2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 13, 2011 -> 11:14 PM)
I don't think fully expecting the opponent to win makes you less of a fan. I think the Bulls will win this series if they play good defense and get guys other than Rose going like we saw last night. I think they'll do the job on defense, but I just don't trust the supporting cast enough offensively.

This.

One of Boozer/Deng (both would be ideal) is going to have to have a great series. Rose will get his. But as I said before, he will not be the unquestioned best player on the floor in this one. There's two guys that will cancel his production out. And our bench will have to thoroughly outplay theirs.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 13, 2011 -> 11:31 PM)
Getting my mind off the Bulls for 2 seconds(not really but whatever), that Memphis-OKC series has been a ton of fun, happy it's going 7.

Both these teams are so fun to watch. And just think of Memphis with a healthy Gay? These are the two best teams in the west going into next year, IMO.

i had it either going heat in 5, or bulls in 7 but i could see it going heat in 6 too

the bulls are a cute team with their grindiness and effort style of play, but the heat are just better from a talent standpoint and that's what wins series in the NBA playoffs, talent

bulls could win the series but if you're actually putting money on this series, no way you go with chicago, if you do and the bulls do pull it off, congratulations, you've won some money

it would be sweet if the bulls win in like 5 or 6, that would be epic

QUOTE (Real @ May 14, 2011 -> 12:27 AM)
i had it either going heat in 5, or bulls in 7 but i could see it going heat in 6 too

the bulls are a cute team with their grindiness and effort style of play, but the heat are just better from a talent standpoint and that's what wins series in the NBA playoffs, talent

bulls could win the series but if you're actually putting money on this series, no way you go with chicago, if you do and the bulls do pull it off, congratulations, you've won some money

it would be sweet if the bulls win in like 5 or 6, that would be epic

You are possibly the worse fan a team could ask for :lolhitting

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 13, 2011 -> 06:30 PM)
This is the only drawback I've seen since dropping Comcast. Not sure why the NBA is broadcasting all of their playoffs on cable with no local access, but it does suck, especially with ChannelSurfing shut down.

People, people, people. Myp2p.eu. Can I post that? Yes. I just did.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ May 14, 2011 -> 12:36 AM)
You are possibly the worse fan a team could ask for :lolhitting

Fans are allowed to be negative. It's just hilarious when some fans are so freaking wrong about their team, or just the league in general.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 14, 2011 -> 01:03 AM)
Fans are allowed to be negative. It's just hilarious when some fans are so freaking wrong about their team, or just the league in general.

because the Heat aren't as talented as the Bulls, right?

:lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ May 14, 2011 -> 01:18 AM)
That's exactly what I'm saying. If the Bulls win it, he becomes what LeBron has been for the past 5 years.

Only fair, since it started for LeBron in his 4th season.

QUOTE (Real @ May 14, 2011 -> 01:57 AM)

Celtics-Brian-Scalabrine.jpg

But seriously, 1 through 2, of course the Heat are more talented.

3 through 10, the Bulls are WAAAAY more talented.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ May 14, 2011 -> 01:18 AM)
That's exactly what I'm saying. If the Bulls win it, he becomes what LeBron has been for the past 5 years.

Even with the hype, I can't recall anybody really arguing LeBron was in the same class of Michael, Magic, Bird, Wilt, Russell, Kareem and a few others at the age of 22-23.

QUOTE (Real @ May 14, 2011 -> 12:57 AM)

I never said that. But you're insistence that every team the Bulls have played this season is better than them and more talented than them has just been mind boggling to say the least.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 13, 2011 -> 03:52 PM)
The Bulls are going to absolutely destroy the Heat. This series won't be close.

Not a chance. The three games they played this year were decided by a total of 8 points, and Miami wasn't playing nearly as good as they are now. This has all the hallmarks of a 7 game series.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 14, 2011 -> 02:15 AM)
Only fair, since it started for LeBron in his 4th season.

Celtics-Brian-Scalabrine.jpg

But seriously, 1 through 2, of course the Heat are more talented.

3 through 10, the Bulls are WAAAAY more talented.

Not sure if you realize it, but you just validated my point! Thanks!

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 14, 2011 -> 03:08 AM)
I never said that. But you're insistence that every team the Bulls have played this season is better than them and more talented than them has just been mind boggling to say the least.

Way to make s*** up, good game bro!

I said the Hawks would win in 6 after hearing about Rose having a grade 2 sprain in his ankle, I thought the injury was legit. It ended up being nothing as it didn't affect his ability to drive, pivot, or do anything to limit his mobility

But keep doing what you do, if it helps you validate your own reasoning for why picking the Heat (which, let me get you in on this little known secret: The Heat are favored to win the series) is as foolish as you make it sound

QUOTE (Real @ May 14, 2011 -> 10:17 AM)
Way to make s*** up, good game bro!

I said the Hawks would win in 6 after hearing about Rose having a grade 2 sprain in his ankle, I thought the injury was legit. It ended up being nothing as it didn't affect his ability to drive, pivot, or do anything to limit his mobility

But keep doing what you do, if it helps you validate your own reasoning for why picking the Heat (which, let me get you in on this little known secret: The Heat are favored to win the series) is as foolish as you make it sound

You claimed after the first Spurs game that the Bulls weren't in the same league talent wise as SA, so I'm not making s*** up "bro." And in fact, I never said picking the Heat was foolish, as I've said a million times in this thread that I think the series can go either way, so you're the one making s*** up. Thanks for playing though.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 14, 2011 -> 04:01 AM)
Even with the hype, I can't recall anybody really arguing LeBron was in the same class of Michael, Magic, Bird, Wilt, Russell, Kareem and a few others at the age of 22-23.

ESPN and various columnists have been trying to make that comparison for years. Jason Whitlock wrote earlier this week that in a game of 2 on 2 he'd take Wade/Lebron over Michael/Scottie.

Well Michael and Scottie havent played for 10 years or so...

Now if he meant in their prime the guy should probably never be able to write a basketball column again because I would think that while you could argue Lebron could play on the same court as Pippen or Jordan, Im not sure how the smaller Wade would really factor in.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 14, 2011 -> 12:50 PM)
Well Michael and Scottie havent played for 10 years or so...

Now if he meant in their prime the guy should probably never be able to write a basketball column again because I would think that while you could argue Lebron could play on the same court as Pippen or Jordan, Im not sure how the smaller Wade would really factor in.

It's even in a column picking the Bulls over the Heat.

I don’t blame you for being impressed. LeBron James and Dwyane Wade were spectacular throughout the series and phenomenal in the clincher, scoring 33 and 34 points, respectively.

We’ve never seen anything like the pairing of James and Wade. It’s better than Jordan and Pippen.

We’ve also never seen anything like James, Wade and Bo’s supporting cast. Mario Chalmers, Mike Bibby, Joel Anthony, Juwan Howard, James Jones, Eddie House, Mike Miller, Zydrunas Ilgauskas and coach Erik Spoelstra might be a nine seed in the NCAA tournament.

They remind me of the inept, skeleton crew of muscle Avon and Slim Charles sent at Marlo, Chris and Snoop in season three of “The Wire.”

The Heat are going to war on a lie. OK, the word lie might be too strong. But it’s a myth the Heat demonstrated anything during the Boston series that revealed Miami as a legitimate title team.

I’ve never once doubted James’ or Wade’s individual or collective brilliance. My problem with the Heat has always been the support, the bench.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 14, 2011 -> 01:20 PM)
Maybe his article meant to imply that Wade/Lebron are a better scoring pair than Pippen and Jordan (which is probably true).

Again, only if you really didn't watch Michael and Scottie.

I watched every game they played, Pippen isnt the scorer Wade is (and Im probably the hardest on Wade in this thread).

In 93 without Jordan, Pippen averaged 22 pts per game (the highest of his career). His highest points per 36 was 20.7 (same year)

In comparison Dwayne Wade ha only averaged under 24 points 1 time in his career (rookie year). His highest points per 36 was 28 (the year he lead the league in average points scored per game).

While Jordan is better than Lebron, I dont think Jordan was so much better to offset that Wade is better than Pippen.

Like I said, its "probably" true, but it would be arguable either way. I just dont think the greatness of Pippen/Jordan was that they could outscore anyone.