Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 10:59 AM)
That would have absolutely worked as well. All I'm disagreeing with you about is that I don't think this squashes the Punk angle at all, if they do this right everything can still all tie in very nicely.

I just didn't want anything drawing attention away from it so soon. To have that happen the next day feels like a blowoff.

We'll see how it progresses, I just thought it was a step back.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 04:29 PM)
For those at the event, was I the only one who thought people were going to act very stupid if CM Punk lost? I'm not talking about full-scale riots....but it was definitely an intense atmosphere.

I agree. It was very intense to say the least.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)
Critic, I so agree with you. I was really disappointed by how quickly they transitioned to finding a new WWE Champ. The last segment clearly saved the show, and the angle still has a lot of intrigue.

Well, I still haven't seen anything saying CM Punk has resigned.. what if he really was leaving and Vince had decided it would be best to just have him leave and have a tournament to crown a new champion with a new belt rather than having an insane Chicago crowd possibly do something stupid had he lost?

I know how unlikely that is, but the relieving Vince of his duties makes some sense in all of this.. not getting CM Punk resigned, allowing him the chance to leave with the belt, firing Cena.. And they could still continue it with HHH trying to bring back CM Punk.. If they really wanted to crown a new champion, they could of last night so I dont know how much I am buying into that actually happening..

All I can say is they have made some pretty big strides to a better product recently, and its very encouraging..

Vince is 65 years old, Im sure this has been in the works for quite some time and he just wants to step back and be the small part time megalomaniac character and just bounce from island to island until he goes to the great wrestling heaven in the sky

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 06:19 PM)
Vince is 65 years old, Im sure this has been in the works for quite some time and he just wants to step back and be the small part time megalomaniac character and just bounce from island to island until he goes to the great wrestling heaven in the sky

Don't you mean "sports entertainment heaven"??

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 06:19 PM)

Storyline only

Sean Waltman tweeted the following, clarifying his Triple H-Vince McMahon tweet from last night: “To clarify my tweet last night. Raw last night was real on a symbolic level.” Last night, Waltman wrote that the storyline on TV was “real.”

It should be noted that Vince McMahon is still the “head man in charge”. Triple H has NOT taken over the company. He will eventually take over for Vince but that hasn’t happened yet, reports the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Triple H is basically being ‘groomed’ to take over along with Stephanie McMahon.

We noted several months ago that HHH had been learning the “ins and outs” of the company at Titan Towers. He’s also taken more of a ‘management’ role at TV tapings.

Monday’s RAW saw Triple H take the reigns from Vince in storyline.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 06:26 PM)
Don't you mean "sports entertainment heaven"??

i seriously considered saying he would be going to Harts Dungeon, but thought i would be nice

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 06:27 PM)
Storyline only

Sean Waltman tweeted the following, clarifying his Triple H-Vince McMahon tweet from last night: “To clarify my tweet last night. Raw last night was real on a symbolic level.” Last night, Waltman wrote that the storyline on TV was “real.”

It should be noted that Vince McMahon is still the “head man in charge”. Triple H has NOT taken over the company. He will eventually take over for Vince but that hasn’t happened yet, reports the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Triple H is basically being ‘groomed’ to take over along with Stephanie McMahon.

We noted several months ago that HHH had been learning the “ins and outs” of the company at Titan Towers. He’s also taken more of a ‘management’ role at TV tapings.

Monday’s RAW saw Triple H take the reigns from Vince in storyline.

yeah i know this was storyline level right now, but its out there now, people know HHH and Stephanie are assuming the controls. this could be a huge and lengthy storyline that could dovetail with CM Punk's storyline.

hopefully it isnt rushed. i somewhat disagree with critic that last night was bad coming off the CM Punk match. this story needs to be told correctly, i think last night was the beginning of chapter 1

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 01:03 PM)
Well, I still haven't seen anything saying CM Punk has resigned.. what if he really was leaving and Vince had decided it would be best to just have him leave and have a tournament to crown a new champion with a new belt rather than having an insane Chicago crowd possibly do something stupid had he lost?

I know how unlikely that is, but the relieving Vince of his duties makes some sense in all of this.. not getting CM Punk resigned, allowing him the chance to leave with the belt, firing Cena.. And they could still continue it with HHH trying to bring back CM Punk.. If they really wanted to crown a new champion, they could of last night so I dont know how much I am buying into that actually happening..

All I can say is they have made some pretty big strides to a better product recently, and its very encouraging..

Punk'll be back. You're a wrestling fan. This is a storyline. You should know this.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 04:23 PM)
X-pac said that HHH texted him after the show and told him that Vince stepping down is legit and HHH is taking over.

I've read on numerous sites that HHH will be taking over in real life eventually. But Vince is supposed to be the man at least until WM 28.

falling into the "You guys know this isnt real, right?" category.....

Darren Rovell, a sports business reporter for CNBC, noted on his Twitter account that last night's angle on Raw in which Vince McMahon was relieved of his duties of WWE chief and replaced by his son-in-law, Triple H, may cause issues with WWE stock.

"The No. 1 material risk against WWE stock is Vince McMahon leaving the business," Rovell wrote. "Tonight's plot could be an SEC violation."

rajah.com

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 09:52 PM)
I predicted this would happen somewhere else. I also thinks it's too soon. I think the WWE did it though because of the support Punk has gotten. I see him losing at SummerSlam. No way Super Cena loses twice to the same wrestler in the same year.

Be nice if Punk wins and then changes the belt.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
It was his theme song for ROH

Did not know that.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 10:53 PM)
It was his theme song for ROH

I'm glad I didn't turn the TV off once Cena won like I wanted, once I heard the opening riff I knew what was about to go down.

But I would of waited until after SummerSlam to bring him back, ah well.