Adam Dunn Trade rumor thread

TheChrisSamsa

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 05:56 PM)
OT but... I prefer the plump one. ;)

For me it's 1. Jennifer Hudson, 2. Beyonce, 3. Megan Good, and then farther down at a distance at #4 is Rihanna with a bag over her head.

1. Meagan Good

2. Beyonce

27. Rihanna

194. Jennifer Hudson

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 04:56 PM)
OT but... I prefer the plump one. ;)

For me it's 1. Jennifer Hudson, 2. Beyonce, 3. Megan Good, and then farther down at a distance at #4 is Rihanna with a bag over her head.

LOL, right when I saw that comment I was expecting to hear a response from you

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 07:44 PM)
At this point I would trade Q for Dunn straight up if we could sign Dunn for an extension. I'm getting tired of all these damn injuries.

He gets hit a lot, s*** happens.

Add in the fact that he can't play the outfield too well and you have yourself an injury-prone player.

If you DH him, there's a much better chance of him staying intact.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 08:19 PM)
He gets hit a lot, s*** happens.

Add in the fact that he can't play the outfield too well and you have yourself an injury-prone player.

If you DH him, there's a much better chance of him staying intact.

Most sane people like us would DH him but we know Ozzie will primarily use him as an outfielder. Given that fact I don't know if we'll ever see his true potential as a hitter, making him expendable in my eyes.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 08:44 PM)
Most sane people like us would DH him but we know Ozzie will primarily use him as an outfielder. Given that fact I don't know if we'll ever see his true potential as a hitter, making him expendable in my eyes.

Insane people would say that Q would go insane if he DH'd, making him more prone to injury. They should know. :lolhitting

Edited by chw42

I had a dream last night we trade Gordon for Dunn and I was incredibly sad. It was not helped by the fact that Dunn didn't resign in the offseason, thus creating two holes in our lineup.

That is why we will not trade Gordon.

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 12:11 PM)
Dunn will be a White Sox and Oswalt will be a Phillie by July 31st per someone I know with the Phillies.

I hope your per someone is right. Well, albeit if KW doesnt overpay MikeChuck RizzoLamarr

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 01:08 PM)
This person who works with the Phillies knows what the White Sox, Astros and Nationals are doing?

I'm sure its just speculation based on the info they have. If Adam Dunn replaces Kotsay in the line up and they don't lose any other major league parts, there's a pretty good chance the Sox win the division comfortably, which is important in the fact it lets you set up your playoff rotation and can give your bullpen the proper rest.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 09:55 AM)
Who would we send to AZ? We don't have many good arms in the minors.

I assume we'd send Viciedo and others to the Nationals, who would keep some of the guys the Sox got and send other prospects to the Dbacks.

That or we are going to be giving up a plethora of far lower level guys like the Holmberg's, etc, who I wouldn't assume have that much value at this point (as they are pretty unproven).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 09:57 AM)
I wonder who the young pitchers would be that ended up in Arizona. Would they be Sox prospects or Nationals prospects.

Viciedo, Buch, Holmberg, and Flowers? Nats than keep Viciedo & Flowers and than add a couple arms?

I'm just throwing out s***, nothing more, not even sure if I would do that or not. But it would be intriguing.

I would trade Viciedo and Flowers for Dunn, but I doubt that is enough for the Nats. And if you can't resign Dunn, take your comp picks and hopefully draft well.

Santos + Viciedo + Holmberg/Rodriguez?

I think Santos would make a good guy to build this package around. I don't think they'd have much of a use for Flowers. Montero's going to be a very good offensive catcher for years to come.