• Hawk and DJ
    • Hawk and Black Jack
    • Hawk and the Hawk Harrelson Soundboard
    • A booth without Hawk
  2. 2. Would you Support a 3 Man Booth?

• Yes; Hawk, Stone, and Frank
    • Yes; Different Trio
    • No, it gets too cluttered.

No doubt about it, my favorite is Frank & Hawk, though I think he would benefit from a 3 man booth with him, Hawk, and Wimpy.

Edit: If not for the awkward hilarity of DJ & Farmer, I'd be all for bringing DJ back to the TV booth. He always got excited with Hawk.

Edited by Quinarvy

I love Frank, but he is horrible as a commentator. With Hawk and Stone, you get a perfect balance of homerism and mild objectivity. Perfect match of hitting and pitching philosophies. And perfect combination of loud and boisterous (when things go bad) crazy guy with the subdued and soft, sane guy.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)
I love Frank, but he is horrible as a commentator. With Hawk and Stone, you get a perfect balance of homerism and mild objectivity. Perfect match of hitting and pitching philosophies. And perfect combination of loud and boisterous (when things go bad) crazy guy with the subdued and soft, sane guy.

Hawk and Wimpy was a great match for a long time as well.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 03:21 PM)
No doubt about it, my favorite is Frank & Hawk, though I think he would benefit from a 3 man booth with him, Hawk, and Wimpy.

Edit: If not for the awkward hilarity of DJ & Farmer, I'd be all for bringing DJ back to the TV booth. He always got excited with Hawk.

Frank Thomas is brutal. The only thing he has done so far, is a good job of parrotting Hawk which isnt a good thing.

I would rather no Hawk, no Thomas and pair up Stone with a competant guy instead of the homer parade. So f***ing sick and tired of hearing stretch, get on back there. When the outfielder doesnt even have to move because its just a fly ball. The last good announcer we had was Rooney.

Rooney + Stone would be pretty goodl. Rooney could do the play by play and Stone could provide the color and the analysis. That would be decent.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 05:13 PM)
The only thing worse than Joe West was hearing the non-stop complaining by Hawk and Frank about him today.

The thing they did that I really liked was the double-screen call comparisons. Instead of just ranting, they actually backed it up.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:13 PM)
The only thing worse than Joe West was hearing the non-stop complaining by Hawk and Frank about him today.

That was the worst announced game I have heard this year. It was truly, truly terrible. And I completely agree. I watched the game with my cousin, and I think I said "I hate Hawk" or a variation of it about 50 times.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)
Hawk will never go away. But, I've had it with his "stretch, stretch!" call on every fly ball. That and his constant complaining. It has gotten very old this season.

I absolutely love Hawk and his homerism but I agree he overplays some of his catch-phrases. I've noticed recently he's using his "don't stop now, boys" multiple times an INNING. Come on, man. Everything in moderation.