Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 09:22 PM)
This raw is just amazing.

Xavier Wood out of nowhere just made the night awesome. Can't believe they're going to go with that angle.

Was hoping they'd eventually go that route. Awesome.

According to WZ, a source inside WWE claims that the Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins match was held off Battleground because the writers were trying to make the eventual SummerSlam match advertised as their first-ever PPV match together. It was believed that this could be a big selling point for the PPV.

It is also believed that there will be a stipulation added to their SummerSlam match.

If this was plan from the beginning then promoting the match for Battleground was pure bait and switch from WWE.

SS card:

1. Cena vs Brock

2. Orton vs Reigns

3. Rollins vs Ambrose

4. Rusev vs Swagger

5. Miz vs Dolph

6. AJ vs Paige

7. Steph vs Brie

8. Bray vs Jericho

Hogan dancing around, probably during Swagger match.

That's a big card for 3 hours, and leaving off Rhodes Bros, Cesaro, Usos, Kane, Sheamus and Bo Dallas. Usos vs Rybaxel is very possible or maybe a fatal 4 way. Would love to see Bo Dallas go after the US title so that someone actually does something with it. Dolph' s chase of the IC title us going to be great.

Too many 1v1s too. We need a tag match and some stips. Maybe Kane and Cesaro can team up since Cesaro isn't doing anything and is now a "HHH" guy.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

We know I like to play booker so here is what I'd do with Brock assuming he wins at SS and assuming he defends at every ppv and goes over.

Night of Champions: Cena's rematch.

HIAC: Orton finally gets his rematch after losing it at Mania.

Survivor Series: Daniel Bryan

TLC: Cesaro after Heyman gets him back for not being a Heyman Guy anymore.

Rumble: maybe Dean Ambrose

Chamber: defends in Chamber.

Mania: loses to Reigns.

That said, I'm sure we'll get Cena vs Brock 3 times with one being in a cell. I like the idea of putting younger guys against him, even though they lose. Elevated by association.

WWE may have canceled plans for a follow-up match between Rusev and Jack Swagger. The plan was the two to fight each other at several PPVs but the rivalry isn't expected to continue. It's unknown if the controversy over what Lana said at Battleground played a role in the decision, but it's possible.

Credit: The Wrestling Observer via Rajah

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 03:22 PM)
WWE may have canceled plans for a follow-up match between Rusev and Jack Swagger. The plan was the two to fight each other at several PPVs but the rivalry isn't expected to continue. It's unknown if the controversy over what Lana said at Battleground played a role in the decision, but it's possible.

Credit: The Wrestling Observer via Rajah

LOL. Yea, it is unknown. Of course they just up and cancelled a "USA vs Russia" feud because they werent feeling it

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 11:14 AM)
We know I like to play booker so here is what I'd do with Brock assuming he wins at SS and assuming he defends at every ppv and goes over.

Night of Champions: Cena's rematch.

HIAC: Orton finally gets his rematch after losing it at Mania.

Survivor Series: Daniel Bryan

TLC: Cesaro after Heyman gets him back for not being a Heyman Guy anymore.

Rumble: maybe Dean Ambrose

Chamber: defends in Chamber.

Mania: loses to Reigns.

That said, I'm sure we'll get Cena vs Brock 3 times with one being in a cell. I like the idea of putting younger guys against him, even though they lose. Elevated by association.

No way Brock defends every PPV

I don't care how old the dude is, I want to see him in a WWE ring once. Sting-Undertaker is passed its peak obviously but I just want to see what the WWE production team could put together for a video package there.