7/11 - Royals @ Sox

Heads22

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
Or a late bloomer. Slugged over .500 in AA last year and close to .600 in about half that many abs this year.

I always defer to your statistical knowledge Qwerty, but I've seen enough of this kid to think that the light's either gone on all the sudden or he made some sort of adjustment which took him from no one to legitimate ROY candidate.

This really has been the year of the late blooming outfielder with Boesch and Colvin.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 02:44 PM)
We have traded away Richards, Ely and Gonzalez just to name three who haven't done all that bad. I hope Hudson is just experiencing nerves and will show us something in his next satrt, if he gets one

In Ely's last 7 starts his ERA is just under 7.50. I'm not saying he's going to be a total bust or anything, but his upside really is as a #4/5 or as a long man in the pen.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 12:47 PM)
This is one of the best defensive outfields in baseball we're looking at today. If Jones ever gets it together again, I'd like to see this setup more often.

A lot of folks on here were calling for him to be DFA'd before his recent little run. Still so valuable on defense.

So.....Dayan would have gotten on anyways there.....why in the hell was he swinging at that?

Home scorekeeper with the infield hit, apparently that ball he hit was on fire.

Gordon! Nice bloop!

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 02:42 PM)
Oh come on, relax. Hudson has good stuff. Making your first start of the season isn't something to just wave off. He was obviously over throwing and wasn't ocating the ball today.

This was not his first major league start.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 02:44 PM)
We have traded away Richards, Ely and Gonzalez just to name three who haven't done all that bad. I hope Hudson is just experiencing nerves and will show us something in his next satrt, if he gets one

Michael or Keith?