2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)
I thought it was a great episode with the 49ers stuff and Jax basically pushing Clay aside

It sets up for Juice and Jax to work something out for an exit strategy...problem is this is not the last season so I am not sure how it will all play out.

The thing I fear with this show (and I could easily see it happening) is they create some scenario where Jax is forced to let Clay live/deal with him at the end of the season. It'd just be the status quo. This season really needs to end with Jax or Clay dead, or Gemma at the minimum.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 12:44 PM)
It's just my main problem with SOA. The very best shows create scenarios that are legitimate in the storyline and actions taken by the characters make sense when compared to their actions in the past. SOA is still an entertaining show, but they create things and actions just to fit a storyline, when the storyline should be created by the circumstances and actions of the characters. They've built up the Galindo cartel as these ultra-violent and militarily intelligent drug dealers, but they couldn't take out about 8 of their rivals they took by surprise in a warehouse they had surrounded? And then you have Clay, who went from understandable "bad" guy to a complete murderer who will take anyone out if they even somewhat pose a threat to him. And this all happened overnight or off screen during his time in jail. It's just way too convenient to the plot. I'm sure people are sick of Breaking Bad being talked about, but they did it right. Walt started off as a regular, good-natured schmo, but now he's a criminal mastermind who's willing to do anything it takes to stay in power and alive. But, it works because they have written the character so that he grows into that. His decisions on the show aren't arbitrary so that they fit the storyline. They are the actions that the character would take when you look back on his past actions.

I disagree, Clay started as an understandably bad guy, but his history has always been incredibly shady with big hints that he would murder best friends to get his way, and he put the hit on Opie's wife earlier too.

I don't think it's that far off from the character that he was built up to be.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 12:50 PM)
The thing I fear with this show (and I could easily see it happening) is they create some scenario where Jax is forced to let Clay live/deal with him at the end of the season. It'd just be the status quo. This season really needs to end with Jax or Clay dead, or Gemma at the minimum.

You just hate Gemma :P

Something is going to happen with Jax and Clay, that's for sure. I could also see Jax staying in Oregon after the hitman goes for Tara and the club taking matters into their own hands about Clay. I think Tig will finally step up against Clay and kill him after they learn of the hit, but these are all guesses.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 01:05 PM)
I disagree, Clay started as an understandably bad guy, but his history has always been incredibly shady with big hints that he would murder best friends to get his way, and he put the hit on Opie's wife earlier too.

I don't think it's that far off from the character that he was built up to be.

This is completely inaccurate. He was going to have Opie killed, but Opie's wife ended up driving his truck home and she was mistakenly taken out. And the only reason he was going to kill Opie was because the ATF agent purposely made it look like Opie was snitching (placing a bug in his truck that he was unaware of and funneling money into his bank account from the government, both things done precisely so the Sons could easily "discover" them). And he took out John Teller because he was going to get the Sons of out the gun business and basically end them by doing so.

The character is definitely much worse than he started, but there wasn't any legitimate buildup to that.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 01:07 PM)
You just hate Gemma :P

Something is going to happen with Jax and Clay, that's for sure. I could also see Jax staying in Oregon after the hitman goes for Tara and the club taking matters into their own hands about Clay. I think Tig will finally step up against Clay and kill him after they learn of the hit, but these are all guesses.

I honestly doubt it, other than maybe another fight and high tension. I think they will find another way to end the season like they do every other season, with the Sons basically exactly the same as they started.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 01:37 PM)
I honestly doubt it, other than maybe another fight and high tension. I think they will find another way to end the season like they do every other season, with the Sons basically exactly the same as they started.

Nah, that's impossible. The season will either end with things unresolved between Clay and Jax, or Clay dead. There's aboslutely no way things don't come to a head.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 01:37 PM)
This is completely inaccurate. He was going to have Opie killed, but Opie's wife ended up driving his truck home and she was mistakenly taken out. And the only reason he was going to kill Opie was because the ATF agent purposely made it look like Opie was snitching (placing a bug in his truck that he was unaware of and funneling money into his bank account from the government, both things done precisely so the Sons could easily "discover" them). And he took out John Teller because he was going to get the Sons of out the gun business and basically end them by doing so.

The character is definitely much worse than he started, but there wasn't any legitimate buildup to that.

Oops that was a slip up in my memory there. Clay didn't have a ton of evidence to go off, they knew the ATF agent was f***ing with them to a point but they decided killing him was the best choice, which no decent person would do. Same with killing JT, you don't just kill your friend because of money. Clay has a history of wiping out people that put him in a corner.

I don't see that happening at all, there will be a major change IMO.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
Nah, that's impossible. The season will either end with things unresolved between Clay and Jax, or Clay dead. There's aboslutely no way things don't come to a head.

I wonder if Unser covers up Piney's death and makes him basically go MIA.

The Otto thing is an interesting twist as well

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 02:43 PM)
I wonder if Unser covers up Piney's death and makes him basically go MIA.

The Otto thing is an interesting twist as well

I have to admit..i laughed after Gemma kissed Unser. The look on his face said it all. He wanted to enjoy it but his face was saying WTF? He knew it was completely for manipulation purposes.

I do agree with the point that Clay or Jax will have to go at the end of the season. You can't have Jax find out about what Clay has done and then just let them stay side by side.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 02:42 PM)
Oops that was a slip up in my memory there. Clay didn't have a ton of evidence to go off, they knew the ATF agent was f***ing with them to a point but they decided killing him was the best choice, which no decent person would do. Same with killing JT, you don't just kill your friend because of money. Clay has a history of wiping out people that put him in a corner.

I don't see that happening at all, there will be a major change IMO.

If you're Clay, you absolutely have to take out Opie there. Sorry, it's a s***ty decision to have to make, but this guy was found to have a wire on him and money in his account magically after he was released from jail too quickly. He can take down your whole operation. You have to do it.

John Teller was going to take down what the Sons were. That's the debatable one. Perhaps the Sons could have continued to exist, but they would just become basically a neighborhood group of guys riding around on their Harley's pissing everyone off who's trying to watch TV. From all accounts, he was poised to take over once Teller left anyway, so he wouldn't just do it to seize power in the way that Claudius did when he murdered Hamlet's father (which is the basis of the show). He did it to preserve what the Sons motorcycle gang had become, while he definitely made money off of it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 07:49 AM)
So Community has one good episode this year and a few funny gags. Last night was not very good, but I did get a kick out of the Urbana Champaign shirt.

Oh man, I thought Community was the best it's been since season 1 last night. I loved it.

Parks & Rec. That show is so f***ing good.

I did NOT watch The Office for the 2nd consecutive week and feel really good about that.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 05:38 PM)
Oh man, I thought Community was the best it's been since season 1 last night. I loved it.

I did NOT watch The Office for the 2nd consecutive week and feel really good about that.

We watched 10 minutes then i had to stop.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 11:38 AM)

Ron selling those flutes to those people and accepting checks was great. Love Parks & Rec. Best comedy on TV.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 6, 2011 -> 07:20 PM)
Watched the first two episodes of HEROES on Netflix Streaming. Hooked.

Aww man, it's only downhill from there. That show is great for a season and a half and then you'll eventually give in and stop. The first season of that show was must see TV, but it's a gradual decline into something I didn't want to watch.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 6, 2011 -> 07:45 PM)
Aww man, it's only downhill from there. That show is great for a season and a half and then you'll eventually give in and stop. The first season of that show was must see TV, but it's a gradual decline into something I didn't want to watch.

Thats what I hear. I'll see how far I can get with it. Finally have some free time.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 6, 2011 -> 07:45 PM)

Exactly. I think I made it about 8 episodes into season 2.