White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 12:33 PM)
With the earlier reports saying Rays and Yankees not on Manny one has to be an NL team.

I hope we get him. :pray

it doesn't mean they didn't claim him, it could mean they put a claim in on him but heard that someone with a superior claim had rights

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 12:33 PM)
HeYmen said by 1230

Nah, its 12:33, we probably won't know anything official till the weekend or possibly till Monday or Tuesday, I thought.

How was it with Rios last year? First it was a a team claimed him, then it came out it was the White Sox, not sure how long it took.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 12:35 PM)
Nah, its 12:33, we probably won't know anything official till the weekend or possibly till Monday or Tuesday, I thought.

How was it with Rios last year? First it was a a team claimed him, then it came out it was the White Sox, not sure how long it took.

I think there will be leaks before then, ie who has the superior claim

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 12:33 PM)
If we don't get him is there anyone else out there we could get? This would be a bummer.

A couple guys already cleared waivers (LaRoche for one), but I would imagine KW would have made a claim on someone like that if he was interested. I don't know. It could be another huge letdown.

ROSENTHAL

#Dodgers 5 back in WC race; might have prompted claim, or claims. Teams daring Ned Colletti to give up Manny while in race. #WhiteSox #MLB half a minute ago via web

Is he saying NL rivals might have put in a claim just to 'weaken' the Dodgers?

Edited by justBLAZE

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 12:35 PM)

I thought it was confirmed that it was the Sox rather quickly. The acquisition happened about 2 days later.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 12:36 PM)
l

#Dodgers 5 back in WC race; might have prompted claim, or claims. Teams daring Ned Colletti to give up Manny while in race. #WhiteSox #MLB half a minute ago via web

That doesn't make sense. If an NL team claimed him, then they wouldn't get rid of him, if the wanted him to get traded nobody should have put in a claim.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 12:39 PM)
kennys quotes said what I knew already the most obvious names is not who sox are not going to get. I dont know who kenny has his eyes on but he seemed sure confident he was going get something done

I feel like we've heard that before.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 12:40 PM)
Forgive my waiver incompetence, but if an NL team claimed Manny, the Dodgers have to deal with them only, right? Well, deal or no deal.

yes, or they can just walk away and the team takes his full contract like Sox with Rios last year or LAD can pull him back and keep him and then he's off the market

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 12:40 PM)
Forgive my waiver incompetence, but if an NL team claimed Manny, the Dodgers have to deal with them only, right? Well, deal or no deal.

Yup. And in this case, he can be put on waivers again, but he would have to get dealt if he was put on again.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 12:41 PM)
Yup. And in this case, he can be put on waivers again, but he would have to get dealt if he was put on again.

What if he used his NTC second time around?

Of course he can use it the first time around and won't get put on waivers again this season.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 12:43 PM)
What if he used his NTC second time around?

Of course he can use it the first time around and won't get put on waivers again this season.

Not sure about that actually.