Game Thread: White Sox (61-46) @ Detroit (53-54) 12:05 CDT

Since I plan on sleeping in late tomorrow, I'm posting the game thread right now. :D

Lets win this thing!!!

White Sox vs. Detroit at 12:05pm CDT, Garcia takes his mystifying junkballs up against the wildness of Scherzer,... who will win???

The Sox are now 29 wins away from 90, lets get win # 62! :headbang

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 01:40 AM)
Viciedo will probably play today at 3B. Vizquel likely the day off.

Not so sure of that. Schwerzer is pitching well of late,has a crackling fastball,and Ozzie will want a lefty bat in there.

Good news? It is Ramon time....he will drop the head on that ball and hit it hard,I predict. The Guy has been unconscious.

Big Game Freddie needs to find a way....no party with Miggy last nite,right?

QUOTE (Hawk09 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 07:12 AM)
Not so sure of that. Schwerzer is pitching well of late,has a crackling fastball,and Ozzie will want a lefty bat in there.

Good news? It is Ramon time....he will drop the head on that ball and hit it hard,I predict. The Guy has been unconscious.

Big Game Freddie needs to find a way....no party with Miggy last nite,right?

Ramon who?

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 07:18 AM)
Ramon who?

You know, our .400 hitting over the last 16 game backup catcher who is Freddys personal catcher, Ramon Castro.

Ramon has been unbelievable at the plate since May.

QUOTE (Hawk09 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 07:44 AM)
You know, our .400 hitting over the last 16 game backup catcher who is Freddys personal catcher, Ramon Castro.

Ramon has been unbelievable at the plate since May.

Oh yeah. I agree. I was confused...I thought you were still referring to a left-handed bat.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 08:37 AM)
Wow. What the f*** is with this Kotsay obsession????

seriously ozzie.....at least compromise with us.....if he's gonna be the lineup, let me see him at 8 or 9 just for my own sanity

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 08:39 AM)
seriously ozzie.....at least compromise with us.....if he's gonna be the lineup, let me see him at 8 or 9 just for my own sanity

There is no excuse for Kotsay to be in the lineup day in and day out. He is one of the worst regulars we have had on this team in a while. Its like we took Brian Anderson and made him a DH. The lack of use of Viciedo scares me a bit, with Teahan coming back I hope a pretty promising hitters isn't going to be sent down so a boat anchor can be kept on the roster to DH. The rotating DH is a failure. This needs to be addressed before the season ends. We can't rock Kotsay in as the 5 hole hitter and DH in the playoffs when every AB becomes important. I dont care how hard he grounds out to the 2nd baseman, I don't care what type of happy clown he is in the dugout. Another example of how Kenny has to spend more time Ozzie proofing the lineup. Remember this is the same man who wanted to start Jerry Owens over Quentin. Only injury saved us from that mess.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 08:37 AM)
Wow. What the f*** is with this Kotsay obsession????

I have a feeling Kotsay is going to do something HUGE either to help us clinch the division or something important in the playoffs. That usually happens where there is a lot of hatred toward a player on a successful team.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 09:00 AM)
He was all but gone from my memory until right now.

Hah, me too, thanks SSI71 (you buzzard).

Now, I'll see your Jerry Owens and raise you an Andy Gonzales.

ps. I think its funny how Stoney keeps going with Kotsay alot lately as his PTC. You know he doesn't believe it, but its like some wry, winking form of sarcasm. I really like Steve Stone (and really don't like Mark Kotsay).

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 09:06 AM)
I have a feeling Kotsay is going to do something HUGE either to help us clinch the division or something important in the playoffs. That usually happens where there is a lot of hatred toward a player on a successful team.

It would have been nicer to have Thome or someone more capable help give us a bigger lead in the standings so that we wouldn't have to wait for some miracle at bat from this scrub.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 09:06 AM)

He could, but odds are very high he won't because he sucks at baseball and belongs in the minor leagues.

As for the lineup today, I told you guys Monday that it was a lock Kotsay would start all 4 of these games, this shouldn't be a surprise. He's such a stud against right handed pitching after all.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 10:29 AM)
As for the lineup today, I told you guys Monday that it was a lock Kotsay would start all 4 of these games, this shouldn't be a surprise. He's such a stud against right handed pitching after all.

He has hits this series. Hits! Plural!