Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys have to give this a chance and see where its going

Cena just won the title, and was immediately s*** on by CM Punk AND the fans.. this doesn't mean Punk is "back" he could have just been making his presence felt to show that he is the REAL champ..

All I know is, CoP is awesome and Punk is getting massive ovations.. at some point they have to do something right, I have a feeling this is finally it

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)
sigh. they rushed Punk back

Agreed. I figured part of his deal was that he would get time off than come back around maybe Survivor Series.

WWE always rushes things.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 07:07 AM)
T R U, Im not completely pissed about it, but I do think the angle would have done better if they played up the Punk off TV/No contract bit a little more.

I dunno man, Punk is huge right now how good for ratings/buys would it be right now to have him off TV for a month or so? I wanna see where its goin before I just assume Cena is gonna beat Punk and this is over at summerslam..

It obviously took a lot to get Punk to stay, I doubt that they are going to end this that soon.. Punk was always good, but its like ever since they let him say whatever he wanted he has turned into some huge superstar.. they cant blow this

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 11:55 AM)
I dunno man, Punk is huge right now how good for ratings/buys would it be right now to have him off TV for a month or so? I wanna see where its goin before I just assume Cena is gonna beat Punk and this is over at summerslam..

It obviously took a lot to get Punk to stay, I doubt that they are going to end this that soon.. Punk was always good, but its like ever since they let him say whatever he wanted he has turned into some huge superstar.. they cant blow this

I dont think they would have to necessarily keep him off tv for the entire time. Run-ins, video interruptions, watchign from the crowd, ROH appearances. They could have milked this cow a little bit more.

Regardless, I am watching.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 01:17 PM)
I dont think they would have to necessarily keep him off tv for the entire time. Run-ins, video interruptions, watchign from the crowd, ROH appearances. They could have milked this cow a little bit more.

I get what you are saying, but that's all still a possibility.. I mean look at it this way, what you are saying you wanted to see pretty much happened last night.. Cena wins the "new" championship and CM Punk comes out and raises the real belt in his face..

Its not like next week its gonna be CM Punk and Alberto Del Rio vs Cena and Mysterio in some lame tag team match.. I think a lot of people are just quick to assume WWE dropped the ball.. Punk is so over right now its crazy, and they tend to cater to the people who get that way..

The CM Punk BS report that Bill Simmons has been talking about the last week has finally happened.

sportsguy33 Bill Simmons

You know what's not boring? The @CMPunk podcast we taped today. It's going up tomorrow late-AM. I enjoyed his candor, he was a good guest.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 01:17 PM)

That would've been a good idea honestly.

After I think about it some more, the WWE didn't rush this as much as I thought they did.

Punk is RED HOT right now. Not sure if you can risk keeping him off of TV too long. This will definitely sell more for Summerslam than ADR/Cena would.

Personally, I would of kept Punk off of TV until the end of SummerSlam where I would've done the whole Punk showing up to "Cult of Personality" after the main event.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:24 AM)
After I think about it some more, the WWE didn't rush this as much as I thought they did.

Punk is RED HOT right now. Not sure if you can risk keeping him off of TV too long. This will definitely sell more for Summerslam than ADR/Cena would.

Personally, I would of kept Punk off of TV until the end of SummerSlam where I would've done the whole Punk showing up to "Cult of Personality" after the main event.

I know why they brought him back, I just think there were more creative ways to keep him on TV and in the scenario without having him physically return yet.

And I get it that they want to cash in on his heat at SummerSlam, but they could get that from having him tease showing up via video segments while still selling the "gone forever" part of the story.

I'm hoping they have another shocking moment or interesting twist in their pockets, but the way they've played it since MITB is cooling my interest quickly.

Alberto Del Rio has once again been victimized by WWE’s haphazard booking as his long-planned match with John Cena at SummerSlam 2011 was nixed hours before Monday night’s RAW telecast in Hampton, Virginia.

Creative overhauled their tentative match line-up for SummerSlam 2011 on Monday afternoon after deeming their creative plans for CM Punk for the event as “awful.” Del Rio was effectively removed from the title picture as a result. WWE’s braintrust felt that had Punk not been slotted in the title match, his much talked about storyline would extinguish.

Though Del Rio had the rug pulled out from under him once again, creative has the 34-year-old pegged for a title run this fall. WWE announced today they will present a landmark tour across Mexico this October and a number of high ranking officials feel the countryman returning as a conquering hero will garner a great deal of media attention.

Meanwhile, The Miz was at one point scheduled to reign supreme in the WWE Championship Tournament on RAW. Creative later changed their mind and the WWE Championship was awarded to Rey Mysterio, who got to hold the belt for approximately an hour and a half.

http://www.24wrestling.com/wwe-makes-major...lam-2011-plans/

So there you go.

The E had so many fans confused as to what was going on behind the scenes that they could of had Punk away Til Rumble and it would be huge.

If they rushed this back to have Punk lose to Cena at SS, this will be bad.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 05:12 PM)
Wonder if the E is paying to keep that sOng as Punk's new theme.

If you listened to the BS report with Punk, Punk confirmed this is a permanent change.

He also added which I thought was weird that he didn't decide to return to the WWE until after MITB. Which means they gave him the belt without knowing if he would come back.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 01:11 AM)
If you listened to the BS report with Punk, Punk confirmed this is a permanent change.

He also added which I thought was weird that he didn't decide to return to the WWE until after MITB. Which means they gave him the belt without knowing if he would come back.

i KNEW it!

I really had the feeling they were worried about a massive riot had he not won, s*** some of you where there it could have been ugly..

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wwe-news...-wwe-bound-.php

another reason to watch every week, the kings of wrestling are on there way and adding cabana (if not all the guys) to the punk angle should be fantastic....a dream of mine that just popped in my head... Punk makes a faction of all the indy guys (Cabana, Hero, Claudio,Tyler Black). They build up the Punk vs Bryan match by him having matches with all these guys, like punk is throwing em out there to "soften em up" and they just let these guys wrestle, like good indy style wrestling..ive already seen most the matches but i want more

I wouldn't hold your breath on any ROH type faction.

I think HHH running things would actually be good for wrestling and the WWE. Focus more on the sports part than the entertainment part. I think you are already seeing some of his input working.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 05:12 PM)
Wonder if the E is paying to keep that sOng as Punk's new theme.

It is his new theme.. I saw an article on Wrestlezone that said Vince broke policy by allowing someone to use a song that they had to pay royalties for..

Which is odd to me as Edge was using Metalingus by Alter Bridge, Mysterios is by POD I believe, Rev Theory does Ortons, CM Punk was using Killswitch Engage, HHH with Motorhead

Do they not have to pay royalties for those? Seemed weird to me as people have had actual songs for a while now..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 02:05 AM)
It is his new theme.. I saw an article on Wrestlezone that said Vince broke policy by allowing someone to use a song that they had to pay royalties for..

Which is odd to me as Edge was using Metalingus by Alter Bridge, Mysterios is by POD I believe, Rev Theory does Ortons, CM Punk was using Killswitch Engage, HHH with Motorhead

Do they not have to pay royalties for those? Seemed weird to me as people have had actual songs for a while now..

They have to pay royalties, sure, but all of those songs are on those WWE themesong CDs, so the WWE is making money off of it as well. Cult of Personality is not, so Vince has to pay royalties on something that he isnt going to make money back with

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 09:12 AM)
They have to pay royalties, sure, but all of those songs are on those WWE themesong CDs, so the WWE is making money off of it as well. Cult of Personality is not, so Vince has to pay royalties on something that he isnt going to make money back with

What about Pomp and Circumstance?

QUOTE (T R U @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 11:05 AM)
What about Pomp and Circumstance?

I dont know how all of them would apply. Im sure there is someone who owns the rights to that song that is being paid.

It really is crazy how Punk is pretty much getting what he wants right now