Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 04:44 PM)
Supposedly Batista is returning. Metlzer believes he'll win the rumble and face Orton at WM. Not sure what to think if true.

It kind of surprises me to be honest with you. I thought he would fade into the typecast movie roles

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 04:44 PM)
Supposedly Batista is returning. Metlzer believes he'll win the rumble and face Orton at WM. Not sure what to think if true.

Yuck.

It'd be interesting to see where that would leave the other 3 main guys. I'd assume Punk and Bryan get HHH and HBK either in singles matches or a tag match, that's of course if HBK is willing to come back. And where does that leave Cena? The easy answer is Taker but then Lesnar has nobody. Who knows.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 04:55 PM)
No way Batista gets a title match at mania. Maybe Lesnar, taker, or hhh.

If he is coming back for a one off PPV run, he wouldnt get a title match. If he is coming back for a longer run i could see him getting a shot.

Especially with his history with Orton, they have been buds/enemies on and off a lot over the years

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 06:49 PM)
Yuck.

It'd be interesting to see where that would leave the other 3 main guys. I'd assume Punk and Bryan get HHH and HBK either in singles matches or a tag match, that's of course if HBK is willing to come back. And where does that leave Cena? The easy answer is Taker but then Lesnar has nobody. Who knows.

Are the Sting/Taker rumors still out there? That would then give us Cena/Lesnar.

Wouldn't mind Batista/Orton if it means the matches you suggested....

Batista/Orton

Punk and Bryan/HHH and HBK (like you said, tag or singles)

Sting/Taker

Cena/Brock

All of those matchups are fresh.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 05:10 PM)
Are the Sting/Taker rumors still out there? That would then give us Cena/Lesnar.

Wouldn't mind Batista/Orton if it means the matches you suggested....

Batista/Orton

Punk and Bryan/HHH and HBK (like you said, tag or singles)

Sting/Taker

Cena/Brock

All of those matchups are fresh.

Not sure if it's off the table but the talks have seemingly slowed down. Cena-Lesnar have had their feud but I certainly wouldn't complain about that card especially when the undercard could have Cody-Goldy and the Shield-Wyatts. I'm just not a Batista fan but that card would be fine with me.

There's a lot of ways the E can go with mania, so we'll see what happens. Gotta remember that Sheamus is coming back too so I'm sure he'll be thrown in a big match as well.

I got tomorrow and Friday off so I figured I'd look into the house show roster tomorrow since it's split with MSG. Chicago gets Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, the Shield and the Wyatt's. NY gets Orton, Cena, the Big Show and Cody-Goldy. I do love Cody and Goldy but I can go to a very cheap wrestling show with out having to deal with Cena and Orton and get to see the other 9 people I mentioned? That's a win.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 25, 2013 -> 09:42 PM)
I got tomorrow and Friday off so I figured I'd look into the house show roster tomorrow since it's split with MSG. Chicago gets Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, the Shield and the Wyatt's. NY gets Orton, Cena, the Big Show and Cody-Goldy. I do love Cody and Goldy but I can go to a very cheap wrestling show with out having to deal with Cena and Orton and get to see the other 9 people I mentioned? That's a win.

Win......... Win.................Chicago crowd hates Cena always has. Glad to see he is on MSG show.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 25, 2013 -> 10:28 PM)
What crowd doesn't hate Cena? The kids give him love but he gets heat everywhere, even his hometown

Haha they all do. As I've said before, I don't hate Cena but at a house show, I got exactly the people I want to be there, as long as AJ is there. ;)

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 25, 2013 -> 10:38 PM)
Haha they all do. As I've said before, I don't hate Cena but at a house show, I got exactly the people I want to be there, as long as AJ is there. ;)

Fun time, basically what you'd expect out of a house show. First time I've been to a non ppv show in years, the place still goes absolutely bat s*** Crazy for Punk even when it's not a sell out.

This either goes the route of Bryan using the family to finally take down the authority or they're trying to kill Bryan for good.

I'm with Brian, I think it's short lived with a big payoff, at least I really hope. They're really dumb if they're legit turning him heel.

I'm all for it if it means we gat Crazy Bryan again for a while.

I'm betting this is short-term to elevate the Family and probably to help Bryan win the Rumble and get back into the title picture.

He doesn't need them to do that, but it adds a wrinkle to the story and most likely turns the Family into bad-guy babyfaces for a while.

I was talking with my buddy about where this could lead last night, and I was wondering who the Family's target would be now, since they "acquired" Bryan. They are going to need to go up against another solo player who has a little backup. I was thinking possibly a showdown with Punk + Shield, since both of them are ex-Heyman clients and have a little history together.

I just dont see Bryan entering the title picture in Mania right now, especially with Lesnar and Batista re-entering the picture.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 08:11 AM)
Haven't we had enough of part-timers in the title picture?

That's why I don't like the Batista vs Orton rumor at mania. You have one unified major title now, and on the biggest show of the year you're going to have it defended against a guy who had been gone 4 years? Not too mention, who knows how the crowd will respond to him when he gets back.