Bobby Jenks to the Red Sox

Pale Sox

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 08:11 PM)
lol. Fathom predicted this months ago. I'm not even going to comment. I wish Bobby well.

Just like when Swisher, Thomas, and others left, I'm sure KW is going to have to bite his tongue about what he really wants to say.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 02:22 PM)
Just like when Swisher, Thomas, and others left, I'm sure KW is going to have to bite his tongue about what he really wants to say.

No doubt this is true, but I wish it wasn't. That's the dark side of KW's uber-competitiveness.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 03:45 PM)
No doubt this is true, but I wish it wasn't. That's the dark side of KW's uber-competitiveness.

I dunno about that. I think this is could instead be the dark-side of the Sox's loyalty to guys. How far do players and coaches have to go to really get on each other's bad sides here? If the Yankees cut loose someone or trade some kid away, teams don't rip them because they expect it's a business; if they're not doing the job, they know they're not going to get rewarded for it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
I think KW gets mad because the organization covers for some of these athletes so much, and then they act like they never did anything wrong on/off the field when they were here and publically question the organization's decision making.

And they likely say these things while fully aware of their immunity.

I love Kenny, but I don't think I've ever heard any GM speak more negatively about ex-players. That's not to say it probably hasn't been deserved in a lot of cases because of loyalty or what have you, but at some point a high-ranking executive has to act the part and stay above the fray, even more so since his field manager has no verbal filter.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 03:19 PM)
I love Kenny, but I don't think I've ever heard any GM speak more negatively about ex-players. That's not to say it probably hasn't been deserved in a lot of cases because of loyalty or what have you, but at some point a high-ranking executive has to act the part and stay above the fray, even more so since his field manager has no verbal filter.

Every time it has been done, it has been to defend the organization.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 03:20 PM)
Every time it has been done, it has been to defend the organization.

I don't disagree. I just think a lot of times the things he is "defending" don't need to be dignified with a response. Too oftern he just amplifies and draws more attention to the perceived criticism.

QUOTE (everafan @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
The comment about playing for a manager that knows how to handle a bullpen is going to be the one Bobby regrets. He should know not to make an enemy of Ozzie. And he got way more chances here thn he will be granted in Boston.

I can't wait to see Paul Konerko face Bobby's fastball.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
I don't disagree. I just think a lot of times the things he is "defending" don't need to be dignified with a response. Too oftern he just amplifies and draws more attention to the perceived criticism.

Him blurting out that JR had loaned Frank money was a complete and total b**** move. But KW is a pretty passionate dude. And I don't think it's his intent to bash these guys publicly. It's just emotion. I'm sure he regrets it afterwards.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 04:35 PM)
Him blurting out that JR had loaned Frank money was a complete and total b**** move. But KW is a pretty passionate dude. And I don't think it's his intent to bash these guys publicly. It's just emotion. I'm sure he regrets it afterwards.

Here's a crazy idea, if you don't want to get your dirty laundry aired, don't air someone else's. Honestly, I hope Jenks gets put to the mat for this. It was a total b**** move by Bobby for the organization that may well have saved his life judging by some of the stories of his drunken and drugged out insanities.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 05:18 PM)
Here's a crazy idea, if you don't want to get your dirty laundry aired, don't air someone else's. Honestly, I hope Jenks gets put to the mat for this. It was a total b**** move by Bobby for the organization that may well have saved his life judging by some of the stories of his drunken and drugged out insanities.

Oh I agree. Other than the Frank thing, I'd say KW has always been justified in his public jousting or whatever you want to call it. Maybe I hold a guy in his late 40's compared to a guy in his late 20's to a different standard. I just think KW could do a better job of exhibiting more restraint.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 05:33 PM)
Oh I agree. Other than the Frank thing, I'd say KW has always been justified in his public jousting or whatever you want to call it. Maybe I hold a guy in his late 40's compared to a guy in his late 20's to a different standard. I just think KW could do a better job of exhibiting more restraint.

Kenny and Frank are only 4 years apart in age FWIW.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 05:35 PM)
Kenny and Frank are only 4 years apart in age FWIW.

Well KW was just flat wrong as far as Frank goes. There's absolutely no reason to let the public know about whatever the heck JR had loaned Frank. I know KW has publicly said some things about Jenks recently. And I assume some more KW quotes will come very quickly. I expect it from Ozzie. As I don't think he's very intelligent. But I expect more from KW.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 06:44 PM)
Well KW was just flat wrong as far as Frank goes. There's absolutely no reason to let the public know about whatever the heck JR had loaned Frank. I know KW has publicly said some things about Jenks recently. And I assume some more KW quotes will come very quickly. I expect it from Ozzie. As I don't think he's very intelligent. But I expect more from KW.

I was under the impression that the loan stuff was already public. Didn't come out when they were talking about exercising the "diminished skills clause" in Frank's contract?