Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 26, 2013 -> 12:21 PM)
I don't think it'll happen for a little bit, I think you'll get a stupid ending at this ppv where they each grab one title.

On another note, I'm guessing last night was a way to get Punk in the "authority" storyline? I'm actually interested to see where that goes.

I could see them swapping titles.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 29, 2013 -> 10:10 PM)
First time I watch Smackdown in forever and I get a full hour of the Shield and Cody-Goldy. Amazing.

Easily the best match I've seen on smackdown in as long as I can remember.

Kinda funny because before that match I was gonna comment on how awful the show was.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 08:40 PM)
Who would I want to pay for a show featuring Shield vs Goldy Rhodes when I see it for free every week, twice. Wwe needs to reevaluate how to build a ppv.

I do miss the days of the jobber matches on TV with one or two "TV main events".

You got to see the stars be dominant, you could build storylines through promos, backstage/outside-the-arena angles, and run-ins, and the payoff would be at whatever "Supercard" they were holding next.

Giving away as much as they do on TV, I'm always surprised that anyone buys pay-per-views anymore.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 10:07 AM)
I do miss the days of the jobber matches on TV with one or two "TV main events".

You got to see the stars be dominant, you could build storylines through promos, backstage/outside-the-arena angles, and run-ins, and the payoff would be at whatever "Supercard" they were holding next.

Giving away as much as they do on TV, I'm always surprised that anyone buys pay-per-views anymore.

AJ and Ziggler both had awesome promos on Monday that for some reason were relegated to the app. It's stuff like that I don't understand.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 11:54 AM)
AJ and Ziggler both had awesome promos on Monday that for some reason were relegated to the app. It's stuff like that I don't understand.

Yeah, that is puzzling. I also would love for managers to make a comeback. They have so many guys they're not using who could be "endeavored" to hire a few managers to help the guys who can't cut a promo to save their lives.

Following the promotions announced by WWE yesterday, many wondered what Stephanie McMahon's promotion meant for WWE creative. WWE sent out the following statement…

"Creative Writing now reports to Paul Levesque, EVP Talent and Live Events. In addition to Stephanie McMahon's expanded responsibilities as Chief Brand Officer, she will continue to maintain a presence on TV.

What this means is that Triple H is now directly in charge of the WWE Creative team. His first change occurred Sunday following her loss at the Survivor Series during the elimination match, fans noticed that Diva Eva Marie was laughing and smiling on her way to the back. Word is that WWE is instructing babyfaces to not sell their losses, and to smile and engage with fans after the loss.

Not good news IMO..............HHH just buries guys he does not like and books himself over everyone.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 11:43 AM)
Following the promotions announced by WWE yesterday, many wondered what Stephanie McMahon's promotion meant for WWE creative. WWE sent out the following statement…

"Creative Writing now reports to Paul Levesque, EVP Talent and Live Events. In addition to Stephanie McMahon's expanded responsibilities as Chief Brand Officer, she will continue to maintain a presence on TV.

What this means is that Triple H is now directly in charge of the WWE Creative team. His first change occurred Sunday following her loss at the Survivor Series during the elimination match, fans noticed that Diva Eva Marie was laughing and smiling on her way to the back. Word is that WWE is instructing babyfaces to not sell their losses, and to smile and engage with fans after the loss.

Not good news IMO..............HHH just buries guys he does not like and books himself over everyone.

I had to double check the date of your tweet. WWE is boring now but HHH has done a lot of good things the past few years. He has an old school mentality which is good news.

He has done some good things, but their first concern should be the writers. The writing right now is sub-par and inconsistent. The most glaring example is the Wyatt Family. They kidnap Kane (while Kane filmed his movie) and then nothing comes of it when Kane returns. He's moved into a completely unnecessary and pointless role in the Cena/Orton/McMahons angle. Then they kidnap Daniel Bryan and cut a promo about how he's safe with them and he'll return as a monster. Bryan then returns on Raw like nothing ever happened and they change the story to say the Wyatts dumped him into "an abandoned parking lot" (which was first said to be outside the arena, then changed to "near" the arena).

Also, that Strahan stuff was pitiful, the Bellas are pushed as babyfaces while acting as vile and unlikable as ever, Punk is floundering in meaningless stories, and so on. There are so many more examples I could name (Miz's weird almost-heel turns, Bad News Barrett, what they've done [or not done] with Sandow and Ziggler, that awful vomiting segment with Titus, etc etc)

A lot of this gets blamed on Vince, but if HHH is in charge of creative this has to fall on him as well.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 06:23 PM)
He has done some good things, but their first concern should be the writers. The writing right now is sub-par and inconsistent. The most glaring example is the Wyatt Family. They kidnap Kane (while Kane filmed his movie) and then nothing comes of it when Kane returns. He's moved into a completely unnecessary and pointless role in the Cena/Orton/McMahons angle. Then they kidnap Daniel Bryan and cut a promo about how he's safe with them and he'll return as a monster. Bryan then returns on Raw like nothing ever happened and they change the story to say the Wyatts dumped him into "an abandoned parking lot" (which was first said to be outside the arena, then changed to "near" the arena).

Also, that Strahan stuff was pitiful, the Bellas are pushed as babyfaces while acting as vile and unlikable as ever, Punk is floundering in meaningless stories, and so on. There are so many more examples I could name (Miz's weird almost-heel turns, Bad News Barrett, what they've done [or not done] with Sandow and Ziggler, that awful vomiting segment with Titus, etc etc)

A lot of this gets blamed on Vince, but if HHH is in charge of creative this has to fall on him as well.

Steph and HHH have took the show in the toilet since they took over. They seem out of touch with the fans and the Daniel Bryan burial being a prime example.

The Bryan stuff was an overreaction of the summerslam buy rates, that was Vince, I guarantee it.

Agreed with the stuff critic wrote though. I have no idea what HHH has been responsible for but I do believe he's more in touch with the fans than the others. We'll see what happens.

Raw Monday drew low ratings to find an episode of RAW that did such a low number, you have to go back to Christmas Eve 2012. Excluding holiday editions of RAW, this was the worst viewership since October 1, 2012. Keep up the good work HHH.

While the product is stale now, ratings don't mean much. They were bad during your boy, Punk's, big run and that was great stuff to watch mostly.

Jan is when they usually turn things up to Mania.

P.S. How about if Bryan and/or Punk win their handicap matches, the get to enter Unification TLC match? More interesting.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 08:06 PM)
While the product is stale now, ratings don't mean much. They were bad during your boy, Punk's, big run and that was great stuff to watch mostly.

Jan is when they usually turn things up to Mania.

P.S. How about if Bryan and/or Punk win their handicap matches, the get to enter Unification TLC match? More interesting.

Maybe I am just shocked both handicap matches telling the same story on the same PPV is overkill. Fans may be restless with the 2nd handicap match IMO.

Edited by Soxfest

According to The Wrestling Observer (via Wrestlezone, there is a reason why the match between CM Punk and Brock Lesnar was not nominated for the Match of the Year Slammy.

While many within WWE feel it was the best match of the year, it wasn't nominated because CM Punk can't have a better match with Brock Lesnar than Triple H did. The Undertaker vs CM Punk had to be listed because it features Undertaker at WrestleMania.

HHH cannot even lose a made up Slammy Award category yet he is in charge of creative now. HHH being in charge is not good for fans or business.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 02:30 PM)
omg you are as bad as the guy that used to come on this site and post how many times the Cubs were mentioned over the white sox.

What are you talking about? HHH being promoted is a major topic in wrestling circles and a lot of people have reservations about it.