Lance Berkman traded to Yankees

Heads22

cst_sox Don't confuse quiet with inactivity.

12 minutes ago via web

http://twitter.com/cst_sox

Ken_Rosenthal Berkman to #Yankees could put #Nationals in bind with Dunn. Nats lose big potential suitor. #WhiteSox can hold out for (MORE) #Rays #MLB

deal of their liking. #Rays can't be sure Dunn will succeed as DH after failed expriment w Burrell. #Nationals might be stuck. #Yankees #MLB

9 minutes ago via web

http://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)
Did Kenny and his staff take a 5 hour nap after trading for Jackson?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:04 PM)
Or pick up the option for next season that Berkman may require to waive his NTC.

Quite the opposite. From what I've read, he required that teams DO NOT pick up his option.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:24 AM)
Lance Berkman=Douche

BNightengale #mlb Curiously, Lance Berkman had recently exercised his no-trade rights for possible deal with White Sox before accepting Yankees' trade.

When are people going to realize that a certain individual in the Sox organization is causing players to not want to play here?

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:29 PM)
Oz?

Serious question. Who?

Yes, Ozzie. Runner-up for manager you'd least like to play for. Personally, I think it's bulls*** as he treats his players very well. However, the reputation he has is obviously hurting.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 06:31 PM)
Yes, Ozzie. Runner-up for manager you'd least like to play for. Personally, I think it's bulls*** as he treats his players very well. However, the reputation he has is obviously hurting.

How did it hurt here? Berkman waived his NTC so he COULD play for the Sox.

So Mike Scioscia is also an A--, because Derek Lee refused to be traded to the Angels?

Wouldn't you rather play in the city where you have a 95% chance of making the playoffs/World Series, versus a team that has a 50/50 chance at best to make the playoffs and is missing one of its top starters for the remainder of the season, also knowing that Guillen is likely to leave you at DH instead of allowing you to play 1B in deference to his captain?

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 06:42 PM)
No, he rejected a trade here

Ok, I guess I didn't read that right. If there are Astros that hold grudges, I blame the fan that treated Biggio's wife like crap.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:43 AM)
So Mike Scioscia is also an A--, because Derek Lee refused to be traded to the Angels?

Wouldn't you rather play in the city where you have a 95% chance of making the playoffs/World Series, versus a team that has a 50/50 chance at best to make the playoffs and is missing one of its top starters for the remainder of the season, also knowing that Guillen is likely to leave you at DH instead of allowing you to play 1B in deference to his captain?

D. Lee's decision had everything to do with his daughter. Also, this is not the first person to decline a trade to the Sox in the last couple of years.

I think the reason people arent waiving their NTC"s is because of the following:

1) Sox arent considered legitimate contenders for WS (most years)

2) Sox arent known for breaking the bank to resign players.

Unless youre a Sox fan, I cant really imagine most people picking the Sox over the Yankees right now.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:08 PM)
I think the reason people arent waiving their NTC"s is because of the following:

1) Sox arent considered legitimate contenders for WS (most years)

2) Sox arent known for breaking the bank to resign players.

Unless youre a Sox fan, I cant really imagine most people picking the Sox over the Yankees right now.

this is true, but I'm still not happy about it.

Apparently the Yankees didn't give up much and are getting a nice size of cash back...

I'm not surprised Berkman rejected the trade to come here, it took Peavy 2 times to accept it, and everyone else seems to reject any trade to come here and play for us.

I'm not buying Ozzie as the reason for players rejecting trades here, but for s***s and giggles, who do we know of that has rejected trades here since Ozzie has been manager? Larry Walker, Carlos Delgado, Jim Edmonds, Jake Peavy (you can exclude him if you want since he eventually was willing to come here), and now Lance Berkman? Who else has there been, I know I must be missing a couple.