White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we paid a steap price. I like Jacksons potential and will root for him to kick some ass with the Sox. We are better for this year with Jackson, but obviously Jackson makes a lot of money.

I'm interested in seeing what way we go with a bat.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:11 PM)
I don't get this trade at all. Can someone explain the benefit to this trade...because I don't see it at all.

There is no benefit.

If you lose the game today because you had to throw Lucas Harrel out there, then Jackson's value to this team the rest of the way decreases even more. Jackson projects to be a guy who can give you 1.5 wins from here on out, nothing awesome.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:13 AM)
there is none

Hudson has control issues, and has never pitched in a pennant race.

Jackson's best career year was the in AL Central, and he knows most of the teams and personnel already.

The only White Sox starters (prospects) to amount to anything recently have been Richard and Gio Gonzalez, and that's going back 10 years.

Proven veteran >>> Rookie pitcher in the heat of his first pennant race

Finally, if Cooper didn't think he could work more with Jackson than Hudson, he undoubtedly would have told KW to forget it.

Makes absolutely no sense to me. I understand going after Jackson, but I do not understand trading Hudson for him. Hudson is younger, cheaper, and offers just as much upside.

I actually like Edwin Jackson, wanted us to acquire him last year before the Tigers did. But this is stupid. Yeah, yeah, yeah, coop MIGHT be able to fix him. But this season he has an ERA over 5 vs. an automatic out 3 times a game in the NL.

Getting someone like Jackson would make more sense in the offseason when you would have time to work with him. But for in the middle of a playoff run!? There's no guarantee this season Jackson would be any better than Hudson.

Just stupid if you ask me.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:13 PM)
Well, here we go again with the Cooper Will Fix Him posts.

How many reclaimation projects have Coop failed on?

I can only think of all the success he has had

the point is - having a pitcher with the right stuff and Cooper to help harness that stuff - should logically equate to good things.

It's not like the "Coop will fix him" posts are unfounded

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:16 PM)
Hudson has control issues, and has never pitched in a pennant race.

Jackson's best career year was the in AL Central, and he knows most of the teams and personnel already.

The only White Sox starters (prospects) to amount to anything recently have been Richard and Gio Gonzalez, and that's going back 10 years.

Proven veteran >>> Rookie pitcher in the heat of his first pennant race

Finally, if Cooper didn't think he could work more with Jackson than Hudson, he undoubtedly would have told KW to forget it.

Apparently Coop said on the Score that Hudson has a high maintenance delivery (or something to that effect). I did not hear him say that but Mack and Spiegal mentioned it.