White Sox Off-Season Catch All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 5, 2010 -> 08:17 PM)
If you are so sure that Alexei Ramirez is simply "OK," I challenge you to find 5 other shortstops who you would rather have instead of him.

And Troy Tulowitski doesn't count.

Derek Jeter

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 06:27 PM)
For some reason, I can envision a Quentin for Matt Lindstrom and a prospect trade.

Lindstrom is getting a nice raise in arbitration. It would have to be a decent prospect or a nice bit of cash to make the move worth doing from the Sox's perspective.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 01:45 PM)
As long as it isn't to close, and the money is less than half of his last contract, I can handle that.

He's been asking for a lot of money. Even the Yankees find it excessive. Of course that's usually how negotiations begin. You would have to figure he's eventually going to get at least as much as Putz, which makes the Sox supposed interest curious.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (joeynach @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 06:57 PM)
Jon Morosi tweeted that the white sox and rays are looking at Accardo. Obviously we need bullpen help and its been rather predicited that he would be one of the names for KW to look it.

Morosi tweeted it and I retweeted it, along with other sox news on twitter and from winter meetings http://twitter.com/joeynach

Yuk. The Sox could sign him even with a big PK deal

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 07:21 PM)
Yuk. The Sox could sign him even with a big PK deal

I dont think the two are mutually exclusive, perhaps with someone like Kerry Wood that would be the case. Im still wondering why we haven't heard about interest in Manny Delcarmen, I know Kenny has been after him in the past and he was non-tendered.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 11:55 PM)
Does anyone know where to get Buehrlot or Don Cooper's wine? Looking for a Christmas gift.

I heard that K.W. has a vintage wine that you can get for 50 cents, although I hear it's hard to find this year! :ph34r: