Sox @ Indians

Heads22

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rafacosta @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)
please...no more Teahen on 3rd base!

Oh I don't know about that. It brings back memories when the organization thought Fields could play 3rd base. It goes to show when Kenny acquires a player, defense is the least of priorities.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 01:14 PM)
That will be a good learning experience for Sale. I am not sure what happens to him sometimes with his wildness, however, as sometimes it seems as if he has no clue. But then he finds the slot again and is excellent....

Not exactly the learning experience you want to give a kid who has very little pro ball experience. This kid might be more helpful in 2011 as a closer than a starter.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
Not exactly the learning experience you want to give a kid who has very little pro ball experience. This kid might be more helpful in 2011 as a closer than a starter.

It depends on how he does in spring. If his stuff translates as a starter (and it should, his changeup will come into play more often), he should be given a shot in spring. The offseason will probably decide his role. If a current starter gets dealt or if Peavy isn't ready for the start of the year then Sale should be a starter. The thing is, if you make him a reliever he won't be able to replace an injured starter. Which spot has more value?

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 02:31 PM)
It depends on how he does in spring. If his stuff translates as a starter (and it should, his changeup will come into play more often), he should be given a shot in spring. The offseason will probably decide his role. If a current starter gets dealt or if Peavy isn't ready for the start of the year then Sale should be a starter. The thing is, if you make him a reliever he won't be able to replace an injured starter. Which spot has more value?

I think you make him a starter. Peavy will more than likely get hurt again, even if he's ready at the start of the year. It is just inevitable. It would be nice to have a guy like Sale to throw into that spot.

QUOTE (CQMVP @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 02:37 PM)
I think you make him a starter. Peavy will more than likely get hurt again, even if he's ready at the start of the year. It is just inevitable. It would be nice to have a guy like Sale to throw into that spot.

I agree. You obviously want Sale as a starter in the long run, might as well prep him for that spot instead of giving him the Brandon McCarthy treatment.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 07:23 PM)
Paul hits a HR here and Manny gets credit for protecting him in the on deck circle haha.

Great post. Danman with the call before it happened.

I love those in the threads the last two nights who have given Paulie and AJ their props for actually being the ones, to you know, hit it out of the park.

Great win, kudos to Paulie, Sale, Rios, etc. I'm not going to go overboard and credit Manny for Paulie's and AJ's homers. A lot of people thought AJ would hit into a DP and Paulie is simply an MVP candidate, baby!

Go Soxxxx!! Keep winnin.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)

I love those in the threads the last two nights who have given Paulie and AJ their props for actually being the ones, to you know, hit it out of the park.

Great win, kudos to Paulie, Sale, Rios, etc. I'm not going to go overboard and credit Manny for Paulie's and AJ's homers. A lot of people thought AJ would hit into a DP and Paulie is simply an MVP candidate, baby!

Go Soxxxx!! Keep winnin.

That's because Manny is a bum.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)

Go Soxxxx!! Keep winnin.

I said it both times and both times I was clearly joking, don't think having Manny behind doesn't help Paul getting more hittable pitches tho..

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 09:02 PM)
I said it both times and both times I was clearly joking, don't think having Manny behind doesn't help Paul getting more hittable pitches tho..

I know. I didn't mean you.

I thought AJ especially got overlooked for his bomb. Manny didn't hit either one.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
Yep. Andruw Jones, Omar Vizquel, Alex Rios, ect.

Yeah I was going to say, apparently kitekrazy missed the 2010 season thus far. This team is above average defensively as a whole for the year, and is far better on defense than teams in previous years. TCQ is a liability and Teahen is when he plays third (which has been rarely), but the rest of the field is pretty damn good.

That's because Manny is a bum.

You guys mock me for blasting Manny, but that is the perception. I just heard Jayson Stark driving to work on national radio tonight and he said he couldn't understand how fans embrace this guy. He said it was a disgrace how he behaved in quitting on the Dodgers. Said nobody knows if he's a good hitter or not cause he has not played much this year and frankly didn't want to play.

This guy was getting worked up and said he hated players who disrespect the game, like Manny. He said, "How hard is it to put winning above your own personal interests. It's only about Manny."

I'm not the only person who thinks Manny is a rotten egg.

Edited by greg775