White Sox Sign Dunn

Vote4Pedro

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 01:35 PM)
I would go with:

Pierre

Ramirez

Rios

Dunn

Quentin

Lee

AJ

Beckham

Morel

Anyway you slice it, it is a better lineup then last year...now how possible is it?

I like yours too. It could always be tweaked.

As far as how possible is it? It depends on what the player's agents accept. This is definitely a lineup that KW has thought about. If Dunn is signed by the Sox, you'll see alot more cards fall into place and I believe one of them is saying goodbye to Konerko.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 01:33 PM)
You gotta admit, even if you swap out DLee and substitute in someone like Viciedo, and even if you swap in Flowers for AJ, that's still a decent lineup, and it could well be a very good lineup.

Morel for me is a question mark offensively, adding Flowers (read: another question mark) wouldn't make me comfortable going into the season.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 02:39 PM)
Morel for me is a question mark offensively, adding Flowers (read: another question mark) wouldn't make me comfortable going into the season.

They're certainly question marks and I'm not going to pretend otherwise. But 1-7...that's a solid setup. Everyone there ought to do damage, and there's a couple guys like Dunn who would be expected to do serious damage. The other 2 would be issues...but they would at least have some potential. And Hell, I'd call AJ a question mark even if he came back.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 11:37 AM)
Really, this sounds like a terrible idea to me.

They say he's got a real good arm and always hear people saying maybe he could play OF although usually hear LF ala Carlos Lee. So why not RF to take advantage of his arm ? Dunn and La Roche both LH which we need and 1st baseman so that leaves Viciedo out at 1st and Morel probably gets 1st shot at 3rd base so giving it a shot in spring training wouldn't hurt.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 02:39 PM)
And If I had my way, I would swap out AJP for Russell Martin. But thats just me.

I would want nothing to do with a catcher coming off a hip injury.. Sign AJ for two years..see if flowers develops at AAA this season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 01:42 PM)
I've been wondering if he's an option for the Sox. Not the biggest fan of his, but his value seems low enough to hopefully get a steal.

For some reason the whole time I thought he is much older than he really is (27), he is linked with the BoSox also mentioned in the non-tender category.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 02:47 PM)
For some reason the whole time I thought he is much older than he really is (27), he is linked with the BoSox also mentioned in the non-tender category.

He just has a very long history already of playing a lot and then having a few personal issues, so it seems like he's been there forever.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 11:50 AM)
Viciedo in the OF is a bad idea, as the rumor is that he has an extremely difficult time catching fly balls.

Yea I've read that too about his depth perception or something along those lines . Had trouble with pop ups but I didnt see that when he was up with the Sox at all. So if it's feasible I'd take a shot and if it doesn't stick OK but if he shows promise let it ride.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
Oney Guillen just tweeted this: My sources r telling me that sox signed a big name. That organization can't keep any secrets. Leaks all over the place

I can't find Oney's tweet, can you send me a link.

Also, do you really think he has any clue whether the Sox are about to sign a big name player?

QUOTE (Special K @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
I can't find Oney's tweet, can you send me a link.

Also, do you really think he has any clue whether the Sox are about to sign a big name player?

http://twitter.com/#!/Oneyguillen/stat...420281768153088

But his tweets are protected.

Well his father is Ozzie Guillen so I would imagine he is pretty well informed. On the other hand kid I take everything he says with a grain of salt.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
I call BS on this deal already being done. Shut it, Oney.

I kinda doubt Oney knows anything since the fallout with the FO last spring, unless Ozzie opened his mouth to him. If Ozzie told him anything, it might really piss off Kenny to the point of him going to JR and asking to fire Ozzie.(not that that would be a bad thing)

Edited by Elgin Slim