2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 11:12 AM)
I'm in the middle of season 3 and struggling to continue on. 1 of the nice things about season 1 was the tension of actually trying to run and fund their illegal activities. It gave nice depth to them, as you liked them, but they were also giving guns to terrible people and were bad. Now they don't really touch on that, seem to have tons of money despite not appearing to do any work. It's just very melodramatic. It's like what happened to the OC in season 3.

Stick with it, the ending is worth it.

Oh and Blue Mountain State is a great show, wish I knew about it earlier but I watched the first season on Netflix in less than a week. Disappointed they got rid of Shilow (sp?) for the 2nd season, but Radon seems to be a hilarious character.

grant_e_bevis11_576.jpg

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh huh huh huh huh.

Heh. Heh. Heh.

Hey Butthead! Why do they call it "taking a dump"? You're not taking it anywhere. It should be "leaving a dump".

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Oh yeah!

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 03:39 PM)
Oh and Blue Mountain State is a great show, wish I knew about it earlier but I watched the first season on Netflix in less than a week. Disappointed they got rid of Shilow (sp?) for the 2nd season, but Radon seems to be a hilarious character.

Radon is awesome, but Thad carries the show.

I'm not sure if Clay will get his by the end of the season but if he does I would sure like it to be Opie who pulls the trigger. Clay took out his old man and by extension took out the mother of his kids.

On another note....another Netflix find for me has been the BBC version of Being Human. Orginally, i wasn't sure about the premise (a ghost, werewolf and vampire living together trying to be normal) but i'm through 2 out of three seasons so far and I have love it.

I know there is an American version of this show on Syfy but never got around to seeing it.

QUOTE (juddling @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 08:25 PM)
I'm not sure if Clay will get his by the end of the season but if he does I would sure like it to be Opie who pulls the trigger. Clay took out his old man and by extension took out the mother of his kids.

On another note....another Netflix find for me has been the BBC version of Being Human. Orginally, i wasn't sure about the premise (a ghost, werewolf and vampire living together trying to be normal) but i'm through 2 out of three seasons so far and I have love it.

I know there is an American version of this show on Syfy but never got around to seeing it.

Comedy, I imagine?

Just got caught up on The Walking Dead. Didn't watch it last year. DVR'd the season 1 marathon before the season 2 premiere. Good stuff.

I have a theory about Dexter if anybody wants to hear it...

Geller (Edward James Olmos) is dead or a figment of Travis' (Colin Hanks) imagination, ala Dexter's dad, Harry.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 12:53 AM)
I have a theory about Dexter if anybody wants to hear it...

Geller (Edward James Olmos) is dead or a figment of Travis' (Colin Hanks) imagination, ala Dexter's dad, Harry.

You've been beaten to it.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 12:35 AM)
I think whoever said they think Travis' mentor is not real is completely right. I made sure to pay attention to it tonight, and it was most obvious in the scene where they went out to get coffee. The waitress never once looked at him, and there was only 1 table setting there. And then in the scene where the girl is tied up in the house, she freaks out once Travis comes in, and she again never looks at the other guy, even when he touches her hair (which I noticed he touched the back of her head where the camera blocked any actual movement of her hair).

I think that's a great prediction.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
Oh man, Beavis & Butt-Head... I was LOLing so hard.

I forgot how funny that show was. And them talking about the MTV shows now is hilarious. The rips on Jersey Shore had me nearly crying.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
Oh man, Beavis & Butt-Head... I was LOLing so hard.

Awesome to hear. Was out to dinner late and then got stuck watching that boring sporting event in St. Louis.

With B&B, Parks & Rec, the League on the DVR, Blackhawks in Carolina, & Game 7, tonight should be an epic night to spend hours on the couch in front of the tube.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 27, 2011 -> 09:03 PM)
I still have no idea what is supposed to be interesting/funny about James Spader character on The Office. Can't believe how terrible the casting decisions were of him and Ashton Kutcher on Two and a Half Men.

After last nights episode I'm officially done with The Office. I can't believe the writers f***ed up so bad. I get that Michael Scott is not a replaceable character, but there are strong enough secondary characters to make a decent show (See: Parks and Rec). But EVERY episode has been the exact same. Andy is worried about X event. Spader comes in as some terrible soothsayer supervisor, Andy continues to be worried, the rest of the gang does something uninteresting, Andy freaks out more, Spader reassures him, end episode. Not a single funny joke in the entire half hour. f***ing terrible.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 09:06 AM)
After last nights episode I'm officially done with The Office. I can't believe the writers f***ed up so bad. I get that Michael Scott is not a replaceable character, but there are strong enough secondary characters to make a decent show (See: Parks and Rec). But EVERY episode has been the exact same. Andy is worried about X event. Spader comes in as some terrible soothsayer supervisor, Andy continues to be worried, the rest of the gang does something uninteresting, Andy freaks out more, Spader reassures him, end episode. Not a single funny joke in the entire half hour. f***ing terrible.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard someone say they were done with The Office in the last month or so, I'd have...well, I'd have about 12 bucks. But either way, people keep watching it and they'll keep making that awful show that should've been cancelled when it jumped the shark about 5 seasons ago.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 12:24 PM)
If I had a dollar for every time I heard someone say they were done with The Office in the last month or so, I'd have...well, I'd have about 12 bucks. But either way, people keep watching it and they'll keep making that awful show that should've been cancelled when it jumped the shark about 5 seasons ago.

I officially left the room when the wife watched it. She said it was bad. Her biggest gripe is there was some huge buildup with Spader to some haunted story at the end which was just unfunny.

They've ruined where they could have gone with it. I loved the idea of Andy in charge, but instead of becoming funnier, they've made him terrible.