White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:35 AM)
Wow, I absolutely hate this trade. Why the f*** wouldn't we just stick with Hudson? Jackson hasn't been much better this year.

I'm not one that is opposed to trading prospects at all and let me say, I hate the idea of this trade as well! This guy is a .500 pitcher who walks a ton of guys. Plus, he's going to make nearly $9M next season that the Sox will be responsible for. Can't they get that same production out of Hudson for the league minimum? Plus, they are trading their biggest, most attractive trade bait in Hudson. I really, really don't get it. I think it is Kenny Williams making a deal just to make a deal.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:35 AM)
Wow, I absolutely hate this trade. Why the f*** wouldn't we just stick with Hudson? Jackson hasn't been much better this year.

KW wants pitching depth and feels Jackson has great stuff. His numbers aren't the greatest but last year in Detroit he was pretty damn good. I think a change of scenary would do him good.

Look for KW to go get fat elvis soon after! (Berkman)

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:39 AM)
KW wants pitching depth and feels Jackson has great stuff. His numbers aren't the greatest but last year in Detroit he was pretty damn good. I think a change of scenary would do him good.

Look for KW to go get fat elvis soon after! (Berkman)

That's fine and all, but this isn't a move you make in the middle of a f***ing division race. Seriously. Hudson and Jackson are pretty much a wash, except one is under our control for a lot longer and a lot cheaper!

He better be moved elsewhere.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)
Looks like this thing is happening:

BNightengale

#mlob #whitesox #diamondbacks Club officials from the Sox and D-backs are confirming they are close to a deal, sending Edwin Jackson to Sox 4 minutes ago via web

Wow. If the Sox end up keeping Jackson, this will have been the first trade KW has made that I've absolutely HATED.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)
Looks like this thing is happening:

BNightengale

#mlob #whitesox #diamondbacks Club officials from the Sox and D-backs are confirming they are close to a deal, sending Edwin Jackson to Sox 4 minutes ago via web

I Like it, KW does this every year builds up a young pitcher and makes him hard to get and then trades him to another team and they have mediocre careers he has done it multiple times before. KW has said before he makes any trades he cecks with his coaches. He prob asked Coop what he thought And all it took was one look at Coop licking his chops. I think we owe KW and his scouts the benefit of the doubt. As well as the benefit to carry out the rest of his plan.

QUOTE (kane0730 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:42 AM)
Wow. If the Sox end up keeping Jackson, this will have been the first trade KW has made that I've absolutely HATED.

For real. I literally could not come up with a trade that makes less sense.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:40 AM)
That's fine and all, but this isn't a move you make in the middle of a f***ing division race. Seriously. Hudson and Jackson are pretty much a wash, except one is under our control for a lot longer and a lot cheaper!

He better be moved elsewhere.

He can also flip Jackson to Washington straight up for Dunn. However, then you have a HUGE hole at the 5th starting spot. Honestly, I would much rather keep Jackson and go get a different bat. Jackson has playoff experience and is proven in the A.L. I think KW is worried about relying on Hudson during the playoff stretch which makes sense. I think Jackson will succeed with us.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:39 AM)

His peripherals weren't that good in Detroit either, he pulled off a .278 BABIP, 30 points lower than the career .309 mark against him, to pull that off.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 03:44 PM)
He can also flip Jackson to Washington straight up for Dunn. However, then you have a HUGE hole at the 5th starting spot. Honestly, I would much rather keep Jackson and go get a different bat. Jackson has playoff experience and is proven in the A.L. I think KW is worried about relying on Hudson during the playoff stretch which makes sense. I think Jackson will succeed with us.

He's proven what? That he's an extremely mediocre A.L. pitcher? Yeah, I'll pass on that.