2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 13, 2011 -> 10:39 PM)
This series has Rose, Lebron, Wade, Boozer, Bosh, Deng, but it will all come down to Mario Chalmers. LOL, we are not at Kansas anymore, Toto.

Like Brian said, I highly doubt you don't see LeBron or Wade on Rose most of the time. When you have two top scoring options like that, it's OK if one of them gets a little tired out on the defensive side of the court.

Didn't say it would all come down to that, I think that element will be a major factor in the series though, and probably one that people will overlook initally.

One of the major reasons why Atlanta took that series to 6 games was because Jeff Teague actually did a pretty decent job (except when Rose blew up in a couple of games), and I don't think anyone expected that before the series, especially when he had no help without Hinrich.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 13, 2011 -> 05:57 AM)
Apparently, there's a "Beat the Heat" chant in NBA 2K11. Awesome. :D

Yes, I played the first game of the ECF last night and can confirm that.

I did in fact beat them 88-85.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 13, 2011 -> 02:29 PM)
I think that will definitely be the case whenever Bibby's out on the court, otherwise I think they'll try to keep those 2 as fresh as possible on the offensive side of things.

If you put one of those guys on Rose for a whole game, you're probably going to depend on Bosh scoring around 20PTS to keep things running smoothly on offense, and I don't think they can rely on that in a tough playoff style of basketball especially when the Bulls are so good on the interior defense.

This is true, but I was also impressed that Lebron stayed as good on offense while having to chase ray allen thru screens on D throughout the game.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 13, 2011 -> 08:09 AM)
Me too. If I were putting money down, I'd take the Bulls, though.

This line had me confused.

Five games does not = "barely" no matter how you slice it.

Whitlock is just an idiot. Plain and simple. 8-man rotation for the Bulls? They go 10 deep every night.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 13, 2011 -> 10:16 AM)
what game did you go for? i've been "waiting in line" for about 12 min now

I waited in line for 20 once the right option showed up and then there were no tickets.

I knew it'd happen, anyway.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 13, 2011 -> 10:01 AM)
What a crock of s***. The only seats for sale are AMEX locked, and there of course are none available.

I tried the AMEX option for 2 game 7 tickets right at 10:01, and waited 15 minutes and there were no tickets. I imagine much time in hell is spent trying to buy sports tickets on Ticketmaster.

Wow, Oprah kinda F'ed up the conference finals schedule

Game 1 – Sunday, May 15, Miami at Bulls, 7 p.m., TNT

Game 2 – Wednesday, May 18, Miami at Bulls, 7:30 p.m., TNT

Game 3 – Sunday, May 22, Bulls at Miami, 7:30 p.m., TNT

Game 4 – Tuesday, May 24, Bulls at Miami, 7:30 p.m., TNT

Game 5 * Thursday, May 26, Miami at Bulls, 7:30 p.m., TNT

Game 6 * Saturday, May 28, Bulls at Miami, 7:30 p.m., TNT

Game 7 * Monday, May 30, Miami at Bulls, 7:30 p.m., TNT

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

Ideally, I am sure the NBA wanted to start the Bulls-Heat series on Monday or Tuesday to keep it in sync with the Western Conference Finals. But, because of the Oprah tapings on Monday and Tuesday they were basically forced to start it a few days early. Hence the huge break between games 2 and 3. They want the Eastern and Western conference game 7s to be May 29th or May 30th. Since they had to start early, they had to stretch out the first few games. Below is what i think they WANTED the schedule to look like:

Game 1 – Tuesday, May 17, Miami at Bulls, 7 p.m., TNT

Game 2 – Thursday, May 19, Miami at Bulls, 7:30 p.m., TNT

You know Wade and LBJ will get their points, if the Bulls can shut down Christina and the rest of the Miami scrubs from having big nights, the Heat can be beaten.

Chicago should win the battle of the boards...if they play like game 6 vs the Hawks with crisp ball movement and everyone is involved, with that stellar D, the Bulls can beat those assholes...GO BULLS!!!

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 13, 2011 -> 10:49 AM)
You know Wade and LBJ will get their points, if the Bulls can shut down Christina and the rest of the Miami scrubs from having big nights, the Heat can be beaten.

Chicago should win the battle of the boards...if they play like game 6 vs the Hawks with crisp ball movement and everyone is involved, with that stellar D, the Bulls can beat those assholes...GO BULLS!!!

If we play like we did in game 6 we will beat those assholes. Obviously the problem with that is we haven't played that way very often this postseason.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 13, 2011 -> 10:49 AM)
Wow, Oprah kinda F'ed up the conference finals schedule

Game 1 – Sunday, May 15, Miami at Bulls, 7 p.m., TNT

Game 2 – Wednesday, May 18, Miami at Bulls, 7:30 p.m., TNT

yuck wow

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 13, 2011 -> 12:35 PM)
I like the NFL method of picking a local channel to broadcast cable channel games.

I'm surprised that they don't, especially for the Conference Finals...the first in 13 years. Who knows, maybe The U can put together a package in the next two days!

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 13, 2011 -> 12:31 PM)
i hate that all of these games are on TNT without any sort of streaming capability. Forces me to go to a bar and spend a ton of money since i'm a nervous drinker during the games.

Getting basic cable out of the question?

QUOTE (Big

Sqwert @ May 13, 2011 -> 12:48 PM)

Getting basic cable out of the question?

Yeah, once my wife and I bought a house and moved to the burbs last year we decided to stop watching so much TV and ended our relationship with cable. We really only watch sports and the occasional AMC/HBO dramas.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 13, 2011 -> 12:53 PM)
Yeah, once my wife and I bought a house and moved to the burbs last year we decided to stop watching so much TV and ended our relationship with cable. We really only watch sports and the occasional AMC/HBO dramas.

Don't you need cable to watch sports and AMC/HBO?