Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 08:03 AM)
I was talking with my buddy about where this could lead last night, and I was wondering who the Family's target would be now, since they "acquired" Bryan. They are going to need to go up against another solo player who has a little backup. I was thinking possibly a showdown with Punk + Shield, since both of them are ex-Heyman clients and have a little history together.

I just dont see Bryan entering the title picture in Mania right now, especially with Lesnar and Batista re-entering the picture.

Bray's whole thing has been about "taking down the machine" and he's tweeting about destroying kingdoms, it makes all the sense in the word for Bryan to be using them to take out the authority and get himself back in the title picture. That being said, we all read rumors and I've seen nothing to suggest that being the case so who knows.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 08:11 AM)
Haven't we had enough of part-timers in the title picture?

I think we all agree on that but this is the WWE and to quote Mark Henry "it's what they do."

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 08:39 AM)
They need the hype going into Mania, as much as it sucks.

Is Batista that much of a draw? I know he's in movies but he's not the Rock.

Batista-Orton just sounds insanely boring to me but if it also means Lesnar-Taker, HHH-Punk and most importantly Bryan-HBK...fine with me.

Edited by Rowand44

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 09:39 AM)
They need the hype going into Mania, as much as it sucks.

I know, but do they have to be going for the title? Surely a Batista/Taker or Lesnar/Taker match would drum up as much interest as either of them going after Orton or Cena.

Hell, I'd have brought out Batista when Lesnar was calling out someone, anyone from the back. Maybe that's where they're headed and they needed Brock to destroy someone like Henry to build the mystique.

Orton vs anyone is boring to me, so it really doesnt matter to me who he goes up against. I think Batista is a draw, he isnt a Rock-type draw, but he had some good pop when he left 4 years ago. Im guessing there is going to be a Batista/Lesnar/Orton elimination chamber match before Mania, and from there we will see who goes which way.

Dont forget, old man Hulkamania is rumored to be jumping into the rumble and making a run into Mania for something. Knowing how that guy is, he is going to want a big match with someone.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 10:18 AM)
I know, but do they have to be going for the title? Surely a Batista/Taker or Lesnar/Taker match would drum up as much interest as either of them going after Orton or Cena.

Hell, I'd have brought out Batista when Lesnar was calling out someone, anyone from the back. Maybe that's where they're headed and they needed Brock to destroy someone like Henry to build the mystique.

I think Lesnar-Taker would drum up huge interest from my age group. I know a lot of my friends who don't watch wrestling now did when Taker was in his prime and they're also big MMA fans. That match would draw some casual viewers

http://rajah.com/node/38243

Paul Heyman spoke to Michael Cole immediately after Monday's episode of RAW. Here are some highlights of what he said:

- Brock Lesnar will be at next week's Old School RAW from Baltimore, Maryland and is looking "to do something old school" at the show.

- Triple H brought Brock Lesnar back to WWE because he does what's best for business. Brock is back because WWE unified the top titles and it's Brock's destiny to be the supreme champion.

- When Michael Cole mentioned Batista's return, Heyman responded, "Who?" Heyman admitted that he'd love to sign Batista as a Paul Heyman Guy, but The Animal needs to remember that Lesnar is the true 'force to be reckoned with' in WWE.

They are setting up Batista/Lesnar

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 03:07 PM)
Only he's not being buried. The Chase is more interesting than the run anyway.

There is no chase he is out of title picture game over especially with all the guys coming back for WrestleMania season.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 04:20 PM)
There is no chase he is out of title picture game over especially with all the guys coming back for WrestleMania season.

We have no idea where this is going, Like others have said Wyatts whole shpeel was taking down the machine, and he spoke of how he never got anywhere behind the fans and such. I would really be shocked if this takes him out of "the chase".

Give it a week or 2 before you bad mouth it.

To be honest, even though I love him as a performer, the YES gimmick has started to annoy me. I'm ready for him to start something fresh.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 03:45 PM)
We have no idea where this is going, Like others have said Wyatts whole shpeel was taking down the machine, and he spoke of how he never got anywhere behind the fans and such. I would really be shocked if this takes him out of "the chase".

Don't you know who you're responding to?

To be honest, even though I love him as a performer, the YES gimmick has started to annoy me. I'm ready for him to start something fresh.

The Wyatt's dont really seem to be taking down the machine though. Their targets have been Kane, Kofi Kingston, Daniel Bryan, and CM Punk. Not exactly like they are trying to annoy HHH and the McMahons.

I am interested though, I wasnt sure if their backwoods/cajun/the hills have eyes approach would work.

You may not have any idea where this is going, but I have been watching wrestling since 1980. I do not need to wait a week or 2 to see a guy get moved out of title scene. I have seen it many times over the years.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 03:57 PM)
You may not have any idea where this is going, but I have been watching wrestling since 1980. I do not need to wait a week or 2 to see a guy get moved out of title scene. I have seen it many times over the years.

We all know he's out of the title picture for now but you act like he will never be in it again. He was in the picture for 3 plus months lately.

He's had good matches with the Wyatt's and if he faces HBK at mania, I'm all for that. That's all I care about.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 03:57 PM)

come on now, pretty much everyone in this thread has been watching wrestling anywhere from 15-30 years, maybe more.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Of course there are favorites, and of course things fall apart for unknown and unexplained reasons. Taking Bryan out of the title hunt by no means says that he is getting buried. CM Punk hasnt been in a true title hunt for a while now, and he didnt get buried, he still gets plenty of pop and main events PPVs. Bryans whole schtick has been the unappreciated little man, he is the new Rey Mysterio. It has been since he got fired from the company for choking a guy while in NXT, and his fan support brought him back. The guy will get chances, he isnt dead in the water.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 04:06 PM)
come on now, pretty much everyone in this thread has been watching wrestling anywhere from 15-30 years, maybe more.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Of course there are favorites, and of course things fall apart for unknown and unexplained reasons. Taking Bryan out of the title hunt by no means says that he is getting buried. CM Punk hasnt been in a true title hunt for a while now, and he didnt get buried, he still gets plenty of pop and main events PPVs. Bryans whole schtick has been the unappreciated little man, he is the new Rey Mysterio. It has been since he got fired from the company for choking a guy while in NXT, and his fan support brought him back. The guy will get chances, he isnt dead in the water.

CM Punk was champion a entire calendar year, Punk got his run. Bryan was champ 25 seconds and not given any chance to run with the ball, they are not comparable. I am not saying his run would be good or bad, but come on give him a fair chance to see. Vince and HHH do not see him as that guy no matter how over he is.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 04:15 PM)
CM Punk was champion a entire calendar year, Punk got his run. Bryan was champ 25 seconds and not given any chance to run with the ball, they are not comparable. I am not saying his run would be good or bad, but come on give him a fair chance to see. Vince and HHH do not see him as that guy no matter how over he is.

Did Punk get that title handed to him right away? Or did he have to get kicked around a while and put up a huge stink about it, and start challenging the McMahons in order to get his shot? How long was CM Punk in the WWE before he got a title run?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 02:21 PM)
I've seen the reports about WWE not bein interested in Styles, but would anyone be shocked if he showed up in the Rumble?

I think he would be fun in the WWE, he isnt spectacular but he is solid. Pretty much a death knell for TNA though, he is their homegrown kid

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 02:22 PM)
I think he would be fun in the WWE, he isnt spectacular but he is solid. Pretty much a death knell for TNA though, he is their homegrown kid

I think he'd be an over mid carder. Maybe main event with Heyman.

With the coverage his departure has gotten online, I don't believe WWE has zero interest. Smoke screen maybe.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 03:56 PM)
I think he'd be an over mid carder. Maybe main event with Heyman.

With the coverage his departure has gotten online, I don't believe WWE has zero interest. Smoke screen maybe.

I was thinking about how he had a long program with Flair before Flair left TNA and came back to the WWE, so they could pair those two up again

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 04:32 PM)
FWIW Styles has indy bookings through March so I'd say chances are slim.

Evan Bourne>Styles anyway and he's rumored to return soon, possibly at Rumble.....Probably won't get the push that AJ might should he come over though.

Bourne obviously has lots of violations which means not much will be done with him outside jobs or tagging.

WWE signs guys who have had Indy bookings and guys have had to bail on them with not much problem.

I don't watch ROH but Styles would be more valuable for them then anyone else.

Not sure if anyone here is interested in this, but yesterdays NJPW PPV was tits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jthU-1MQbw8

If you only have time for one match, skip forward to about the 44 minute mark (wrestling starts at 54 min mark) for an epic 4 way tag team match between the Young Bucks, Forever Hooligans, Taichi & TAKA Michinoku, and Kushido & Alex Shelley....Shelley and Kushido are called the Time Travelers, and they come out in a real Mclearon. (Sound cuts in and out, but hey, its in Japanese anyway lol)

Only an 11 min match but its packed full of fun action.

A lot of fun names popped up on this card...

The previously mentioned Young Bucks (one of the best tag teams on the planet), Alex Shelley, Taka Michinoku, Alex Koslov, Jushin Thunder Lyger, Luke Gallows/DOC, Rob Conway, a couple Gracies, Great Muta, Shelton Benjamin, and Prince Devitt(Rumored to be on his way to the E),

Going to a wrestling event at the Tokyo Dome has, and will always been on my bucket list.

Edited by scs787