White Sox vs. Orioles, 7:10pm, WCIU

Greg Hibbard

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 07:42 PM)
Hell of a prediction, only issue would be that there's no outfield spots open unless Quentin is traded or gets moved to DH. I would say that even if we don't get Manny now, it wouldn't shock me if he's our DH next year.

He sure as s*** better be our DH next season. If Quentin is not our DH, then he better be on a different team. I've been crossing my fingers that we would have enough money to get Carl Crawford to take Quentin's spot in the OF, but at this point, I'd take Beltran or someone who plays solid D out there and has an above average stick.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 07:54 PM)
Not a chance in hell the Sox can afford Crawford next season. For as much money as he'll receive, I'm not too upset about that.

Does anybody really know what this team can and can't afford anymore? I used to think DA was just a hater. But I still can't believe the Jackson trade.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 07:54 PM)
Not a chance in hell the Sox can afford Crawford next season. For as much money as he'll receive, I'm not too upset about that.

I like him as a player, but he's going to be overpaid.

And interesting reclamation project may be none other than Curtis Granderson.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 01:57 AM)
Does anybody really know what this team can and can't afford anymore? I used to think DA was just a hater. But I still can't believe the Jackson trade.

It's one thing about bringing in guys with set contracts. However, next time we get into a bidding war for a high-priced FA and win will be the first in a very long time (PK doesn't count)

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 08:02 PM)
Rios shaking his wrist after that swing. Wouldn't shock me if he's really banged up, as he just cannot hit the ball with authority anymore.

His legs have been bothering him quite a bit. Once those go, your back is sure to be next.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)
Jeez. This Matusz fellow has been really tough on us this year.

He's going to be a stud. If i knew with reasonable certainty that Danks wasn't going to sign a long-tem contract with us, and the O's said they'd deal Matusz for Danks, I'd do it in a second.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 09:21 PM)
Have to believe he's given his blessing if they're talking players.

BNightengale

#mlb #whitesox #dodgers Manny Ramirez has let it be known through friends that, if presented, he would accept a trade to the White Sox.