Peavy Done for Year; Marquez Up

knightni

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying that I did freak out, because I didn't but I can understand why people would. It looked really bad and this is a pitcher with poor mechanics (inverted W) and 2 elbow strains in his history as well as fluid in his shoulder which has caused him to skip side sessions. Hard not to think the worst.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:22 PM)
Not saying that I did freak out, because I didn't but I can understand why people would. It looked really bad and this is a pitcher with poor mechanics (inverted W) and 2 elbow strains in his history as well as fluid in his shoulder which has caused him to skip side sessions. Hard not to think the worst.

Don't you mean a regular M?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:22 AM)

As I said to shack, I don't care it was a Sox pitcher on the mound, I would have thought that any particular pitcher had just blown their elbow out with the way he reacted.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
I think Peavy is out until after the Minnesota series, maybe misses 1-2 starts.

Maybe two. They can also use the AS Break to reset the rotation order like before. Hudson should hold his own in the meantime.

I'm excited to see Hudson back in the game if Peavy gets a DL stint, though it does suck.

P.S. I hope we get Torres up to as far as our LR problem. I like what Pena has done this season for the most part, but he is not a LR and he has been left in to get killed this year inflating his ERA.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:30 PM)
Brad Penny went on the DL with a strained Lat 5/22. He was supposed to throw a simulated game today, but had soreness in his bicep. Using that as a very rough guideline Peavy ready again by start of September.

Peavy is a fitness machine. Penny is not even close to being in the kind of shape Jake is in. Nor is he anywhere near the competitor Peavy is.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:42 PM)
Peavy is a fitness machine. Penny is not even close to being in the kind of shape Jake is in. Nor is he anywhere near the competitor Peavy is.

I think this could help Peavy get healthy for the stretch run, let's just hope Hudson can hold strong.