Sox @ Indians

Heads22

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 02:20 AM)
Our efforts against our division and s***ty teams in general have handicapped us going down the stretch. Good teams don't consistantly f*** up like this against inferior talent. There are only so many crappy teams you can make into world beaters by kicking the ball around and pitching like you suck. For all those who are saying the sox are gassed. Well its their own damn fault. The only reason they needed that run was because of how horrible they started the season. Play 500 ball in April and May and beat some of these crappy teams and we are printing tickets for the playoffs.

Its our own damn fault.

If Lillibridge didn't suck defensively, then Jenks wouldn't have had to go 2 innings. Lillibridge is just a terrible defensive player. Way to go Jenks!

QUOTE (WinorDie88 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 02:21 AM)
What excuse is Jenks going to make now? This is a wretched performance for a closer at this point in the season.

Hey, he can still throw 100 mph and has a good curve...he's just a pitcher, not a thrower now. I'll give him this, no one makes a 3 run lead seem smaller than him.

as mad as i am at ozzie right now, you have to seriously wonder who he's supposed to go to in the bullpen.

Sale is fine

Jenks is overworked

Linebrink sucks

Pena blows

Santos is out of gas

Who do you have left... Carlos Torres and Lucas Harrell.

Does this seem like a playoff caliber bullpen? 4 rookies, 1 over-the-hill reliever, 1 never has been and an inconsistent closer?

I hope the Sox pull the rabbit out of the hat, but if they don't it all comes down to 2 reasons.

1) DH by committee push by Ozzie

2) Kenny's inability to bring in a bullpen arm.

I want to know why Guillen insists on leaving Jenks out there when he either doesn't have it or have anything left. What is he trying to prove?

I understand, but... do we really want Linebrink out to try and close?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:22 AM)
If Lillibridge didn't suck defensively, then Jenks wouldn't have had to go 2 innings. Lillibridge is just a terrible defensive player. Way to go Jenks!

so if Beckham is out for a while, do you put Teahan at 3B and Vizquel at 2B?