Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A lawsuit against WWE and Natalya Neidhart that was filed on June 27 was dropped on Monday in Florida. Christopher Donnelly, who is in a Pennsylvania prison, filed a hand-written lawsuit asking for $250,000. If he wasn't paid, he threatened to "go to the media" and also mentioned several claims about Natalya.

He claimed that she was a dominatrix who beat him while they were at hotels in the US from 2005-2009, forced him to suffer extreme sexual abuse and forced him to prostitute himself in Miami, Florida. Donnelly said he wanted the money for mental and psychological trauma, but spelled "psychological" wrong in the filing.

The judge dismissed the lawsuit and said that the complaint was filed with delusional language, with no standing under Florida law.

Credit: PWInsider

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there is still discontent backstage in WWE over pay issues. Among the issues are the royalty checks for video games; according to the site the top guys got around $1,555 in royalty checks for the second quarter. This is a hefty drop from previous years and even from the first quarter, where the top names got $11,700 (compared to $70,000 in the first quarter last year).

In addition, with the dress code back to being enforced talent who don't dress professionally in public are being fined. Talent is also being fined for showing up late to events, in some cases even a minute late could result in fines.

Talent is now holding out for their WrestleMania 30 pay, which still hasn't come. The checks are supposed to be mailed out next week and no one has been told anything about how the pay will be determined. It it is off PPV revenue than the WWE Network will have cost the talent a lot; on the other hand if it is based on a Network percentage it could be more.

Edited by Soxfest

I wonder if Wyatt will ever be a true main eventer consistently. WWE loves him as the reports indicate, but it's weird that they never thought about him winning the MITB and the rumors now are that he won't headline WM31. If they love him, why not? He is already over after his Cena feud and he doesn't need this Y2J stuff, although it is gold.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 10:05 AM)
Looks like Bray turning on his guy, and teaming with Cena.

Which would be sickening

Sure does look like it but I guess he was actually trying to hit Cena there. Oh crazy Japan house shows.

Sting tweeted "7.14.14" last week and a photo of his crow face paint. This has led to many people believing he will show up in some capacity on tonight's episode of RAW. If you think he's going to be there in person, prepare to be disappointed. WWE recently filmed a Sting promo and the promo will air tonight on RAW. It was likely taped to promote his appearance in WWE 2K15 and his upcoming WWE-produced DVD, "Sting - The Ultimate Collection", which will be out in September.

As of this morning, Sting has not signed with WWE to appear on the program on anything but a video.

Credit: The Wrestling Observer via Rajah

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 07:11 PM)
So Cena and Reigns sit there while Dean gets murdered. Nice job being faces

I'd guess it would be too far of a run to save Ambrose.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 07:16 PM)
Sheamus trying to get "fella" over is amusing

I don't even know what "fella" means, honestly.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 07:30 PM)
Ambrose is a bad face, IMO. He plays the bad guy role so much better.

Man, he's been f***in awesome.

I agree that on paper he makes more sense as a heel but he's killin it in this role.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 07:31 PM)
Man, he's been f***in awesome.

I agree that on paper he makes more sense as a heel but he's killin it in this role.

Agreed. His promos are great and crowd loves him.