2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 05:51 PM)
Didn't think you guys would be that interested in trade talk. Mayo would benefit the Bulls more than Asik or Gibson would. At the same time, I can see why the Bulls didn't do it. They want big man depth because that's how you beat the Heat.

I also think, why not a crazy deal, the Bulls were not overly interested in adding any significant money. The new CBA is going to be a pretty dramatic change in a lot of peoples opinion

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bulls better be banking on a Parker or Rip buyout.

Celtics move...confuses me.

Nets hit a homerun by clusterf***ing the Knicks and getting the better player for cheaper.

Grizz did good with Battier. Should have traded Mayo for something.

Knicks made a lateral move for this year. We'll have to see how they fill the holes now.

Denver did good.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 06:08 PM)
The Bulls better be banking on a Parker or Rip buyout.

Celtics move...confuses me.

Nets hit a homerun by clusterf***ing the Knicks and getting the better player for cheaper.

Grizz did good with Battier. Should have traded Mayo for something.

Knicks made a lateral move for this year. We'll have to see how they fill the holes now.

Denver did good.

Denver did amazing. They were gonna lose this guy for nothing at the end of the year and got first-round draft picks and three above-average starters. Amazing.

Interesting day to say the least.

My thoughts on all of the deals, firstly the Perkins trade, think OKC did very well there. They've needed a good defensive big for a long time, and that move will help them in the playoffs match up against teams like the Lakers. As for the C's, Zoom said it perfectly about Jeff Green. He's a classic tweener who's overrated, shoots 4 3's a game at 30% from the field, doesn't play good defense at the 4 spot and doesn't rebound the ball well. Dwight Howard has played much better against Perkins recently, but I'm hoping we get the Celtics in the semi finals now. I'm assuming they must think Dalembert is going to get bought out, or Troy Murphy, but we've had our eyes on Murphy for a long time.

I would have dealt Asik for Mayo, because there are probably going to be a few bigs that are going to be bought out that you can sign for the vets minimum to replace Asik's role. That said, sounds as if he was pretty much dealt to Indiana, and the trade didn't go through in time, because they wanted a 3rd team involved in New Orleans to get involved in the financing.

Portalnd made a good pickup in Wallace, although it'll kill the value of Nicholas Batum. Don't know if that makes Portland a real contender in the West, they're still scrapping for a playoff spot, but they are certainly better then what they were yesterday.

The most underrated move IMO, was Memphis pickin up Battier. He's argubly the best "glue defensive swingman" in the league. He'll really improve their perimeter defense and when Rudy Gay gets back, that's a pretty good team they have there now. They won't stay together, Randolph will probably leave in FA as they can't afford to pay both Gasol and Zach, so it looks like they're going for it this season.

A bit annoyed Orlando didn't make a move, especially after our terrible performance last night. I'm hoping right now, the guys are just going thru the motions a bit, like the Celtics did last season before the playoffs, but right now no-one besides Dwight is playing well.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 11:45 PM)
I am stunned the Bulls stood pat. If they were willing to ride or die (and they will die, early in the playoffs) with Keith Bogans at two guard because they didn't want to trade Omer Asik, then shame on them even more. I just don't see any way a team as weak at the 2 and 3 as the Bulls can do much in the playoffs.

Agreed.

But really, NBA GMs are a lot smarter than this board. Asik isn't worth a whole lot or he'd be on a plane right now, no doubt.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

Asik isn't worth a whole lot or he'd be on a plane right now, no doubt.

????

By all accounts teams wanted Asik but the Bulls refused to trade him.

So if NBA Gms are "smart" like you say, then they are in agreement that Asik is valuable. If Asik has no value, then why were teams wanting him to be included in deals?

Your argument makes no sense.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 01:10 AM)
????

By all accounts teams wanted Asik but the Bulls refused to trade them.

So if NBA Gms are "smart" like you say, then they are in agreement that Asik is valuable. If Asik has no value, then why were teams wanting him to be included in deals?

Your argument makes no sense.

Because it's pretty clear he wasn't enough to get any deal done, or he'd be gone right now.

Of course the Bulls are going to come out and publicly say they don't plan on trading him. They aren't dumb either. They aren't going to show their hand. Nor are they going to say "Oh yeah, we tried trading him" once they couldn't work out a deal.

Err no the Bulls could have easily gotten a deal done had they wanted to.

The reason he isnt gone is because the Bulls valued him over any deal that they could get. Had they just wanted to get any value for him, he would have been traded like James Johnson.

Once again, makes no sense.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
I'm assuming they must think Dalembert is going to get bought out, or Troy Murphy, but we've had our eyes on Murphy for a long time.

Murphy got traded to Golden State. I guess that it's possible that he could get bought out, though.

The more and more I watch Taj, the more I want him traded. Asik's size is vital and he's been huge on defense today. Defense is playing well again. Heat only had 14 points that quarter.

Edited by chw42