Kenny & Ozzie at it again

Real

QUOTE (WCSox @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 01:50 PM)
That said, I'm not sure that I share DA's optimism. I could easily envision a scenario where JR does nothing because he doesn't want to pick sides, Ozzie continues to act like an ass, and Kenny reaches the end of his rope and says, "f*** it, I'm done with this dysfunctional organization."

If it got to the point that the GM didn't feel he could fire his manager...yeah, that would be the definition of a disfunctional organization.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jamesdiego @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)
You can't really wonder why people call you out for making posts like these. You and your hero Ozzie both seem like you are instigating chaos and digging for reactions. I think Ozzie is trying to get fired at this point. I figure that would make the Sox liable for paying his next season's salary. Whereas if he leaves on his own the Sox do not have to pay him. He only cares about himself, his family and his money.

Ozzie didn't call a press conference.He's just too honest for some of your tastes.

I like the honesty. He was in the dugout for the pregame interviews. He talks. That's Ozzie.

I guess he could have or should have ripped the Cubs, but that's one job that's available. Why would he rule it out if he leaves here?

s***, he could manage their forever like LaRussa in St. Looie.

I think Ozzie wants that meeting with JR which he keeps mentioning and he wants his ego to be stroked and maybe he'll stay.

I do also think he would love to be Florida manager.

I'd say it's 50/50 what he wants.

Of course he cares most about himself, family and money. Most former ballplayers who made a buck in the game do just that.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 02:06 PM)
Ozzie didn't call a press conference.He's just too honest for some of your tastes.

I like the honesty. He was in the dugout for the pregame interviews. He talks. That's Ozzie.

I guess he could have or should have ripped the Cubs, but that's one job that's available. Why would he rule it out if he leaves here?

I think Ozzie wants that meeting with JR which he keeps mentioning and he wants his ego to be stroked and maybe he'll stay.

I do also think he would love to be Florida manager.

I'd say it's 50/50 what he wants.

Of course he cares most about himself, family and money. Most former ballplayers who made a buck in the game do just that.

So he doesn't bleed White Sox, he bleeds money and Guillen...

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 03:06 PM)

Really? You think the Cubs would put up with any manager for more than a couple years? They haven't had a manager last more than 5 years since Leo Durocher.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 08:09 PM)
So he doesn't bleed White Sox, he bleeds money and Guillen...

Fair criticism of my position.

I do think he is Mr. White Sox, though.

I guess I would agree he's more for himself and his family than the organization.

I do think he bleeds White Sox, but he is about himself and his family ahead of that. I do think he cares about the Sox and the city though.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 07:42 PM)
Hell, i'd love to see the Cubs as managed by Guillen. You put that kind of lineup in his hands, without the kind of pitching staff that he's been working with here, you have a consistent 75 win team.

I'd love to see Starlin Castro have 50 sacrifice bunts next season.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 08:46 PM)
Geo Soto would be hitting 7th and Tyler Colvin would be platooning with Mark Kotsay for the bulk of the year

Is it true that Mark Kotsay said he doesn't think he'll be returning to the Sox next season? Saw this on WSI, but there was no source/link.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 02:48 PM)
Is it true that Mark Kotsay said he doesn't think he'll be returning to the Sox next season? Saw this on WSI, but there was no source/link.

Yes. Kotsay was asked about the Ozzie wanting an extension subject. He said that it isn't a big deal to him since he won't be with the club next season, but it should be something that the returning players should keep an eye on. I believe it was a Tribune blurb.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 03:53 PM)
Yes. Kotsay was asked about the Ozzie wanting an extension subject. He said that it isn't a big deal to him since he won't be with the club next season, but it should be something that the returning players should keep an eye on. I believe it was a Tribune blurb.

Just checked the Trib and didn't see a direct quote, but there was Mark Gonzalez in his last mailbag saying that he didn't think Kotsay would be back next year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 02:55 PM)
Just checked the Trib and didn't see a direct quote, but there was Mark Gonzalez in his last mailbag saying that he didn't think Kotsay would be back next year.

It's probably a good time for Mark to hang it up, I don't think he will be getting many offers this offseason.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
It's probably a good time for Mark to hang it up, I don't think he will be getting many offers this offseason.

There's no reason why he can't be an adequate PH on a National League team. He's a career .312 average as a PH.

And if Ozzie Goes to the Cubs...they need a starting 1b...

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 04:57 PM)
He'll be the next Mark Kotsay.

Like it or not...he's a significant upgrade. He's not a $4 million a year upgrade so feel free to complain about that contract...but he's a much better option than Kotsay.

I'm wondering if De Aza winds up playing himself into an option as the other backup OF next year.