White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:22 PM)
@JimBowdenXMFOX-

"deal not done...but all indications are that Adam Dunn is heading to the southside of Chicago....waiting on the Nationals now to close it"

"approval delay in Washington's onion layered process but looks like Dunner is heading to a pennant race"

It's a good thing I'm sitting down. If this happens, the Sox may have gave up Hudson and that other guy for Dunn?

QUOTE (G&T @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:19 PM)
Apparently Coop said on the Score that Hudson has a high maintenance delivery (or something to that effect). I did not hear him say that but Mack and Spiegal mentioned it.

I'd say that is true from what I saw of him. The first thing I noticed about Hudson last year was that he looks like he'll blow out his elbow, he puts a lot of stress on it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:12 AM)
Problem is Jackson's not a clear upgrade. If it was Oswalt, then I'd agree with you.

Agreed. If you're going to deal a high-tier pitching prospect, you need to get somebody like Oswalt or Lee in return.

Jackson may be a slight upgrade over Hudson for this year, but not enough to be the type of impact player that would help a team win a pennant. And the Sox lose several years of Hudson as a #3 or #4 for dirt-cheap.

If Kenny doesn't flip Jackson for a better player, this will go down as one of his worst trades.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:22 PM)
Chris Young?

Unless I missed something, Chris Young isn't a pitcher! Guess I should have made that part a bit more clear.

I'm just saying, we (SoxTalk armchair GMs) get so attached to prospects that may never see the light of day, that we over-value them to the point of comedy.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:25 PM)
Unless I missed something, Chris Young isn't a pitcher! Guess I should have made that part a bit more clear.

I'm just saying, we (SoxTalk armchair GMs) get so attached to prospects that may never see the light of day, that we over-value them to the point of comedy.

Isn't there a Chris Young pitcher too?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:24 PM)
I could see Kenny getting Livan/Dunn.

The Sox dont really need a pitcher long term.

If this happened then the Sox would lead all of baseball with the amount of garbage chucked up towards the plate w/ Freddy, Mark, and Livan.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:24 PM)
It's a good thing I'm sitting down. If this happens, the Sox may have gave up Hudson and that other guy for Dunn?

Thats the thing that gets me....people are fuming about losing Hudson for Jackson, who we'd control for another year+, but are all quite ok to give him up for Dunn, a 3 month strikeout machine rental...

:unsure:

Jim Bowden's talking like the Dunn deal is done.

JimBowdenXMFOX Rios, Konerko, Dunn and Quentin.....love the middle of the lineup...love the balance Dunn Brings...love the make-up he'll bring

4 minutes ago via web

Hudson wasnt going to be a 3-4 on the Sox unless Danks, Peavy, Floyd or MB are going some where. If they can keep those 4 guys, they only need to get a Freddy type player every year to complete the staff.

Hudson at 23 may never have had more value. If they can turn Jackson into a hitter/pitcher combo it should make the Sox that much better this year, while they still have the same flexibility next year.

Well, I'm not surprised that the White Sox are throwing in the towel on Hudson.

The only question is what becomes of Jackson, and who replaces him in the rotation...there has to be one of those Lilly/4th/5th starter types out on the market that KW already has put together a deal for to replace another starter.

And Ozzie has always preferred veterans down the stretch in pennant drives (with Brandon McCarthy being one of the few exceptions). I think he'd prefer Paul Byrd to Hudson.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:26 PM)
Rios, Konerko, Dunn and Quentin.....love the middle of the lineup...love the balance Dunn Brings...love the make-up he'll bring

less than a minute ago via web

Bowden

Now THAT'S a man crush. Keep it in your pants, Bowden.

JimBowdenXMFOX Rios, Konerko, Dunn and Quentin.....love the middle of the lineup...love the balance Dunn Brings...love the make-up he'll bring

4 minutes ago via web

If we can get Myers to go along with Dunn.. This will be a great day for the Sox

I love the Sox line-up

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:26 PM)

4 minutes ago via web

So we wouldn't be moving Quentin for Dunn.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:25 PM)

How many big league ready starting pitching prospects have we actually traded over the years? McCarthy? Broadway was garbage from the start. Ely was meh. We haven't exactly developed many.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:26 PM)
Thats the thing that gets me....people are fuming about losing Hudson for Jackson, who we'd control for another year+, but are all quite ok to give him up for Dunn, a 3 month strikeout machine rental...

:unsure:

Dunn is hitting in the neighborhood of .285 with a ridiculous OBP, with sickening opposite field power, and with great power in general. He's Thome on major PED's.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:27 PM)
Buzzkill: Tim Kurkjian of ESPN reporting that the Nationals told him directly they are NOT trading Dunn to the White Sox for Edwin Jackson

How can you have such contradictory tweets in a span of 5 minutes?