Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 11:03 PM)
Decided to watch a full impact tonight and holy crap is that product awful.

A lot of it is, but there are bright moments in the muck.

Daniels and Kaz, Eric Young, Gail Kim (although I wish they hadn't saddled her with that Beyonce Monster), the Joseph Park/Abyss thing, Austin Aries and Bobby Roode.

Also, they seem (for now) to be doing the "take the title and leave the company" angle more properly with AJ Styles than WWE and CM Punk did.

I never thought I'd say this, but Jeff Jarrett's backstage involvement has been an improvement.

Hogan and Bischoff being gone is a HUGE plus for TNA. They still need better writers and a more focused direction, but I am a little more optimistic about TNA than I was even two or three months ago.

Dixie Carter needs to never be on camera again, though. I thought she had briefly made slight improvements, but she has regressed back to completely unwatchable.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 04:46 AM)
A lot of it is, but there are bright moments in the muck.

Daniels and Kaz, Eric Young, Gail Kim (although I wish they hadn't saddled her with that Beyonce Monster), the Joseph Park/Abyss thing, Austin Aries and Bobby Roode.

Also, they seem (for now) to be doing the "take the title and leave the company" angle more properly with AJ Styles than WWE and CM Punk did.

I never thought I'd say this, but Jeff Jarrett's backstage involvement has been an improvement.

Hogan and Bischoff being gone is a HUGE plus for TNA. They still need better writers and a more focused direction, but I am a little more optimistic about TNA than I was even two or three months ago.

Dixie Carter needs to never be on camera again, though. I thought she had briefly made slight improvements, but she has regressed back to completely unwatchable.

They definitey have a talented roster but the only thing entertaining to me last night was Joe's short promo. Even the Aries-Angle match was a disappointment. The Styles thing as you said they're taking further than the E but the problem there is that Styles isn't Punk and Dixie isn't Vince.

Anyways, AJ Lee apparently collapsed today during a show but it sounds like she should be ok, thankfully.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 05:50 PM)
They definitey have a talented roster but the only thing entertaining to me last night was Joe's short promo. Even the Aries-Angle match was a disappointment. The Styles thing as you said they're taking further than the E but the problem there is that Styles isn't Punk and Dixie isn't Vince.

Anyways, AJ Lee apparently collapsed today during a show but it sounds like she should be ok, thankfully.

Sounds like AJ was dehydrated. How she is ok I am starting to enjoy her character.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 06:47 PM)
Sounds like AJ was dehydrated. How she is ok I am starting to enjoy her character.

Starting? She's carried that s***ty division since April.

Read Mickie James may return. That'd be nice.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 07:38 PM)
Starting? She's carried that s***ty division since April.

Read Mickie James may return. That'd be nice.

McCool as well. Get those two in, bring up Paige and Emma and all the sudden that division goes from completely s***ty to pretty solid over night. But I don't think the E cares enough to do that.

And I'm sorry I made this into a women's wrestling discussion ha.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 24, 2013 -> 09:55 PM)
Somehow forgot the PPV was today, stumbled in for the last 2 matches. The tag match was great, and the main event was garbage, as expected. I do like the potential title unification though.

Anything noteworthy happen before those 2 matches?

The survivor series match was fun and Henry returned.

I'm on board with Roman Reigns. Push him. I like him and Rollins in ring. Ambrose bores the crap outta me.

Reigns can be a better version of Batista. I'm sure E will screw it up. Is book him to win Rumble and title at XXX as next big star. Seriously.

Awesome. Even if he's brought in to be a Santino type comedy relief guy he's just so much fun to watch.

Anyone listen to his podcast? It's good stuff.

For those who don't listen, here's a hilarious little taste of it.

No, it's not always animated, but all the animated videos are fantastic, check em all out.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 07:01 AM)
I'm on board with Roman Reigns. Push him. I like him and Rollins in ring. Ambrose bores the crap outta me.

Reigns can be a better version of Batista. I'm sure E will screw it up. Is book him to win Rumble and title at XXX as next big star. Seriously.

Reigns is definitely a star in the making, he does need to get better on the mic though. I hope they don't rush his push, build him up and let him get better on the stick before you make him the guy cause I do think he's your future face of the company, he has that much upside.

With that said, it does kind of suck that the shield break up is coming soon. It obviously has to happen at some point but every match they're in is awesome.

Edited by Rowand44

I actually dont mind the Shield breaking up. Their collective push never amounted to anything but them being hired bullies. The WWE wants another Outsiders/NWO but they never allow it to run its course. The Shield showed up and almost immediately they were Heymans paid lackeys, so their "We want to punish the system" mantra never worked out for them.

Now they are just HHH's lackeys. If they wanted to be the NWO, then they needed to have their own motives and run with them.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 11:40 AM)
I actually dont mind the Shield breaking up. Their collective push never amounted to anything but them being hired bullies. The WWE wants another Outsiders/NWO but they never allow it to run its course. The Shield showed up and almost immediately they were Heymans paid lackeys, so their "We want to punish the system" mantra never worked out for them.

Now they are just HHH's lackeys. If they wanted to be the NWO, then they needed to have their own motives and run with them.

Their storyline hasn't been the strongest at times but outside of a few clunkers between Ambrose and Kane every match they've been in has been great. When they're in matches together, they've all been fantastic. They basically steal the show at every ppv.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 11:55 AM)
Their storyline hasn't been the strongest at times but outside of a few clunkers between Ambrose and Kane every match they've been in has been great. When they're in matches together, they've all been fantastic. They basically steal the show at every ppv.

Their matches are very good, I agree very much on that point. Its just their character push that i think was left hanging.

And thats why we are gonna see them break up so quickly. It will be interesting to see how it happens though. I dont see any of them having babyface qualities that would make one of them break off. It will probably be a "accidental" spear on one of them that causes a loss

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 12:20 PM)
Their matches are very good, I agree very much on that point. Its just their character push that i think was left hanging.

And thats why we are gonna see them break up so quickly. It will be interesting to see how it happens though. I dont see any of them having babyface qualities that would make one of them break off. It will probably be a "accidental" spear on one of them that causes a loss

Ya, the errant spear is the easiest way to at least start the break up. Reigns goes face, Ambrose stays heel and I can see Rollins going either way.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 10:00 AM)
I cant wait for "Lazy Booking!" when Cena unifies the titles, lol

I don't think it'll happen for a little bit, I think you'll get a stupid ending at this ppv where they each grab one title.

On another note, I'm guessing last night was a way to get Punk in the "authority" storyline? I'm actually interested to see where that goes.

Edited by Rowand44