguel Cabrera. Especially if he learns pitch selection, which is not out of the question for a 21 year old. Considering Dunn is a FA and will command a large contract at age 30 my highest package for Dunn is this:

Flowers

Morel

Torres

Short

+maybe random throw in.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
I agree with caulfield that Dayan's ceiling is Miguel Cabrera. Especially if he learns pitch selection, which is not out of the question for a 21 year old. Considering Dunn is a FA and will command a large contract at age 30 my highest package for Dunn is this:

Flowers

Morel

Torres

Short

+maybe random throw in.

I think you are dreaming if you think his ceiling is Cabrera. Miguel at the age of 20 was already hitting cleanup for Florida and when he was Dayan's age was an all star and 5th in the league in RBI. Dayan is not even close.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 12:12 PM)
I think you are dreaming if you think his ceiling is Cabrera. Miguel at the age of 20 was already hitting cleanup for Florida and when he was Dayan's age was an all star and 5th in the league in RBI. Dayan is not even close.

His absolute best couldn't be Cabrera?

I didn't say he was going to be, I said I think he could.

That being said, It think he is likely to end up being a good average, a lot of homers, but not too many walks type of hitter.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 12:23 PM)

That being said, It think he is likely to end up being a good average, a lot of homers, but not too many walks type of hitter.

I dont think so. Cabrera is a top 5 hitter.

I think your likely assessment is about right with the only question being the average.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 12:23 PM)

Cabrera, when all is said and done, will probably go down as one of the best hitters in modern baseball history.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 01:52 PM)
Hm, I was hoping Berkman was still in the discussion. But really, which of those three the team wants is dictated by what they want for them, and we have no idea what the other teams are asking.

I've got to figure if Berkman's not in the discussion, it's because of medical reports and not because of asking price.

Of course, that's assuming some level of intelligence in Houston.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 12:56 PM)
I've got to figure if Berkman's not in the discussion, it's because of medical reports and not because of asking price.

Of course, that's assuming some level of intelligence in Houston.

Would you have traded Frank Thomas in 2002?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 02:21 PM)
Would you have traded Frank Thomas in 2002?

Was Frank a Free Agent at the end of 2002 (or at the worst a guy with an expensive, not likely to be picked up unless he heals a lot and soon club option?)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 01:23 PM)
Was Frank a Free Agent at the end of 2002 (or at the worst a guy with an expensive, not likely to be picked up unless he heals a lot and soon club option?)

I seem to recall the Sox invoking the diminished skills clause in his contract after that season, and then resigned him shortly thereafter, so yes.