7/16 - Chicago vs. Twins

Heads22

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 04:21 AM)
Be nice if Rios remembered there's an opposite field.

Probably thought he was going to get a fastball on the first pitch what do you think?

Edited by elrockinMT

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 03:24 AM)
No biggie though. Liriano pitched well. I'm really really glad we won last night.

Yep, encouraged by the comeback. As you said, we need to get Rios/Konerko going again and hope Quentin returns soon.

This team is seriously incapable of winning OR losing a game to the twins in normal fashion, i.e. 5-4 no errors, no miscues on defense or the other 20-something things that happened the last two nights

They are without morneau and still have no problem scoring runs off of our staff

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 04:27 AM)
This team is seriously incapable of winning OR losing a game to the twins in normal fashion, i.e. 5-4 no errors, no miscues on defense or the other 20-something things that happened the last two nights

They are without morneau and still have no problem scoring runs off of our staff

I'll take 1-1 after our history in the twinkiedome where we stood no chance compared to the new park.

The key is splitting this series. Losing 3 of 4 would be bad; winning 3 of 4 would be incredible. A split would be fine.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)

Those runs are the result of crap defense and not the staff.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 10:43 PM)
I'll take 1-1 after our history in the twinkiedome.

The key is splitting this series. Losing 3 of 4 would be bad; winning 3 of 4 would be incredible. A split would be fine.

Agreed. A 2-2 split is good enough at this point.

That RBI double was sweet, going with the pitch again. Truthfully, I thought he might do it again in the ninth, but it was very astute pitch selection to Paulie.

I'd be disappointed if we don't play well in Game Three.

Not a good game tonight. It'd be nice to guarantee at worst a series split by winning Saturday.

Don't you agree with me that because of the loss of Peavy and lack of a good DH, this is a 3-team race all the way. The Tigers and Twins pitching also likely guarantees they won't be running away, either. All 3 teams have weaknesses that should prevent running away with it.

Konerko didn't seem comfortable all night. He was not swinging with a lot of confidence. He did a good job of just serving the double into right field, but every other pitch, it seemed like he wasn't picking the ball up.