White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 06:11 PM)
Don't know if it was stated on here, but the Myers stuff was supposedly BS.

Yeah, I heard Cowley say that.

Still wonder why KW would have hesitated on Jackson though unless there was another pitcher to get -

or unless he thought he needed Hudson for the other deal.

The Myers/Berkman thing just kind of seems to fit nicely - doesn't mean it wasn't BS though.

QUOTE (wsgdf_2 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 06:14 PM)
Yeah, I heard Cowley say that.

Still wonder why KW would have hesitated on Jackson though unless there was another pitcher to get -

or unless he thought he needed Hudson for the other deal.

The Myers/Berkman thing just kind of seems to fit nicely - doesn't mean it wasn't BS though.

He might have hesitated because Hudson might have been part of another deal. I'm glad the wife beater isn't going to be a White Sox.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:20 PM)
And I'm also thankful someone else reported the story on here about how Ozzie wants a roster full of guys that can't hit home runs, and in his ideal lineup, Pierre would bat 4th.

I don't believe that for a second.

Ozzie wasn't being sarcastic there - no way. =P

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:26 AM)
lol@Ozzie the GM. He'd piece together an offense that would make this year's Mariners look like the '99 Indians.

For those that are just viewing this thread, it's being reported that Berkman declined a deal to come to Sox.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 06:27 PM)
Nightendale reports Berkman exercised his no-trade rights for a possible trade to the White Sox.

These guys are still bitter about 2005.

Well, if I wanted to win a ring, I'd definitely pick the Yanks over us. They have to be the huge favorites. I guess it depends on what his motivation is.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:29 PM)
Well, if I wanted to win a ring, I'd definitely pick the Yanks over us. They have to be the huge favorites. I guess it depends on what his motivation is.

Berkman wants his ring this year and then just head back to play for Houston

Has KW said how he's planning to pay for that top-heavy rotation and not bankrupt the rest of the roster at C, 1B, DH, etc.?

Didn't we already go with this kind of a rotation only in 2006, only to realize in the end it was too expensive to maintain...with Contreras, Garland and Javy making too much money at the back end?

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 06:36 PM)
I see the moron who is Phil Rogers is at it again. Basically says that letting go of Hudson is akin to losing Jared Weaver.

Hyperbole abounds on days like this.

I remember the time we traded for Damaso Marte, the Pirates' GM at the time compared him to a "young Greg Maddux" and most of the White Sox fanbase was furious, thinking they could have waited and gotten Marte on a roster claim when he was DFA'ed, as the Pirates had two other young lefties at the time, I think one was Beimel.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:38 PM)
Brewers are done, Rosenthal reports. No Prince for us. (should we take this to the trade winds forum?)

Eh - this stuff just blends into one at about this stage of the game.