2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 05:13 PM)
@sepinwall

Community is being pulled from NBC's mid-season schedule. Working on story now...

20 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Same goes for Prime Suspect, by the way. I have personally never seen it.

Dang, it wasn't my favorite show but it was most definitely hilarious. They've had some absolute golden episodes the past few seasons.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 05:00 PM)
Better than Breaking Bad? Or are you saying "currently" on TV? You do seem to jump from one show to another kind of quickly :lol:

I would hope not. I mean, Homeland is off to a good start, but we are talking about 4 tremendous seasons from Breaking Bad, and about half a season of really good from Homeland. It's a must-watch, but not on BB's level yet.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 05:04 PM)
Looks like Community's going bye-bye, pulled from the mid-season schedule. I know it didn't get a lot of love around here, especially of late it seems but I adored that show.

That sucks. I'm with you. If NBC doesn't want it, maybe it can go to FX or Comedy Central.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 05:04 PM)
Looks like Community's going bye-bye, pulled from the mid-season schedule. I know it didn't get a lot of love around here, especially of late it seems but I adored that show.

Are you f***ing kidding? That is a serious shame. It's been getting better and better as this season has progressed. Some of the last few have been some of the strongest in the series.

Ridiculous.

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 06:45 PM)
Are you f***ing kidding? That is a serious shame. It's been getting better and better as this season has progressed. Some of the last few have been some of the strongest in the series.

Ridiculous.

Agreed. Its been as great as season 1 lately.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 07:30 PM)
Looks like Community will be going on hiatus, obviously this is not good but we may see it again in the future even after this current run ends early.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed...nity-nbc-261221

And "Whitney" remains. :huh They're making room for more Tina Fey crap. :angry:

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 11:36 PM)
And "Whitney" remains. :huh They're making room for more Tina Fey crap. :angry:

whoa whoa whoa, let's not get ridiculous now. I'm as pissed as anyone that Community is on hiatus, but "Tina Fey crap" is a phrase that should never be used, especially considering Donald Glover (from Community) is also a writer for 30 Rock.

EDIT: Alright, well, he WAS a writer on 30 Rock. That doesn't really take away from the point that 30 Rock owns.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 11:42 PM)
whoa whoa whoa, let's not get ridiculous now. I'm as pissed as anyone that Community is on hiatus, but "Tina Fey crap" is a phrase that should never be used, especially considering Donald Glover (from Community) is also a writer for 30 Rock.

EDIT: Alright, well, he WAS a writer on 30 Rock. That doesn't really take away from the point that 30 Rock owns.

30 Rock sucks. I work in broadcasting and I cannot relate to that s***. Nobody can and it is not in any way funny.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Nov 15, 2011 -> 12:50 AM)
Typical Tina Fey joke...

Say something juvenile that was funny 20 years ago. Pregnant pause. Smirk. Accept praise.

Goodnight.

False. 30 Rock is actually very witty when it comes to current events. I wouldn't mind if Tracy Morgan was gone though.

I was rolling at the 2 minute surveillance video of Ted and Marshall on HIMYM last night. It was so stupid it was funny.

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 11:42 PM)

I used to like 30 Rock, but it got repetitive and boring so I dropped it a couple seasons ago.

Finally caught up on some shows last night -

Walking Dead - another boring episode, but at least it focused on the only interesting character the show has left. At this point this show has become a huge failure IMO. Whoever said the first 6 episodes from season one were all fantastic is crazy. The writing in the wall has been there for a while, even in the first season - absolutely amazing zombie sequences, followed by long and brutally boring character sequences. I don't care about any of these characters, except maybe Glen and Daryl. That's a problem if you're going to force me to watch 6 hours of conversation about stupid issues (love triangles, problem pregnancy, suicide issues, racism/redneckism, etc) with about 20 minutes of action sequences. DO SOMETHING. For the love of God. This show is an episode, maybe two, away from me being done with it. If you haven't already, I recommend reading http://videogum.com/413492/the-walking-dea...loft/tv/recaps/ Hilarious recaps showing how dumb the show is getting.

Homeland - agreed it's the best new show by far, and becoming one of the best on TV period. I was getting to the point where I thought Carrie's relationship with Brody was becoming completely unbelievable - putting the Carrie character question aside, I was beginning to think that the show would have to create some ridiculous scenario for Carrie to not be outed for the gigantic intelligence mistake. If they're eventually going to arrest Brody as a terrorist, wouldn't he out her at some point? Luckily the writers were ahead of me and wrote that awesome scene where it all comes out. Problem solved.

I'm catching up on The Walking Dead (now just one episode behind), and I have to say it's getting pretty stupid.

You find a zombie in a well. It's not really causing any harm. Drink water from well and you may or may not = zombie (they didn't really establish that... is the water contaminated? Is it not? Have these people been selectively ignoring that well for months?)

Either way, no harm was coming to any one.

So let's send our token Asian who looks like he's trying out for a Temple of Doom sequel and send him down the well. Why? I guess the water in this well (1 of 7 on the property), that has gone ignored for quite some time, is now precious.

Of course 7 people can't properly lower a 150 lb dude down the well to TIE A F*CKING ROPE AROUND A WATER-BLOATED ZOMBIE. The fact that while dangling and freaking for his life after the fountain breaks this dude was able to lasso our zombie friend is stupid enough, but also they showed the group gain at least 10-15 feet on the ground pulling the rope up, while Glenn isn't being raised at all within the well.

So then they raise the zombie out, and the zombie breaks in half. Nice effects, pretty nasty stuff. The reaction?

"Well, we should definitely seal off that well."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You go through all this crap, happily endanger Glenn's life, in order to save a well that apparently no one cared about until that day, and then the "rescue" goes so terribly you "should seal off that well". Genius. The well should have just been sealed immediately and a pulled put in the zombie's head.

Other Notes:

• Lori is knocked up. Like I give a s***. Just let your husband raw dog you like you let Shane and act like it's his kid. We're to believe it hasn't been that long since episode 1, so it'd be within the realm of possibility that it's Rick's when the little bastard is born.
  • The Charlize Theron lookalike (Lauren Cohan, must have gotten a nose job) banged Glenn. This is the first time I've wished the show were on HBO or Showtime so we could have seen her boobs.
  • Lori is to The Walking Dead as Gemma is to Sons of Anarchy.
Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 15, 2011 -> 09:10 AM)
Luckily the writers were ahead of me and wrote that awesome scene where it all comes out. Problem solved.

That was one of the best non-Breaking Bad scenes I've seen in television in quite some time. I love this show.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 15, 2011 -> 09:19 AM)
I'm catching up on The Walking Dead (now just one episode behind), and I have to say it's getting pretty stupid.

You find a zombie in a well. It's not really causing any harm. Drink water from well and you may or may not = zombie (they didn't really establish that... is the water contaminated? Is it not? Have these people been selectively ignoring that well for months?)

Either way, no harm was coming to any one.

So let's send our token Asian who looks like he's trying out for a Temple of Doom sequel and send him down the well. Why? I guess the water in this well (1 of 7 on the property), that has gone ignored for quite some time, is now precious.

Of course 7 people can't properly lower a 150 lb dude down the well to TIE A F*CKING ROPE AROUND A WATER-BLOATED ZOMBIE. The fact that while dangling and freaking for his life after the fountain breaks this dude was able to lasso our zombie friend is stupid enough, but also they showed the group gain at least 10-15 feet on the ground pulling the rope up, while Glenn isn't being raised at all within the well.

So then they raise the zombie out, and the zombie breaks in half. Nice effects, pretty nasty stuff. The reaction?

"Well, we should definitely seal off that well."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You go through all this crap, happily endanger Glenn's life, in order to save a well that apparently no one cared about until that day, and then the "rescue" goes so terribly you "should seal off that well". Genius. The well should have just been sealed immediately and a pulled put in the zombie's head.

Other Notes:

• Lori is knocked up. Like I give a s***. Just let your husband raw dog you like you let Shane and act like it's his kid. We're to believe it hasn't been that long since episode 1, so it'd be within the realm of possibility that it's Rick's when the little bastard is born.
  • The Charlize Theron lookalike (Lauren Cohan, must have gotten a nose job) banged Glenn. This is the first time I've wished the show were on HBO or Showtime so we could have seen her boobs.
  • Lori is to The Walking Dead as Gemma is to Sons of Anarchy.

Crazy theory coming. Hershel and his family are actively turning people into zombies. The daughter pointed the survivors to the well with the zombie in it. There are 7 wells on that property, and the zombie in the well had clearly been there a long time. Once infected, the new zombies are corralled into the barn. Not sure why they would be doing this, but my guess is that it's some crazy religious thing. We're already seeing that Hershel isn't the sweet old man that he originally seemed to be.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 15, 2011 -> 09:50 AM)
Crazy theory coming. Hershel and his family are actively turning people into zombies. The daughter pointed the survivors to the well with the zombie in it. There are 7 wells on that property, and the zombie in the well had clearly been there a long time. Once infected, the new zombies are corralled into the barn. Not sure why they would be doing this, but my guess is that it's some crazy religious thing. We're already seeing that Hershel isn't the sweet old man that he originally seemed to be.

That would actually insinuate that something happens on this show that involves a plan and good writing.