Pierzynski Back; 2 years, $8 million

Heads22

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 10:39 PM)
I mean, no matter if you wanted us to bring him back or let him move on, it's hard to argue $4 million a year.

With AJ's reputation throughout the league, and his recent performance with a bat in his hands, he probably wasn't going to eclipse this by much. This is a good deal for both parties.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 10:39 PM)
I mean, no matter if you wanted us to bring him back or let him move on, it's hard to argue $4 million a year.

The end. I would have been ok moving on from AJ if there was something decent out there but since there really isn't, 4 mill a year is really a steal to bring him back.

Great day to be a Sox fan. Now give me Lee/Konerko and some bullpen help and HEY, we have a baseball team.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 09:41 PM)
With AJ's reputation throughout the league, and his recent performance with a bat in his hands, he probably wasn't going to eclipse this by much. This is a good deal for both parties.

He might not have eclipsed by much, but the catching market is kind of scary...

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 10:42 PM)
He might not have eclipsed by much, but the catching market is kind of scary...

I'd be shocked if there was no correlation between the report of the Blue Jays making him an offer and him signing with the Sox a few hours later. This is probably exactly what he was getting offered, or perhaps slightly higher.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 09:27 PM)
What a night, but someone has to get traded now Buehrle or Quentin.

One has to wonder if they considered Buehrle's strong report with AJ while re-signing him. Because of this I'm less inclined to believe he's the one to get traded. I have a feeling it's going to be between Quentin/Jackson/Floyd(who I can see packaged with a salary dump; i.e Teahen)

a dark horse trade candidate, IMO, could be Rios; if one of the big spenders comes up short on Werth/Crawford.

Edited by pktmotion

QUOTE (pktmotion @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 10:04 PM)
One has to wonder if they considered Buehrle's strong report with AJ while re-signing him. Because of this I'm less inclined to believe he's the one to get traded. I have a feeling it's going to be between Quentin/Jackson/Floyd(who I can see packaged with a salary dump; i.e Teahen)

a dark horse trade candidate, IMO, could be Rios; if one of the big spenders comes up short on Werth/Crawford.

Well, considering the only other decent catcher out there is Miguel Olivo and he's had the reputation of not handling pitchers well, I guarantee that AJ's game calling was a huge part in bringing him back.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 09:31 PM)
I watched White Men Can't Jump the other night.

What Kenny is doing reminds me of when Wesley Snipes is pulling money out of his hat, his socks, his crotch, and says "Oh my, it's coming from everywhere..."

:notworthy

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)
And THAT is why you don't offer him arbitration, he would have gotten about $7M through arb and we just locked him up for a million more on a 2 year deal.

This has been a very, very good day.

+1

I hated the no arb offer and wanted to risk it but it's turned out beautifully. AJ is so awesome.