White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:41 PM)
It might not shock people, but it would make you say WOW....I don't know how you wouldn't say WOW if suddenly Matt Kemp was our starting RF...

I would, just sounds like Cowley's saying it would blow people's minds, a la a major name.

Edited by JPN366

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:39 PM)
I don't think he fits the "shocker" and "immediately considerably better" tags though though he's been better lately.

Are you kidding me?

Putting Kemp in RF and hitting Q DH would not make us better?

Did you guys see what Kemp did last year?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:44 PM)
Wow, I guess we have different opinions....maybe I play too much fantasy baseball...

That's just my interpretation of what he said, I have no idea of course.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:42 PM)
Are you kidding me?

Putting Kemp in RF and hitting Q DH would not make us better?

Did you guys see what Kemp did last year?

Ya, he'd be an upgrade. I don't really care what he did last year, he's been disappointing this yr. Would I love to have him? Absolutely. But I don't think that's what Cowley was referring to.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:46 PM)
That's just my interpretation of what he said, I have no idea of course.

I agree with you about Cowley's wording, he made it sound like it would be a name casual fans would be familiar with, I would be over the moon for Kemp, but Manny would "shock" people more

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:47 PM)
Ya, he'd be an upgrade. I don't really care what he did last year, he's been disappointing this yr. Would I love to have him? Absolutely. But I don't think that's what Cowley was referring to.

Ahh, I see....well, I guess it is all up for interpretation....it sounded like it would be a guy that is not exactly performing up to par to me though....because Cowley seemed to hesitate when describing the possible addition as not necessarily a huge producer, but more of a WOW, what is this?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:49 PM)
Ahh, I see....well, I guess it is all up for interpretation....it sounded like it would be a guy that is not exactly performing up to par to me though....because Cowley seemed to hesitate when describing the possible addition as not necessarily a huge producer, but more of a WOW, what is this?

did Cowley seem like he knew the name or is he just hearing this from his sources without names attached?

because with Berkman seemingly done to NYY, KW might be leaking stuff so Nats don't think it's Dunn or bust, wouldn't be shocked if we hear a few more names attached to the Sox tossed around tonight.

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)
did Cowley seem like he knew the name or is he just hearing this from his sources without names attached?

He claims he doesn't know the name...but the way it was described to him was someone that would make you say Wow...not necessarily in an immediately overly positive way, but more of a holy s***, I can't believe we got that player type of way...

That was just my impression of course.

because with Berkman seemingly done to NYY, KW might be leaking stuff so Nats don't think it's Dunn or bust, wouldn't be shocked if we hear a few more names attached to the Sox tossed around tonight.

In the morning he specifically said 'if i knew names I'd post them' or something along those lines.

Hard to tell, but I get the feeling he didn't know any specific names. And technically, he IS a source. He's there at the stadium and with the team every single day. He knows as much about the goings on in the organization as anyone. As much of a douche as he is, he knows what he's talking about.