White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:20 PM)
Ethier and TCQ on the same team would be insane. We'd bludgeon teams to death.

And their horrible defense would give away a lot of runs away.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 04:53 PM)
I wonder if KW even checks with Oz or Jerry before making trades or if it's all on him.

Probably all on him.

No, he has to check to make sure Jerry will sign off on adding new salary. I don't think he asks Ozzie at all anymore.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:53 PM)
I wonder if KW even checks with Oz or Jerry before making trades or if it's all on him.

Probably all on him.

Absolutely not. He goes to Ozzie and KW with every single move.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:55 PM)
Holy s***! Ethier has been hot garbage since he came back from the DL on May 31: .234/.295/.365/.661. Mark Kotsay is even laughing.

Ethier's WAR: 0.7

Ethier's UZR: -16.3

He's not much better than Carlos.

Yankees got Astros to send money back and won't be sending any good prospects. Berkman could have been had for NOTHING. Kenny better be working on something BIG.

Olney:

Heard this: The Astros are picking up a lot of the money owed to Lance Berkman in their agreement with the Yankees, and the NYY#trades Yankees won't be giving up any major prospects.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 06:03 PM)
Yankees got Astros to send money back and won't be sending any good prospects. Berkman could have been had for NOTHING. Kenny better be working on something BIG.

Olney:

Heard this: The Astros are picking up a lot of the money owed to Lance Berkman in their agreement with the Yankees, and the NYY#trades Yankees won't be giving up any major prospects.

That stings. You've got to wonder how that happens when the Nats are asking for multiple prospects.

Unless it turns out they're not major Yanks prospects but still equivalent or better than what Sox could give up.

Olney:

Berkman was able to decide where he wanted to go. He might not have wanted to go to us.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)
Hard to tell, but I get the feeling he didn't know any specific names. And technically, he IS a source. He's there at the stadium and with the team every single day. He knows as much about the goings on in the organization as anyone. As much of a douche as he is, he knows what he's talking about.

He wasn't at the park the last few days. His tweets were all a bunch of BS. He was late to the Jackson party then said KW is working on something that would call the Jackson trade off. Then 17 minutes later said they both could happen. All after writing an article stating how KW loves to work with misinformation in the air. He's full of it this time. There was nothing that any one of the posters on this board couldn't have posted. We all know KW is trying to hit a home run.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 06:06 PM)
OK, I had no access to Soxtalk all day, and now I see that this trade is official.

Any actual news suggesting that where/for what Jackson would be flipped?

As of right now it looks like he is staying.

Olney:

That's really too bad...I would have loved Berkman on the cheap. Like you said, we just got to hope KW is working on something big. I just hope he can find a way to get us a nice bat without giving up Viciedo.

Olney:

we have to add another bat, or else Kenny would have gotten Laroche. The CSN beat reporter said coop was jumping up and down knowing he knew how to fix EJax.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 06:07 PM)
Berkman was able to decide where he wanted to go. He might not have wanted to go to us.

Good point. Makes me wonder what was going on this morning. Could be Berkman/Myers was a real thing that was shot down by Berkman.

Really crazy and interesting stuff we might never find out.

The fact that the Berkman deal went down shortly after Jackson leads me to believe they were somehow intertwined.