2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 12:39 PM)
I tried the Killzone 3 beta last night. First thing that stuck out to me was the detail in the graphics. Very impressive. However, the game seemed like a lesser copy of Halo.

To me it's a good mix of Halo, Gears, and COD. I like being able to add different abilities to your stable as you improve.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 12:44 PM)
To me it's a good mix of Halo, Gears, and COD. I like being able to add different abilities to your stable as you improve.

That's cool, but it also screws newer users. It took me several games to figure out what the heck I was doing as this was the first I touched the Killzone franchise.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 12:39 PM)
I tried the Killzone 3 beta last night. First thing that stuck out to me was the detail in the graphics. Very impressive. However, the game seemed like a lesser copy of Halo.

The second one is still one of the best looking games I've ever seen on any platform - PC included.

I like how realistic it feels. The weapons feel like they should in real life - heavy. You also get a decent amount of recoil when you fire. Plus the cover system works nice.

I'm pretty irritated, I made it to the last mission in Rome in Assassin's Creed 2 then I left to go do something and turned the game back on and a glitch in the game made me unable to finish the game. So... I need to start the game ALL OVER AGAIN. Sigh.

BTW if you want to play the added content, download and play that BEFORE going to Rome.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 08:28 PM)
I'm pretty irritated, I made it to the last mission in Rome in Assassin's Creed 2 then I left to go do something and turned the game back on and a glitch in the game made me unable to finish the game. So... I need to start the game ALL OVER AGAIN. Sigh.

BTW if you want to play the added content, download and play that BEFORE going to Rome.

Hmm, I didn't know of that problem. That's brutal. At that point you might as well just youtube the ending lol.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 14, 2011 -> 12:45 AM)
Hmm, I didn't know of that problem. That's brutal. At that point you might as well just youtube the ending lol.

That's what I would do for sure. Most of the stuff in Rome is just story cutscenes anyway, with a couple fights.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 04:43 PM)
The second one is still one of the best looking games I've ever seen on any platform - PC included.

I like how realistic it feels. The weapons feel like they should in real life - heavy. You also get a decent amount of recoil when you fire. Plus the cover system works nice.

Agreed. Play the campaign on Elite and you'll feel awesome after beating it. Can't wait for the 3rd.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 12, 2011 -> 09:38 PM)
Top 20

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

2. Fallout 3 (barely loses out here)

3. Super Smash Brothers Melee

4. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

5. Half-Life, but mainly for it's mods like Team Fortress and Day of Defeat and other obscure ones like Wanted.

6. Warcraft 3

7. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

8. F-Zero GX

10. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

11. Pokemon Red/Blue

12. Resident Evil 4

13. Harvest Moon 64

14. Resistance: Fall of Man

15. TimeSplitters 2

16. Mario Kart Double Dash Or MKWii or MKDS, can't decide. Actually, Diddy Kong Racing may have topped them all.

17. Dragon Warrior 3

18. Fire Emblem

19. Roller Coaster Tycoon

20. Donkey Kong 64 or DKC. Can't decide.

Left out sports games because my likes our obscure. Arcady games like Wii Sports, Wayne Gretzky, any Mario sports game, WCW vs. NWO, NBA Jam, and Ken Griffey SNES all belong. My sim likes are Fifa 2002, College Hoops 2k8, MLB 2005, and NBA 2k5.

Bioshock is the greatest game of all time. That's all you need to know fellas.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 09:32 AM)
http://www.atlas-shrugged-movie.com/

edit: Bioshock's source material is Atlas Shrugged, but it presents it in a dystopian view.

The dystopian view is why I like the game so much. I like anything with a dystopian view of the future. Be video game or movie. Like Fallout.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 14, 2011 -> 08:46 PM)
Bioshock is the greatest game of all time. That's all you need to know fellas.

I had that on launch day and never finished it. When I get off Soxtalk I was actually planning to go play it (right before I read this post)

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 14, 2011 -> 12:45 AM)

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Feb 14, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)
That's what I would do for sure. Most of the stuff in Rome is just story cutscenes anyway, with a couple fights.

It actually only took me about 3 days to do the game again, it's a lot less time when I'm not chasing the game to completion and looking for the glyphs and doing those god damn puzzles. I wanted the last 2 achievements. The ending was pretty bad ass though, I thought. The first was a good game but this was soooooo much better, my wife got me a $20 Gamestop gift certificate to Gamestop so I'll be heading there today to buy Brotherhood. Can't wait.

I lol'd at the end when Ezio tells the Pope "vai a farsi fottere" because it means "go f*** yourself"