White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (RudyLawRules @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:06 PM)
Exactly. Have faith in KW...people need to chill.

Sorry, but we heard this same thing during offseason relating to DH position. Also, KW's not exactly been on a role the last two years with his trades. Pretty awful if you evaluate all of them (Swisher, Vazquez, Peavy, Pena, Pierre, Teahen)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe all we got for Freddy Garcia is Flipping 6 ERA Bust Gavin Floyd!!!!!! We couldn't even get back Rowand. Worst trade ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I've seen over reactions to trades before. I'll withhold judgement. Sox will either flip him or they see something in him that they feel can improve.

Good luck Dan Hudson.

Pretty much feel the same as other do. We just traded our best pitching prospect for a guy with a 5.00 ERA in the NL West who is owed another $8 million next season. I know Cooper can do magic, and the rumor is that he likes him so he'll have to pull off a trick here.

I've loved Jackson since his rookie year with the dodgers...

I've always believed he could turn it around.

If anyone can do it - it's Coop.

The price tag for next year is high - but... If they can get Jackson to pitch like he is capable of... Then we've got an ace for .50 on a dollar.

So, even if we end up keeping him... I'm satisfied and will have faith in our coaching to turn him around... Ala:

contreras

loiza

thorton

Floyd

I'm just disapointed Jackson won't start for us tonight since it's his turn in the rotation! :)

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:09 PM)
The price tag for next year is high - but... If they can get Jackson to pitch like he is capable of... Then we've got an ace for .50 on a dollar.

We're what? The 5th organization to say this about Jackson?

QUOTE (Wedge @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:09 PM)
400k for Hudson or $8.5M for Jackson.

The funny thing is that many of the same people who worried about the games that Jenks blew, won't see the immediate value that a Jackson would win more games than Hudson in the short term.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:09 PM)
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Sox traded prospects never pan out.

Thank you. Isn't Holmberg like 18? Does he still throw 86 mph?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:10 PM)
The funny thing is that many of the same people who worried about the games that Jenks blew, won't see the immediate value that a Jackson would win more games than Hudson in the short term.

Problem is Jackson's not a clear upgrade. If it was Oswalt, then I'd agree with you.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:11 PM)
I don't get this trade at all. Can someone explain the benefit to this trade...because I don't see it at all.

I understand why they would want another starting pitcher. They really don't have a #5 right now, Garica is piling up more innings this year than the last 2 or 3 years combined, Buerhle has a recent history of poor 2nd halves, and, as good as Floyd & Danks have been, they can't continue at this pace.