White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:03 PM)
I'm sorry, but KW has no one to blame but himself if all this is true. If you're making what equates to a 3-way deal, you better make sure all teams are 100% sure.

its not true, he wanted jackson. tonight the nats still asked for way too much for dunn and KW said no

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 07:21 AM)
there is a more attractive option that is in the works. a name that nobody has rumored about. its a long shot but we are trying to make it happen. stay tuned and cross your fingers!!

i heard the same thing from crowley on twitter at 6am yesterday.

is that where you are hearing this as well - or do you have some inside info as to who it is??

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 07:24 AM)
its not true, he wanted jackson. tonight the nats still asked for way too much for dunn and KW said no

he has wanted edwin since jackson was 20 years old....

for good reason too... he is going to be a stud once coop get's a hold of him.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:26 AM)

is that where you are hearing this as well - or do you have some inside info as to who it is??

Doc has good info...certainly not Cowley.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 07:29 AM)
Doc has good info...certainly not Cowley.

Well then Doc - thanks for letting us know that this potential "mystery" trade is still in the works.

PM me with any info you can -- maybe then, i'd be able to get some sleep tonight

:gosox4:

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:26 AM)

i know who it is

That's because a 4th round pick, with a flimsy minor league track record, who walks 5 and relies on that much luck in his major league debut is not suddenly a trade chip.

Fourth round pick isn't too bad. That's a pretty high pick in baseball, ain't it?

That was a well-written sentence, though, and I'm not being sarcastic. It had a flow to it and was kind of funny with the word flimsy in it. It was well packed criticism in a free flowing format.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:32 AM)
Fourth round pick isn't too bad. That's a pretty high pick in baseball, ain't it?

That was a well-written sentence, though, and I'm not being sarcastic. It had a flow to it and was kind of funny with the word flimsy in it. It was well packed criticism in a free flowing format.

I use this board to practice beat poetry as well as for baseball discussions. I'm banging on a trash can as we speak.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:48 AM)
Well you certainly have the condescending criticism part down.

The point i'm trying to make is not to overvalue a kid like Harrell after one good start. When his minor league pedigree and in-game performace suggest that he's little more then a feel good story and organizational filler. Remember Lance Broadway? He looked pretty good too his first time out, he was a #1 pick, he had a similiar track record to Harrell . If you're not a LHP, and you walk about as many people as you k, you're not long for this world. Harrell is no exception.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:46 AM)
Long shot? What would you say...50% chance or worse? If it falls through, let's hope they settle for LaRoche and not just stay with Kotsay.

long shot, less than 50

no talks about laroche at all thus far

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 07:54 AM)
It's 1:53 AM and I've been drinking. Does somebody have the audacity to even insinuate that Lucas Harrell is a legitimate prospect?

he has those intangibles that make him a future MLBer, that Hudson lacked, who after 5 starts is clearly destined for failure.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 07:54 AM)
It's 1:53 AM and I've been drinking. Does somebody have the audacity to even insinuate that Lucas Harrell is a legitimate prospect?

I AM THE EGG MAN!!!!

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 07:58 AM)
still thinking dunn could happen

No Dayan go bye bye unless it's crazy good WOW.

On a personal note, it's clearly time for bed.... however, i doubt any rest will be had until Saturday after the game. =)

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:21 AM)
there is a more attractive option that is in the works. a name that nobody has rumored about. its a long shot but we are trying to make it happen. stay tuned and cross your fingers!!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Carlos Beltran hes probably has about 8mil remaining this year and 18.5M next. the mets are 6.5 out of the WC and 7.5 out of the East.