White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:41 PM)
I sure hope he wasn't the WOW player...

Cowley said the "wow" player wasn't one of the most mentioned names, and specifically ruled Berkman out. It's Cowley, and there's a good chance that he's talking out his butt to some degree, but his "wow" guy wasn't Berkman.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 06:29 PM)
Well, if I wanted to win a ring, I'd definitely pick the Yanks over us. They have to be the huge favorites. I guess it depends on what his motivation is.

Plus, I heard Berkman is close friends with Andy Pettite.

Heard this on Boers/Bernstein and they thought it be might be Carl Crawford coming here with Dunn going to the Rays in a 3 way. Take it for what it's worth but Crawford would fit Ozzie's ideal ballplayer.

Edited by Allsox

QUOTE (Allsox @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:49 AM)
Heard this on Boers/Bernstein and they thought it be might be Carl Crawford coming here with Dunn going to the Rays in a 3 way. Take it for what it's worth but Crawford would fit Ozzie's ideal ballplayer.

No, it was just an idea that someone suggested to them. No source, and not a real rumor at all.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 06:46 PM)
Cowley said the "wow" player wasn't one of the most mentioned names, and specifically ruled Berkman out. It's Cowley, and there's a good chance that he's talking out his butt to some degree, but his "wow" guy wasn't Berkman.

My guess is this "WOW" guy is Ichiro. I wouldn't necessarily like it because I would like Ichiro to single handedly beat the Twins this weekend. Maybe Ichiro can beat the Twins in tonights game and then join us tomorrow. That'll work.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)
My guess is this "WOW" guy is Ichiro. I wouldn't necessarily like it because I would like Ichiro to single handedly beat the Twins this weekend. Maybe Ichiro can beat the Twins in tonights game and then join us tomorrow. That'll work.

Yeah, he is the player I think would fit the bill the best...

Makes $17 million though over the next two years, 5 million deferred annually.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:54 PM)
Yeah, he is the player I think would fit the bill the best...

Makes $17 million though over the next two years, 5 million deferred annually.

I am an unabashed, completely biased fan of Ichiro and I would buy an Ichiro jersey the MOMENT the trade was announced. That said, if his cost was prohibitive, we could EASILY flip him again this offseason, no question.

God, if ONLY it was Ichiro....

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 07:57 PM)
I am an unabashed, completely biased fan of Ichiro and I would buy an Ichiro jersey the MOMENT the trade was announced. That said, if his cost was prohibitive, we could EASILY flip him again this offseason, no question.

Pretty much this, except T-shirt jersey because I'm cheap.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 04:57 PM)

I don't see the Mariners dealing Ichiro. That would be like us dealing Frank 7 or 8 years ago. Crawford sounds much more likely.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 07:14 PM)
Two things; 1) who are some new GMs that have came into baseball the last year or so? That may give us insight in to who the surprise player may be. 2) I have a feeling, Harrell would be part of a Dunn deal. I think the Nats wanted to see him in the bigs to see what he has.

Harrell is a nothing.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:14 PM)
Two things; 1) who are some new GMs that have came into baseball the last year or so? That may give us insight in to who the surprise player may be. 2) I have a feeling, Harrell would be part of a Dunn deal. I think the Nats wanted to see him in the bigs to see what he has.

I have a feeling that Harrell was just the best option for us at the moment. People were saying Harrell would be called up if Huddy was traded WAAAAY before the trade went down because he was the only AAA pitcher that made sense for this timeline.

Edited by ScottyDo

Buster Olney Buster_ESPN

Heard this:Other teams say that in recent weeks,the Nationals had told other teams that a key piece to anyone who wanted Adam (more)#trades

Buster Olney Buster_ESPN

Dunn was Edwin Jackson. This caused a number of teams to try to pry Jackson away from the D-Backs, with the White Sox (more)#trades 3 minutes ago via web

Buster Olney Buster_ESPN

finally landing Jackson today--and as of 7 p.m. Eastern, the Nats are indicating they're not sure if they want Jackson anymore.(more)#trades

Buster Olney Buster_ESPN

So as of tonight, teams are pulling their hair out over the Nats' machinations. We'll see if the White Sox can finish a Dunn deal.#trades 1 minute ago via web

home from work, dont want to read 99 pages....can someone summarize the boards general feeling on this deal? personally, if it is what it takes to get dunn i am fine with it. but trading for him and to pay that much money for a 5th starter seems crazy when we could of gotten lilly instead.