Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 09:18 AM)
eh, let the Rhodes have fun. Those two have wanted to wrestle together for a while, and they look like they are enjoying it

They've wanted to feud together for a long time though and they've had perfect chances to do it and just haven't for whatever reason. I like the stupid/fun gimmicks as much as anyone but Cody is too good to be trapped in something like this, unless of course this leads to that heel turn and feud with Goldy.

WWE head writer Jay Gibson was fired by Vince McMahon recently, either on Friday or over the weekend. Last night's episode of RAW was the first WWE show without his involvement. It featured more input from Vince than usual, including the spiked coffee and Stephanie McMahon vomiting on Vickie Guerrero.

Credit: PWTorch

While Vickie stayed a little longer than was previously reported (she was originally reported to be leaving around Wrestlemania 30), she's still leaving for a career as a medical administrator. Last night's skits with Vickie and The Authority are leading up to Guerrero being written off TV.

There was a negative reaction to last night's skit in which Stephanie McMahon vomited on Vickie. Not only was the skit the usual Vince McMahon gross-out comedy, but there were several people who thought it was in bad taste. Vickie's daughter Shaul took time off from WWE due to problems with an eating disorder.

Credit: Rajah

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 07:52 PM)
Yeah, the RAW last night was a damn good one, but I believe neither of the first 3 matches resulted in an actual 1-2-3 count pin.

With no competition on Mondays, they should ease back into total jobber matches.mi know Ryder and Slater have that job, but maybe more of them, instead of giving away so many top billing matches for free.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 07:59 PM)
With no competition on Mondays, they should ease back into total jobber matches.mi know Ryder and Slater have that job, but maybe more of them, instead of giving away so many top billing matches for free.

RAW ratings are not good for a long time with including all these matches would even be worse with mostly jobber matches.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 08:09 PM)
RAW ratings are not good for a long time with including all these matches would even be worse with mostly jobber matches.

I don't care about ratings. I care about the product. Maybe they'd come up with better angles.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 08:41 PM)
I don't care about ratings. I care about the product. Maybe they'd come up with better angles.

USA Network cares that is why a McMahon is on every dam week they insist on it.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 12:33 PM)
There will indeed be a 2nd ladder match at MiTB...Very excite.

Ya, at the very least this should be a fun ppv. And Rollins got his new ring gear on smackdown and it's hilariously bad.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 12:33 PM)
There will indeed be a 2nd ladder match at MiTB...Very excite.

Rollins is in it. Ambrose and Kane seem like locks after last night. Not sure who else fills it out. Bo Dallas, RVD, Dolph because he's over and Kofi just because I can't think of 7 people on the roster deserving.

So what the hell is the card? Usos vs Wyatts, 2 MITB matches. That's it.

I guess divas 5 minute match and a Rusev one minute squash. But yeah.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 12:50 PM)
Rollins is in it. Ambrose and Kane seem like locks after last night. Not sure who else fills it out. Bo Dallas, RVD, Dolph because he's over and Kofi just because I can't think of 7 people on the roster deserving.

So what the hell is the card? Usos vs Wyatts, 2 MITB matches. That's it.

I guess divas 5 minute match and a Rusev one minute squash. But yeah.

Barrett probably gets in as well. I'd love to see Rusev in there as well.

It'll be interesting to see the other matches.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 12:38 PM)
Ya, at the very least this should be a fun ppv. And Rollins got his new ring gear on smackdown and it's hilariously bad.

Saw the pic. Bet it doesn't last long.

Seth also needs to get better on his promos. Very slow and monotonous. Sounds like he is exactly reading a script.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 11:20 PM)
Lashley beat EY for TNA title tonight. one bearded champ down.........two bearded champs down.

What an awful choice for your champ.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 08:38 AM)
Doesn't the life of their company depend on next week's shows? Why not wait until then? Well they will probably change again anyways.

Why buy PPVs when you give away title changes for free?

According to the latest rumors, AJ Lee is pregnant and may not be back on WWE TV this year. Rajah reports that multiple sources have claimed the story is true. Assuming she ever does come back, it would be March or April at the earliest. This depends on when she became pregnant, of course.

AJ and CM Punk were married last Friday with friends saying they "loved the idea of having their wedding on Friday the 13th."

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 11:36 PM)
According to the latest rumors, AJ Lee is pregnant and may not be back on WWE TV this year. Rajah reports that multiple sources have claimed the story is true. Assuming she ever does come back, it would be March or April at the earliest. This depends on when she became pregnant, of course.

AJ and CM Punk were married last Friday with friends saying they "loved the idea of having their wedding on Friday the 13th."

If she is pregnant, I dont see Punk on tv any time in the next year.

On one hand, i respect the guy for being able to tell Vince to suck it and truly walk away on his own terms. On the other, I am really am pissed because there is a massive void in the WWE for a character like him.

If they would write proper stories for him, that is.

I think that was the final straw for him - he was getting burnt out anyway, and the stuff they were having him do was just bland.

The surprise for me was how bad his feud with Paul Heyman was. That, in theory, should have been a classic feud on the mic, but it fell so flat.

I don't know if their hearts weren't in it, or what, but the whole thing felt forced and weak.

I'm not sure if Punk will ever go back to WWE, unless he got a Brock-like contract. With a kid on the way, and reportedly being very good with his money, I wouldn't think he will want to commit to a full WWE schedule again.