2010-2011 NBA Thread

This has been the most enjoyable basketball season of my entire life. Derrick Rose is MY player, dammit. I was 8 years old when the Bulls won in 91. I grew up knowing the Bulls as great. Jordan always "was".

I stuck with the Bulls, like many and few at the same time, through the thin of the post-Jordan era. If I saw him on the street, there's a chance I'd murder E-Rob.

Anyway, I am mystified with how great this team has become. It has restored my faith in the game and the NBA system. A well-coached team of "good guys" who buy into the system, behind and up-and-coming home-grown superstar, CAN have the best record in the Eastern Conference.

The playoffs are going to be a different beast entirely, but I feel good about this team against anyone. The roster is even deeper than the Lakers, and they all play hard.

I cannot wait for the playoffs. Bring me the Pacers.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 09:06 AM)
This has been the most enjoyable basketball season of my entire life. Derrick Rose is MY player, dammit. I was 8 years old when the Bulls won in 91. I grew up knowing the Bulls as great. Jordan always "was".

I stuck with the Bulls, like many and few at the same time, through the thin of the post-Jordan era. If I saw him on the street, there's a chance I'd murder E-Rob.

Anyway, I am mystified with how great this team has become. It has restored my faith in the game and the NBA system. A well-coached team of "good guys" who buy into the system, behind and up-and-coming home-grown superstar, CAN have the best record in the Eastern Conference.

The playoffs are going to be a different beast entirely, but I feel good about this team against anyone. The roster is even deeper than the Lakers, and they all play hard.

You can't handle The Hansbrough.

So, the Lakers have lost 5 in a row, they've fallen back into a tie (in the records) with the Mavericks but hold the tiebreaker, they're 1 game ahead of the Thunder and could legitimately wind up in 4th place in the West if they can't pull off a final win. They've got the Spurs and then a visit to the Kings on the list.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 01:40 PM)
There are legitimate arguments against Rose winning the MVP but I'm going to be pissed if Thibodeau doesn't win coach of the year. His defensive philosophies are simply incredible and has been the biggest reason for the Bulls improvement this year (obviously Rose becoming a legit superstar played a large part as well).

There are no legitimate arguments for either, imo. Rose is clearly the MVP this year. Not saying he's the best player in the association, but he fits the MVP title for the season.

And I still don't think the Bulls make the NBA finals. However, I hope I'm wrong. I still think Miami wins this thing.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 11:11 AM)
There are no legitimate arguments for either, imo. Rose is clearly the MVP this year. Not saying he's the best player in the association, but he fits the MVP title for the season.

And I still don't think the Bulls make the NBA finals. However, I hope I'm wrong. I still think Miami wins this thing.

Honestly, the Heat don't scare me because when you get past LBJ and Wade, they are really thin (Bosh=soft)...the Bulls will manhandle them on the boards.The only team I fear are the Lakers.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 11:19 AM)
The good news for the Bulls is that Miami hasnt played the Celtics well, so its not a sure thing that the Bulls ever even face the Heat.

Honestly the way that the Celtics are going right now, a first round upset wouldn't shock me.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 11:19 AM)
The good news for the Bulls is that Miami hasnt played the Celtics well, so its not a sure thing that the Bulls ever even face the Heat.

The Heat won yesterday because their bench finally showed up, but that is an exception to the rule, the Heat's bench sucks.

If the Heat bench plays in the playoffs the way they did vs Boston yesterday, they'll be tough to beat but they've been bad all year and I don't expect them to all of a sudden "turn it on".

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 12:02 PM)
I thought that he lived in San Diego - you know, like what it says on his name area over there.

I was living in SD until about a year ago...too lazy to change my info.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 09:06 AM)

Agreed, especially when the "stacked" talent model in Miami isn't working too well.

Speaking of Rose, this was fun to watch: http://www.nba.com/video/channels/original...rose_top10.nba/

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)
Agreed, especially when the "stacked" talent model in Miami isn't working too well.

The 3rd best record in the league? They aren't gonna win 70 games like they thought, but I wouldn't say it's not working too well.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 10:19 AM)

Miami hasn't played well against Boston when Boston had Kendrick Perkins. Boston is not the same team that they were.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 01:38 PM)
Miami hasn't played well against Boston when Boston had Kendrick Perkins. Boston is not the same team that they were.

Boston didn't have Perkins the first couple times those teams met either and they still stomped them. Boston's roster is actually deeper now with Green and possibly at least 1 O'Neal in there.

Right now, Boston's problems with the Heat would be mental.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 12:32 PM)
The 3rd best record in the league? They aren't gonna win 70 games like they thought, but I wouldn't say it's not working too well.

But that's the point, everyone assumed they'd be this juggernaut that would rip threw everyone. They're good, yeah, but not great. Great is here in Chicago, where you've got an actual team that plays like a team.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 01:43 PM)
But that's the point, everyone assumed they'd be this juggernaut that would rip threw everyone. They're good, yeah, but not great. Great is here in Chicago, where you've got an actual team that plays like a team.

Stop calling the Bulls great until they earn it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 12:48 PM)
Stop calling the Bulls great until they earn it.

Please. They're the best in the East and are a game away from having the best record in the league. IIRC their record against contenders is better than anyone else. They've earned that. They don't have to win out for them to be considered great this year.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
Please. They're the best in the East and are a game away from having the best record in the league. IIRC their record against contenders is better than anyone else. They've earned that. They don't have to win out for them to be considered great this year.

A great year does not a great team make.

The 90-91 Bulls were not a great team until they took out the 'Stons and the Lakers.

At least that's my view.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)

They need to win the championship!

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 11:43 AM)
Perkins only played in 1 of the 3 Celtics wins over the Heat.

I retract my previous statement than. The point remains that Boston is clearly a different team without Kendrick though.