White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:34 PM)
A world shocker that hasn't been mentioned doesn't come to mind. If it's a lefty power bat, I'm at a loss for whom it may be.

it could also be a RHB with decent splits, Kotsay is terrible, like 74 ops+ terrible, so if the guy is right handed but good, it's an upgrade

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:33 PM)
Love to listen to him talk about football. Very knowledgeable.

Hate to listen to him talk about baseball. Completely clueless but acts like he knows what he's talking about.

He's been like this since he first started. He might be the most arrogant person I have ever listened to on the radio.

As for the "wow" player, I have to agree with IceCreamPants (aka SHIPPS) suggestion the other day in Ichiro. That one actually seems possible and WOW! to me....

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:36 PM)
Has Cowley confirmed Kenny still working on this 'big' deal? I can't imagine this deal being Dunn (done?) lol.

people were saying he was on the Score about 1/2 hour ago saying yes, he's still working on it and his twitter said don't confuse silence with inactivity

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:36 PM)
it could also be a RHB with decent splits, Kotsay is terrible, like 74 ops+ terrible, so if the guy is right handed but good, it's an upgrade

Who's a power hitter with a shaky future contract situation that nobody has brought up in trade talks?

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:37 PM)
The Dodgers reportedly had issues with Kemp's attitude earlier in the year. I see the Dodgers moving him before Ethier.

I don't think Kemp would really shock anybody. I'd be all for Ian Stewart though.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:37 PM)
Who's a power hitter with a shaky future contract situation that nobody has brought up in trade talks?

Manny, not saying I think it would be a great move, but RH and would cause a media stir

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:38 PM)
I don't think Kemp would really shock anybody. I'd be all for Ian Stewart though.

It might not shock people, but it would make you say WOW....I don't know how you wouldn't say WOW if suddenly Matt Kemp was our starting RF...

I'll finally give you guys the low down.

The trade which will potentially shock the world IS....

Drum roll please.....

scroll down.

Actually not a trade at all.

They are hoping to sign Free Agent, Trevor Caesar.

----

That would be me.

Kenny has been blowing up my phone pleading for me to come on board for 10 Million over the rest of this year... but I don't know... seems like they can offer more.

I have a career batting average over .500