7/7 - LA vs. Sox

Heads22

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
Yeah I also like the lineup. Which means we'll probably lose 2-1 tonight.

if we had a different stick in that 6 hole, I really would like this lineup and think we could win the division

Jones getting 3 starts in a row, let alone being on an MLB roster, is laughable. I hope Jones gets his 400th tonight, that way there should be nothing holding us back from DFA'ing after he strikes out pitifully his other AB's.

Also, if you are going to have Jones in the lineup, don't bat him 6th. He provides NO PROTECTION what-so-ever for our hottest hitter, Quentin. At least put Viciedo there because he has been swinging the bat with authority and does appear to be a threat when he steps into the batters box.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:38 PM)
This still blows my mind. He was so f***ing awful last year.. I know, small sample size, but still, even if all he gives us this year is these passed few weeks, I'm totally okay with it. I assumed once he was sent back down, we'd never see him again. Welcome back!

He's still trying to be a power hitter, but right now he is just seeing the ball really well and hitting it with authority. I doubt he'll keep this up very long, but it is refreshing to see compared to Beckham having no clue what he's doing and trying to hit 500 ft. homers everytime he swings.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:09 PM)
He's still trying to be a power hitter, but right now he is just seeing the ball really well and hitting it with authority. I doubt he'll keep this up very long, but it is refreshing to see compared to Beckham having no clue what he's doing and trying to hit 500 ft. homers everytime he swings.

I don't think Gordon's trying to do that. I think he's completely mentally f***ed right now.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:15 PM)
I don't think Gordon's trying to do that. I think he's completely mentally f***ed right now.

He's all discombobulated, no doubt. But he is still swinging wildly and trying to be a power hitter.

I wish someone would just lock Beckham in a closest and make him watch continues clips of Michael Young hitting. Beckham needs to get it through his head he's not a HR power hitter in the bigs, he's a gap power hitter. The HR's will come, just like they do for Young, but Beckham needs to be smart and look to drive the ball, and right now he's a fool at bat. Its so frustrating.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:54 PM)
Pierre LF

Ramirez SS

Rios CF

Konerko 1B

Jones RF

Castro C

Viciedo 3B

Lillibridge DH

Beckham 2B

Garcia P

Yikes. That does not look like a playoff caliber roster.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:55 PM)
Yikes. That does not look like a playoff caliber roster.

LILLIBOMB

DH

You know full well we'll score 12 tonight, because God has a sense of humor.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
LILLIBOMB

DH

You know full well we'll score 12 tonight, because God has a sense of humor.

Hopefully we're up 12-0 in the bottom of the 5th and the game gets called for rain. I need a good night of sleep.