2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Real @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:26 PM)
if you wanna see something hilarious

check out the free throw disparity in this series, it's seriously so wide you can't honestly think there isn't something fishy going on with the NBA officiating

This happens to the Heat all the time. Typical superstar treatment. Every team has to deal with it basically.

What's surprising is that the god damn MVP couldn't get more free throws than freaking Chris Bosh.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:26 PM)
I don't get comments like this. Boozer has a lot of playoff experience, and Thibs couldn't even play him in the 4th quarter. The Bulls/Thibs just pissed down their leg too much in the 4th quarter in all but the first game.

That's what experience is.

QUOTE (Real @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
Spoelstra figured him out. Rose is a bad passer against teams like Miami who are elite at getting in the passing lanes. You can't count on 10 fingers how many times Rose threw the ball right to a Heat player this series. I think once he started doubting himself passing the ball it just had a trickle down effect that made him what we saw this series, a very average/below average PG

Rose needs to clean up that part of his game, he turns the ball over A LOT

Pat Riley made the adjustments in this series not Spoelstra make no mistake.

Rose just seemed surprised by the athleticism of the Heat. I made the remark in game 4 that he looked like a freshman in college playing against a veteran team. So many turnovers made due to passing while fading back or jumping in the air. How many times did he turn it over this series trying to pass to a man who was open but the passing lane quickly closed? Everyone's going to talk about how we have to add to this team, but the truth is we would have won this series if Rose played like an MVP and not like Johnny Flynn.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:29 PM)
I would dig up every bit of your expert analysis, but its not worth my damn time.

u mad?

seriously though, dig up my posts, i'm negative a lot, but it's not trolling. hell read the sox thread tonight, i made one post and it wasn't negative!

chill the f*** out dude

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:29 PM)
f*** it, good season, bad ending. Lots more of these battles with the Heat coming in the next few years, its gonna be a good show.

agreed, what the bulls did this year was (if you take a step back for a moment, and just calm down and think clearly) AMAZING

QUOTE (Real @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
Spoelstra figured him out. Rose is a bad passer against teams like Miami who are elite at getting in the passing lanes. You can't count on 10 fingers how many times Rose threw the ball right to a Heat player this series. I think once he started doubting himself passing the ball it just had a trickle down effect that made him what we saw this series, a very average/below average PG

Rose needs to clean up that part of his game, he turns the ball over A LOT

For how much Rose had the ball this season and especially this postseason, his TOV% isn't terrible. Hell, Nash, Rondo, Kidd, Paul, LeBron, Parker all had higher TOV% than Rose this season.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 27, 2011 -> 04:34 AM)
ESPN just sucking off Lebron and Company.

As well they should after that amazing comeback. I'll just be avoiding ESPN the next 2 weeks...might be a good time to read the ESPN book instead.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:34 PM)
ESPN just sucking off Lebron and Company.

I can't stand Miami and I especially can't stand LeBron but what the f*** do you expect? That asshole was f***in insane this series, unfortunately he deserves all the credit he's going to get. Hopefully someone on Dallas literally punches him in the mouth though.

He was awesome while our superstar grew girl parts.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:35 PM)
As well they should after that amazing comeback. I'll just be avoiding ESPN the next 2 weeks...might be a good time to read the ESPN book instead.

Drink...excessively.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:37 PM)
I can't stand Miami and I especially can't stand LeBron but what the f*** do you expect? That asshole was f***in insane this series, unfortunately he deserves all the credit he's going to get. Hopefully someone on Dallas literally punches him in the mouth though.

He was awesome while our superstar grew girl parts.

You don't think this will ultimately make Derrick a better player? You know this series will motivate him to work like a fiend in the offseason. Rowand, believe me, I hate the f*** out of LeBron and company. Fortunately, I can take solace in the fact that Bulls fans have yet to see his best.

I've been a crazy optimistic sports fan my entire life. But the NBA doesn't stand a chance the next 5 years, they made and will most likely win the NBA finals in their first season and they are only going to get better. A Howard-Rose or Howard-Kobe connection are the only thing that might be able to stop it and the second one of those for only a few more years if that.

Edit: This post may or may not be blinded by sheer devastation right now. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:48 PM)
I've been a crazy optimistic sports fan my entire life. But the NBA doesn't stand a chance the next 5 years, they made and will most likely win the NBA finals in their first season and they are only going to get better. A Howard-Rose or Howard-Kobe connection are the only thing that might be able to stop it and the second one of those for only a few more years if that.

pretty much.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
You don't think this will ultimately make Derrick a better player? You know this series will motivate him to work like a fiend in the offseason. Rowand, believe me, I hate the f*** out of LeBron and company. Fortunately, I can take solace in the fact that Bulls fans have yet to see his best.

It may but it is no sure thing he will improve.

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:48 PM)

uh, what? You have no clue what will transpire in the NBA over the next five years. This is especially true with this Heat team. Wade's body is not going to hold up. I can understand this type of reaction if the Bulls were blown out in every game, but all the losses were extremely close. The Bulls didn't execute. That is why they lost -- not because the Heat are destined to win every year.

It seems like nobody is giving Dallas a chance. I don't get that. They have a better offensive supporting cast than we do and play good enough defense. I think it will be a fun series.